Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2014, 22:40   #3286
Team-BHP Support

Re: Cake shop in HSR layout

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakri400 View Post
I am looking for a cake shop in or near HSR layout for my kids first birthday. I want someone who is good at eggless cakes and customizable designs. Any suggestions anyone?
French loaf has a few eggless cakes. Else just go to the sweet chariot one day in advance and select your design.

Cakewalk in Kormangala 60 feet road is the most popular but not in HSR road.
Old 17th November 2014, 23:37   #3287
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am looking for a cake shop in or near HSR layout for my kids first birthday. I want someone who is good at eggless cakes and customizable designs. Any suggestions anyone?
You can also check out carnival bakes. Their factory is just after the sobha apartment under agara flyover towards iblur. A little inside from the service lane. Their shop is somewhere on a lane connecting 27th main and the hanuman temple road.

Another option is total mall sarjapur road. Their cakes are actually quite good and they should have eggless options.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 17th November 2014 at 23:43.
Old 19th November 2014, 13:59   #3288
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Thanks for the quick responses Vid and Rajeevraj!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
French loaf has a few eggless cakes. Else just go to the sweet chariot one day in advance and select your design.

Cakewalk in Kormangala 60 feet road is the most popular but not in HSR road.
French Loaf and Sweet Chariot are on my list. I can surely venture into Koramangala for cakewalk, thanks for the suggestion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
You can also check out carnival bakes. Their factory is just after the sobha apartment under agara flyover towards iblur. A little inside from the service lane. Their shop is somewhere on a lane connecting 27th main and the hanuman temple road.

Another option is total mall sarjapur road. Their cakes are actually quite good and they should have eggless options.
I haven't heard about these two before. Thank you, I will check them out.
Old 19th November 2014, 14:20   #3289
Senior - BHPian

Re: Cake shop in HSR layout

Quote:
Not exactly in HSR, but two places near by HSR from where I have ordered egg-less cakes cakes are Amma's pastries at BTM (by far the best - selection, price and quality \ taste wise) and Magic Oven at Singasandra. Hope this helps.

--Anoop
Old 19th November 2014, 18:46   #3290
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Not exactly in HSR, but two places near by HSR from where I have ordered egg-less cakes cakes are Amma's pastries at BTM (by far the best - selection, price and quality \ taste wise) and Magic Oven at Singasandra. Hope this helps.

--Anoop
Ammas is awesome. Regularly get stuff from their tippasandra outlet. Their samosas and puffs are also very good. Did not know they were in btm. Can you point out where exactly?. Do they do home delivery?

Edit: got the info from the website.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 19th November 2014 at 18:48.
Old 20th November 2014, 20:31   #3291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
For good Kolkata (Mughlai) Biriyani with potatos, head to Lazeez in Koramangala or BTM 1st Stage.
The ambience is nothing to speak about. But once you put the food items in your mouth, you would want to forget everything.
Try out the Chicken / Mutton Mughlai Biriyani, Mutton Rezala and Firni here.They are superb.
There is nother Kolkata style fast food center by the name Zeeshan, that is operating in BTM 2nd stage (near lake road CCD).
We binge on the biriyani almost thrice a week. Not to mention, the paratha rolls are too good.

I am hoping that Arsalan soon opens up a branch in Bangalore.
Soumyajit da,

Thanks for the information on the outlets selling mughlai (read bengali / kolkata) style biriyani.

Actually Arsalan has a branch in Bangalore. The location is here. The current name of the restaurant is Aalishan (near Banchcharam Sweets). It used to be called Arsalan, but they have changed the name to Aalishan for some tax related issues I guess. Here also the ambience is nothing much to write about. But the food (both chicken and mutton preparations) is awesome.

Regards,

Samish
Old 2nd December 2014, 17:57   #3292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samish_g View Post
Soumyajit da,

Thanks for the information on the outlets selling mughlai (read bengali / kolkata) style biriyani.
Any reviews on the Zeeshan outlets that have opened up in JP Nagar and BTM? I believe this is a branch of the famous Kolkata chain, and Zomato has fairly decent reviews. Any first hand experiences here?
Edit: Oops, just noticed the post from Soumyajit. Looks like the food is good. Time to head there this week!!

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 2nd December 2014 at 17:59.
Old 4th December 2014, 01:47   #3293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Any reviews on the Zeeshan outlets that have opened up in JP Nagar and BTM? I believe this is a branch of the famous Kolkata chain, and Zomato has fairly decent reviews. Any first hand experiences here?
Edit: Oops, just noticed the post from Soumyajit. Looks like the food is good. Time to head there this week!!
Like you saw, I tasted Zeeshan food at BTM 2nd Stage.
I have tasted their:
- Mughlai Chicken Biriyani
- Paratha Egg Chicken Rolls
- Chicken Tikka kabab

Brings me fond memories of Kolkata street food.

EDIT:: One things to note. The Chicken biriyani (and other cooked stuff) supply to BTM layout outlet comes from JP Nagar kitchen. So incase you find anything out of stock at BTM, don't wait, rather head straight to JP nagar outlet. Once I had to wait for 1 hour at the BTM outlet. The uncle at the counter said that the guy is on his way from JP nagar outlet to BTM with fresh supplies of biriyani. Finally he came after more than 1 hour.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 4th December 2014 at 01:50.
Old 4th December 2014, 12:13   #3294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
EDIT:: One things to note. The Chicken biriyani (and other cooked stuff) supply to BTM layout outlet comes from JP Nagar kitchen. So incase you find anything out of stock at BTM, don't wait, rather head straight to JP nagar outlet. Once I had to wait for 1 hour at the BTM outlet. The uncle at the counter said that the guy is on his way from JP nagar outlet to BTM with fresh supplies of biriyani. Finally he came after more than 1 hour.
Thanks. In fact I live very close to the JP Nagar outlet. Went there earlier this week. Had Tandoori Chicken, and chicken rolls. Both were pretty good. the TC was excellent, fresh and tender, just the right amount of masala, and very succulent. When I used to live in BTM last year, the Lazeez outlet there was my go to place. Looks like Zeeshan is the next comfort food stop for me
Old 5th January 2015, 10:28   #3295
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks to a friend who was visiting and wanted to try out great south indian breakfast places we did a Hat-trick of visits last week:
Day 1:Brahmins Coffee Bar (Awesome Idli, Vada)
Day 2:Taaza Thindi (Amazing Idli, Vada, Dosa, Kesari Baath, smaller serving sizes and VFM)
Day 3:Veena Stores (The best Idli, Vada, Bisibele Baath) + Asha Sweets Food Camp (Dosa, Kesari Baath)

Kept other places like Vidyarthi Bhavan, By 2 Coffee, etc for my friend's next visit.

Last edited by NPV : 5th January 2015 at 10:32.
Old 5th January 2015, 13:23   #3296
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. In fact I live very close to the JP Nagar outlet.
Where exactly in JP Nagar, is Lazeez located? Could you please provide some landmarks.
Old 5th January 2015, 14:16   #3297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Where exactly in JP Nagar, is Lazeez located? Could you please provide some landmarks.
This is in JP Nagar 6th Phase, close to the Nandini Junction at the Puttenahalli underpass. If you are coming towards the underpass from Delmia Circle, take a left above the underpass. YOu will see Nandini hotel on the right as soon as you take this turn. Carry on straight down this road till you cross Baskin Robbins, and Polar Bear ice cream parlours. Immediately after this there is a restaurant called Grills and Rolls, at a junction. Take left at this junction. Go straight down this road for about 200 meters. Zeeshan will be to your left.
Old 5th January 2015, 14:24   #3298
BHPian

Quote:
Immediately after this there is a restaurant called Grills and Rolls, at a junction. Take left at this junction. Go straight down this road for about 200 meters. Zeeshan will be to your left.
Thanks! I stay near brewsky, so let me check this place out.
Old 5th January 2015, 15:01   #3299
BHPian

Quote:
Take left at this junction. Go straight down this road for about 200 meters. Zeeshan will be to your left.
Is this the way to Zeeshan or Lazeez? JMaruru asked for directions to Lazeez.
Old 5th January 2015, 15:12   #3300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
Is this the way to Zeeshan or Lazeez? JMaruru asked for directions to Lazeez.
Sorry my bad. These are directions to Zeeshan in JP Nagar. There is no Lazeez in JP Nagar to my knowledge. The closest Lazeez is in BTM 1st stage, opposite Reliance Fresh.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks