Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2017, 13:08   #3571
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Amazing, I thought they'd left. Achayan is well above average, food wise.

Also see Shaap in HAL 2nd stage

Last edited by hserus : 14th April 2017 at 13:09.
Old 14th April 2017, 20:36   #3572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
One of the rare places that served affordable AND tasty non vegetarian as well as vegetarian food.
I checked their prices on Zomato and went through the menu, it can no longer be called affordable, the Indiranagar pub was famous for it's Kodava cuisine and Pork dishes in particular which are missing from the new menu.
Old 13th May 2017, 23:27   #3573
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Recent dinner experience at South Indies, Indiranagar - pretty forgettable actually:
1. Only dinner buffet, no A La Carte, but we decided to go ahead and try it.
2. Food was average, except for couple of starters, appams, podi dosa and one side dish.
3. They had a chettinad food fest called 'Iyer on fire' but it turned out to be an overdose of chettinad masala flavoured dishes, did not enjoy them.
4. The shocker was washrooms had no water in the taps. The wash basin counter had a small plastic bucket with water and mug and the water was muddy. The bucket and mug had signs of being used in some construction activities with cement stains all over them!

A pretty forgettable experience overall.

Last edited by NPV : 13th May 2017 at 23:30.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2017, 00:21   #3574
BHPian

Nando's Indiranagar: Portuguese specialities

Recent experience:

Ambience: great, not too dark and not too bright. Liked the pastels all around. Kind of soothes the mood. Two floors of seating.

Food: Good taste and your palette will love it undoubtedly.

Dining style: it's a different type of a restaurant, you are seated on a table and you have the menu. Choose and go to the counter to get it billed. Then go and pick the plates, cutlery , sauces etc as per your liking. The main food servings will be brought by the waiter. Cold drinks are bottomless ( read unlimited fills). Go to the dispenser and refill as many times.
Kind of nice touch.

Overall rating: 4.5/5
justwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2017, 21:48   #3575
BHPian

The Druid Garden

Visited The Druid Garden, recently opened the microbrewery too.

Interiors and Ambience - This place is very spacious and beautifully laid out, the interiors have an unfinished look to the walls, they have a retractable glass roof.

Service - Very good, the steward was very knowledgeable on the dishes and service was prompt.

Food - Amazing, we ordered Beetroot Shami Kabab and it was really good, tasted very different to what I have had before. The Second dish, was Asian Taco's, it was really well presented and was very tasty.

Price - I felt the food was expensive when compared to the quantity served, however the food was good, so I do not mind much.

Parking - Two wheelers will have to park on the street in front of thee building, Cars can be parked in the basement.
motorpsycho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 16:36   #3576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
Anyone had buffet at Byblos? love to have some feedback regarding the Buffet. Preferably from someone who is familiar with arab, lebanese cuisines.
I've had the buffet there. The taste is good, with the traditional Lebanese fare - Pita Breads, Falafels. You should try the shawarma. Stood out!
However, the spread isn't much. Felt that its slightly overpriced.
And Yes, the "Fridge of Kindness" was there.

Last edited by ampere : 18th May 2017 at 17:18. Reason: Removed video link
Old 18th May 2017, 17:24   #3577
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneezan View Post
I've had the buffet there. The taste is good, with the traditional Lebanese fare - Pita Breads, Falafels. You should try the shawarma. Stood out!

However, the spread isn't much. Felt that its slightly overpriced.
Agreed. But what I like is variety of veg options on the salad front. In fact thats the only reason, I have been there more the once. The price is high not doubt. But for types of veg / salad items you get to taste and that too embodied with a flavour which we dont taste on a daily basis; its a good experience.

Also I am not a major fan of heavy duty main course which fills you up to the brim. Hence I am OK with the kind of spread they provide.
Old 18th May 2017, 17:40   #3578
BHPian

On the hunt for cheap but tasty Kerala cuisine in Whitefield, came across Kidulum, near ITPL, Whitefield. The ratings were high on Zomato(within Whitefield).Tried it out and was very satisfied. Very Tasty and Cheap!
Definitely one to try out for anyone looking for Kerala Cuisine.
Its open for breakfast as well(staple puttu/appams and kadala curry)

This one is purely for the food, not so much for the ambience. Its an open restaurant, so no A/C.
Old 19th May 2017, 10:45   #3579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
Nando's Indiranagar: Portuguese specialities

Recent experience:

Ambience: great, not too dark and not too bright. Liked the pastels all around. Kind of soothes the mood. Two floors of seating.

Food: Good taste and your palette will love it undoubtedly.

Overall rating: 4.5/5
Somehow I was underwhelmed with Nando's Indiranagar as to when compared to Whitefield specially with the taste.
I am amazed as people have to actually pick up cutlery in such an upscale restaurant. I know its been a while they did this change but it still does not go down too well with me.
Old 13th June 2017, 12:13   #3580
mxx
BHPian

Need help to find the ramadhan food stalls near bilal mosque. I know the location of mosque, but where is the area where food stalls are located?
Old 14th June 2017, 20:41   #3581
BHPian

Frazer Town Ramazan Visit

Every year during Ramzan, I make it a point to visit the stalls at Frazer town. This year the stalls were considerably fewer in number, only the local hotels were allowed to have a stall.
Had Chicken Haleem and the below listed at Charminar Kabab Paradise, was looking for Mutton Haleem, which was unavailable. Taste was OK, a bit bland for my taste.
Chicken Pepper on a stick – Loved this one, spicy and very tasty.
Another dish, made of Chicken breast was also very tasty, unable to recall the name right now.
Chicken Kabab – Very tasty and sufficient quantity, but not as good as Empire’s.

From here we walked to Karama, had the Malabari Biryani, did not like it much, as I am used to spicier Andhra variety, finished off this visit with a Faluda, which was nice, but a bit heavy on essence.
Old 15th June 2017, 20:07   #3582
BHPian

I have heard there are Ramadan special stalls setup near Jyoti nivas college but I do not know the exact location. Has anyone been there? Any option near Marathalli?
Old 15th June 2017, 20:22   #3583
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
I have heard there are Ramadan special stalls setup near Jyoti nivas college but I do not know the exact location. Has anyone been there? Any option near Marathalli?
Ya it is there, starting from front of empire and then you can just follow it. The place was extremely crowded last friday.
Old 16th June 2017, 05:06   #3584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Ya it is there, starting from front of empire and then you can just follow it. The place was extremely crowded last friday.

Yes, this place was extremely crowded and cramped when i visited last saturday. This is not well organized and an absolute mess. The vendors here are just fleecing the public and not worth it. It was dirty with drain/rain water under your feet. You can absolutely give this a miss and you will not miss too much unless you want to experience the crowd and traffic.
Old 16th June 2017, 09:24   #3585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Any recommendation for a place in the Indiranagar area for authentic Mangalorean/coastal cuisine?
Not sure about indiranagar , but you could try coast 2 coast in koramangala. From sony signal as you proceed towards st.johns , take the right which leads to koramangala club, and this place is around 150 mts on your left. The ambience is nothing much to talk about but their crab ghee roast and squid roast are quite good and so is the mangalore style fish curry.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks