Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2016, 18:41   #3526
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Has anyone been to Malgudi Vattika on Mysore Road?
Old 17th June 2016, 21:56   #3527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanak1 View Post
Yes, decent place with a nice ambience. The food and service are average. It is worth a visit if you are in the vicinity.
Old 17th June 2016, 22:05   #3528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanak1 View Post
Lovely food.I had breakfast 3 weeks ago.

Waseem.
Old 18th June 2016, 16:49   #3529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco Sauce View Post
Yes, decent place with a nice ambience. The food and service are average. It is worth a visit if you are in the vicinity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Lovely food.I had breakfast 3 weeks ago.

Waseem.
Thanks guys. I think I will visit this place then.
Old 10th September 2016, 23:34   #3530
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm not a fan of Adyar Ananda bhavan A2B since the experience at various outlets both in terms of the food itself and the service and ambience isn't consistent.
Recent experience at the outlet in Pondy Bazaar, Chennai was pathetic to say the least.
However, some of their restaurants in their 'fine dining' format seem to be good and one such outlet opened recently near Ulsoor lake. We happened to try the place this week and it was excellent with good food, service, ambience and decent pricing.
Loved the 'mini tiffin' - a combo of 1 idly, vada, a mini masala dosa, scoop of Pongal and kesari baath at Rs.86.
They even had north Indian dishes, some Indian-chinese dishes, pizzas, and chaats but we didn't try them.
Old 11th September 2016, 15:17   #3531
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
And there is a new Donear Kabab place which goes by the name of Otantik Doner Kebabz. Free wifi . Tried the mutton kapsalon, avg experience. The service took its own sweet time at about 30 minutes. Another reason why I may not be awwed by this place could because of the experience of Donear Kebaps at Belgium, for 3 Euros, they stuff the bread with meat and yummy sauce which leaves you grinning and a full tummy.
I've eaten lots of Doner Kebabs in Europe and the Middle East including places like Turkey and Egypt and Jordan etc. Very popular snacky meal they are too. Especially as you say Belgium, Germany, Sweden, UK, Denmark etc.
The spelling of this place 'Otantik' - (quite near my house) - is meant to give one that 'Turkish Feel' .
I'm half afraid to try this place because of the yummy Doner Kebabs I've eaten outside India, all smothered in tasty sauce and lovely grilled meats...
Old 18th September 2016, 17:44   #3532
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

A friend introduced us to a place called Vande Mataram just beside ISKCON temple on West of Chord Road. In addition to the regular South & North Indian fare they have some nutritious stuff made with millets. Ground floor is a darshini style place with an AC family dining hall on the first floor. The Akki Roti and Kashaya are must-haves here (Kashaya looks a bit like Badam Milk).
Old 18th September 2016, 17:49   #3533
BHPian

Galitos in Whitefield is quite good i must say.It is a chicken lovers paradise.It is right before Vydehi bus stop.Has anyone has had the experience of indulging your tastebuds out there?
Old 20th September 2016, 20:27   #3534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
Galitos in Whitefield is quite good i must say.It is a chicken lovers paradise.It is right before Vydehi bus stop.Has anyone has had the experience of indulging your tastebuds out there?
Yeah, I did two days ago. Its like Nando's and serves peri-peri chicken. I did not like the taste of the chilly on the chicken. Their starters looked good. Nowadays they are giving away coupons for a 10% discount at Coldstone Creamery which is right next to Galitos. Have the ice cream, avail the discount and they will then give you a 20% discount coupon for Galitos. If it was upto me, it would have been a never ending cycle with the two.
Old 7th November 2016, 13:30   #3535
Senior - BHPian

Had been to Farzi Cafe in UB city couple of weeks back for a weekend brunch. Here is my review of the place.

Ambience : Good.
Service : Good. Very customer friendly and attentive.

Being vegetarians options were limited for us.

Starters : Ordered Karela Calamari and Dal Chawal Aranccini. Loved them.
Main : Ordered Risotto and ratatouille. I forgot the names of them though. Did not like either of the dish. Risotto was very bland with less salt and more cheese while the ratatouille was ok'ish.
Desert : Ordered Rasmalai (they name it differently). Loved the way the twist was added on the classic rasmalai. We gobbled this up completely.

Liked the cotton candy paan in the end. Staff are courteous and they sure do make you feel at ease. Little pricey for sure. Would rate overrall as 3/5.
Old 7th November 2016, 13:52   #3536
Senior - BHPian

Risotto is a delicately flavoured rice dish - and yes it is supposed to be cheesy and not heavily salted. The flavour of the broth and cheese should have soaked **deep** into the rice though so hope that was the case with your plate of risotto.
Old 7th November 2016, 15:10   #3537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Risotto is a delicately flavoured rice dish - and yes it is supposed to be cheesy and not heavily salted. The flavour of the broth and cheese should have soaked **deep** into the rice though so hope that was the case with your plate of risotto.
Yep I do know what risotto is and infact have had the privelege to have authentic one cooked by an Italian friend's mother. All italian dishes will be having less salt and more cheese but the Risotto that I had at Farzi's was tasting only cheese and nothing else. There was not even small whiff of salt in the dish. No flavour except cheese. So thats why I was not happy. Guess my expectation was little high considering that the dish came recommended by the waiter.

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 7th November 2016 at 15:26.
Old 7th November 2016, 15:44   #3538
Senior - BHPian

A lot of the packaged cheeses used here are already high in salt so the local chefs usually don't add more salt. I doubt that an Italian housewife would be caught dead using the sort of dud cheeses we usually get in local supermarkets so the taste would be better for just that
Old 22nd November 2016, 10:12   #3539
mxx
BHPian

Anyone had buffet at Byblos? love to have some feedback regarding the Buffet. Preferably from someone who is familiar with arab, lebanese cuisines.

BTW, while searching about the restaurant, I came across this "fridge of kindness" initiative of theirs, nice.
Old 6th December 2016, 13:18   #3540
BHPian

Tried Eat Street at Koramangala. Well, its good. Ordered the Pork Vindaloo with rice from the goan outlet and corn parota from the other one.
Found the food to be good and cost is moderate.

They have multiple outlets and there is a good street fare ambience. The day I visited, there was live music as well. Food options include waffles, parotas, chinese, burgers, etc. You are given a NFC card while you enter. Tap when making a purchase and pay when you leave. Overall, a nice experience.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks