Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2017, 21:06   #3586
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Folks, any suggestions for a good restaurant to take my wife out on her birthday tomorrow. Preferably in south bangalore. We are vegetarians but ok to dine in any restaurant as long as we have veg options.
Old 28th June 2017, 21:54   #3587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Folks, any suggestions for a good restaurant to take my wife out on her birthday tomorrow. Preferably in south bangalore. We are vegetarians but ok to dine in any restaurant as long as we have veg options.
Punjabi by nature koramangala
Old 28th June 2017, 23:49   #3588
BHPian

A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:

Once upon a roof top, 4th block Jayanagar (diagonally opposite the CCD), next to Sri Venkateshwara Sweets and Chats. Great place. I took my wife there a couple of months ago. Great food and an even brilliant ambience.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Team-BHP

Last edited by drhoneycake : 28th June 2017 at 23:52.
Old 29th June 2017, 10:42   #3589
BHPian

You can also try the rooftop at eeshanya , above cake wala and taaza thindi in Jaynagar 4 block, the ambience is pretty good, food average but the restaurant is a pure vegetarian one
Old 29th June 2017, 14:29   #3590
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Punjabi by nature koramangala
Have been there already once. So might not repeat again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
Once upon a roof top, 4th block Jayanagar (diagonally opposite the CCD), next to Sri Venkateshwara Sweets and Chats. Great place. I took my wife there a couple of months ago. Great food and an even brilliant ambience.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Team-BHP
I had heard about it but had forgotten completely. Thanks . I will possibly visit this place today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
You can also try the rooftop at eeshanya , above cake wala and taaza thindi in Jaynagar 4 block, the ambience is pretty good, food average but the restaurant is a pure vegetarian one
Thanks mazda4life. It is my school friend who owns this restaurant and I have been there couple of times.
Old 30th June 2017, 22:30   #3591
Senior - BHPian

By the way, I took my wife out to Kesariya restaurant. I had booked at Once upon a roof top, 4th block Jayanagar but since the delivery of the vehicle got delayed I could not make it. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Last edited by aah78 : 1st July 2017 at 00:27. Reason: Removed the quoted posts.
Old 1st July 2017, 17:10   #3592
BHPian

Quote:
By the way, I took my wife out to Kesariya restaurant.
How was the experience? I stay close by.
Old 1st July 2017, 21:45   #3593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
How was the experience? I stay close by.
Food wise if you have been to Rajdhani then it is almost the same here. The only difference in Kesariya is that they explain each item, serve you leisurely not flooding your plate with items and also the food is slightly spicier (not very) than Rajdhani (the food their is slightly more towards sweeter side). Good for a family get together but strictly vegetarian affair.
Old 1st July 2017, 23:52   #3594
Senior - BHPian

Tried The Dhaba by Claridges on 12th main Indiranagar. Very authentic taste and lovely quaint ambience. A good option to angeethi or oye amritsar. Their dhaba dal is the most authentic black dal I've had till date.

This place is on top of the chicho baby store.
Old 18th August 2017, 11:21   #3595
Senior - BHPian

I am again back on this thread seeking suggestion for a office get together.

We are planning for a complete team get together (team of 70 people) for lunch coming wednesday. Budget is strictly 500 per head ( very stingy people at the top) . Looking for a buffet place in and around HSR, koramangala, bellandur which can accomodate 70 people and also help us stay within the budget. Any suggestions people?
Old 18th August 2017, 11:23   #3596
Senior - BHPian

Bakasura near Bellandur might fit the bill.

Take a look and see if it suits you.

Quote:

We are planning for a complete team get together (team of 70 people) for lunch coming wednesday. Budget is strictly 500 per head ( very stingy people at the top) . Looking for a buffet place in and around HSR, koramangala, bellandur which can accomodate 70 people and also help us stay within the budget. Any suggestions people?
Old 18th August 2017, 11:28   #3597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Bakasura near Bellandur might fit the bill.

Take a look and see if it suits you.
Yep this I checked but it seems that few of the team members who had been there were not impressed with the quality of the food they served. So its relegated as the last option.
Old 18th August 2017, 11:35   #3598
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Bakasur was good when we visited. Apart from that, you have Absolute Barbeque but I am not sure if they will be willing to reserve the place for 70 people since its usually crowded. That too in a weeks advance, I really doubt. Apart from these you will have to look at the regular buffet places which these days have become too common.

Regarding budget, cant the excess amount be self funded? We used to do this since we had restrictions on amount spent per dinner rather than the total amount. Hence, we had to do more events but at a lesser budget. For this, we used to choose a good place, use up company budget and the remaining amount would be self funded. This would work out well when the actual difference would be around 100-200 and instead of compromising on the location, we could enjoy a nice meal. Sometimes, this was the case for liquid items which was not company funded. But now we have a flexible budget and this system is no longer used. We can utilize the entire budget on one meal, or savour dozens of biriyanis

Last edited by audioholic : 18th August 2017 at 11:49.
Old 18th August 2017, 13:11   #3599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Bakasur was good when we visited. Apart from that, you have Absolute Barbeque but I am not sure if they will be willing to reserve the place for 70 people since its usually crowded. That too in a weeks advance, I really doubt. Apart from these you will have to look at the regular buffet places which these days have become too common.

Regarding budget, cant the excess amount be self funded?
Absolute barbeque will not come down to 500 per head I believe. I did find it fine at Bakasur but few of them are slightly apprehensive and hence keeping it as last option.

Regarding budget, many of the people in the team are hesitant to put a single rupee from their pocket. They may have valid reasons so I am not pushing it as well. Hence the strict cap on the price.
Old 21st August 2017, 17:36   #3600
Senior - BHPian

We managed to get Copper kadai in koramangala to provide us buffet at 500 rs per head. Checked with Fisherman's Wharf, sarjapur and they have agreed for 550 rs as their final price. Hope that the senior management agrees!

In the weekend I had been to a place called, "Green Path - Forgotten food" in malleshwaram. This is bang opposite to Mantri mall and adjacent to the IOC petrol bunk. (Do not use gmaps as it leads to a different place). What is unique to this place is that it is vegan buffet and the entire variety of dishes are cooked using millets (the latest fad). I would definitely recommend this for all the health/diet conscious to definitely try this place. As for all others, please do visit once. If not anything you will be surprised to believe that health food can be delicious as well.

Last edited by TorqueyTechie : 21st August 2017 at 17:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks