Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2015, 17:50   #3391
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

The mosque near Jayadeva, off BG road is Bilal Mosque. Have seen many eateries open here beyond 11 pm. Beats the stalls in Tilaknagar (opp to RGUHS) for sheer variety and taste
Old 3rd July 2015, 11:37   #3392
RGP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
there are some stalls near the Mosque in Koramangala - the same lane where Empire hotel and California Pizza Kitchen are on.
By what time do the Koramangala stalls start serving food in the evening? I need to pick up food for 10-12 people and wanted to do it as early as possible.
TIA.
Old 3rd July 2015, 17:06   #3393
BHPian

I'm not sure, but they were open around 4-5pm when I went there. The stall where I picked up haleem, he mixed in separate pieces of mutton into my "plain" haleem. I'm not going there anymore.

Yesterday, I ordered chicken haleem from Ammi's and it was surprisingly good.
Old 3rd July 2015, 17:57   #3394
Senior - BHPian

Today being friday, we as a team had been to a new restaurant, Moritz which has opened in EC. Here is my review of the place.

Its located on the neeladri main road further away from Wipro office close to barbeque nation. Its located on the ground floor of an apartment complex and has no parking available. Have to park on roadside.

Ambience : 3.5/5 (Nothing great to write about but since they have used lot of glass place feels spacious).
Food : 4/5 . (Starters were good and main course also was good except for side dish which was slightly on the OK side. Got a good feedback from our non veg teammates).
Service : 3/5 . ( Had to wait for 5 mins just to get a menu after being seated. Also had ordered soft drinks but they did not arrive till the end and we had to cancel it. But other tables I could see that the service was pretty ok. So it might have been only for us).
Price : 4/5. ( Reasonably priced. We for a team of 7 the bill was around 1500 including veg and non veg).

Overall it was a nice experience and I would definitely visit since the food was good.
Old 3rd July 2015, 18:14   #3395
Senior - BHPian

A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Guys, tried his new Andhra place on 12th main Indiranagar. It's called Rayalseema Ruchulu. They call it authentic Telugu cuisine. Really different. Came out feeling awesome.

Their starters are good. Tried something called Seema Kodi and mutton cutlet.

Main courses was Gongura Mamasam and Ragi Sagati.

Tried their boneless Chicken Biriyani.

Food rated 4.5
Ambiance 4.0
Service. 4.0

Give it a try if you are around the area.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 3rd July 2015 at 18:32.
Old 3rd July 2015, 18:50   #3396
Senior - BHPian

This is probably a branch of the hyderabad based chain - it is quite reputed over there. http://www.rayalaseemaruchulu.com/

But even in Hyd, my favorite place for true andhra food (nope mostly telengana dishes and it is now telengana state after all) was Hotel Rajdoot in Lakdi Ka Pul near where the tourist buses stop. Shady place with murals of well, I guess you can call them apsaras, on the wall, sleazy appearance. Once you get the food on the banana leaf and in your mouth you forget everything else, and I've never had food poisoning from what they serve - it is all hot and fresh. I wish they'd open a branch somewhere.
Old 3rd July 2015, 19:23   #3397
BHPian

For pure vegetarians, try SouthIndies on 100feet road (near California Pizza Kitchen)
Amazing 7 course meal for just Rs. 499.
I got stumped by the variety and quality of the food at such reasonable price.
Old 3rd July 2015, 19:27   #3398
Senior - BHPian

This might be slightly OT but did any of you read that the buildings at Johnson Market are to be demolished to make way for a swanky glass/concrete building. I don't know what is this idea of ours to destroy old buildings without any thought. Granted, someone has greased someone's palms...but still!
Old 3rd July 2015, 21:48   #3399
RGP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
I'm not sure, but they were open around 4-5pm when I went there. The stall where I picked up haleem, he mixed in separate pieces of mutton into my "plain" haleem. I'm not going there anymore.

Yesterday, I ordered chicken haleem from Ammi's and it was surprisingly good.
Thanks... I told your story and was relieved of duty....somebody else picking up from Mosque Street or Shivajinagar. Waiting for the food to arrive.....
Old 15th July 2015, 20:39   #3400
BHPian

Hi guys, I am looking for caterers for Mangalorean Catholic food in North Bangalore/ yelanka or anywhere in Bangalore.

I have found a few contacts on yellow pages. But have no idea how they are.
So please if any of you guys have any genuine contacts where you have tried the food, please share the details.

Thanks a million in advance.
Old 16th July 2015, 13:46   #3401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortho_surgeon View Post
... looking for caterers for Mangalorean Catholic food in North Bangalore/ yelanka or anywhere in Bangalore. ...
Talk to Ganesh Nayak of Sona Caterers (www sonacaterers com, or co in). They are in Malleswaram.
Old 16th July 2015, 16:44   #3402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
This might be slightly OT but did any of you read that the buildings at Johnson Market are to be demolished to make way for a swanky glass/concrete building. I don't know what is this idea of ours to destroy old buildings without any thought. Granted, someone has greased someone's palms...but still!
Oh dear, that is sad. When I got my first job, my training center was in Koramangala & I used to go to Johnson market every single day to have a nice cup of chai and hot onion samosas. Will definitely miss this place!
Old 16th July 2015, 17:14   #3403
Senior - BHPian

Folks,

I need to suggest a place for getting good Haleem. I am not sure as I am vegetarian. Any suggestions? How are the stalls near the mosque at Jayadeva?
Old 17th July 2015, 18:08   #3404
BHPian

I saw this in facebook. Any comments?
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore-service-tax.jpg  

Old 17th July 2015, 18:09   #3405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Folks,

I need to suggest a place for getting good Haleem. I am not sure as I am vegetarian. Any suggestions? How are the stalls near the mosque at Jayadeva?
The best is from Pista house at frazer town.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks