Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2014, 10:47   #3136
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Friends,

Being a foodie, I was lucky to explore never ending eatery options in Bangalore during by 2.5 years stay.

Few of my picks
  • Empire Kormanagala and Empire Indiranagar rocks for Nonveg food. Their combos are worth try along with king size biryani
  • Imperial Hotel Kormanagala for Malabar Cuisine
  • Hunan and Mainland China for Chinese food.
  • Calvin's bakery Kormanagala for Cakes, pastries, sandwitches, burgers and all
  • Waggah Restuarant for Authentic Mughlai, Peshawari food. Mutton Rann we tried there was awesome. Expensive though
  • Oye Amritsar and Anand Sweets Kormangala for North Indian food. People addicted to Bikanerwala or Haldirams should visit Anand sweets in Bangalore as a must
  • Matteos Cafe at MG Road
  • Adigas close to MG Road metro station was my no 1 choice for Dosas
  • Punjab Grill by Jiggs Kalra, opposite Forum mall Kormangala for Punjabi Buffet

Will keep on adding more
Cheers!!
Old 13th June 2014, 15:25   #3137
Senior - BHPian

Friends,

Tomorrow i will be visiting Dickenson road (near Manipal centre) for some work, with my family.

Is there a decent lunch option around that area? Mainly looking at:

1) Reserved parking space.
2) Should have good vegetarian as well as non-veg options as my wife is a veg but i am non veg.
3) Should not be too extravagant (more like Shiv Sagar kind of).
4) North India/ Chinese/ Continental will do.

br

Last edited by DCEite : 13th June 2014 at 15:27.
Old 13th June 2014, 16:20   #3138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Friends,

Tomorrow i will be visiting Dickenson road (near Manipal centre) for some work, with my family.

2) Should have good vegetarian as well as non-veg options as my wife is a veg but i am non veg.

br
Manipal Centre is very close to MG road-Brigade road area and there are lot of eateries in that area.

You can park your vehicle in Utility building (that tall building on MG road).

I generally prefer Chung-Wah. It is value for money and decent place to visit with your family if you are up for some Indo-Chinese food.

Other options are McD, KFC, Pizza Hut etc on Brigade road.

MG road has lot of restaurants, but most of them are a bit expensive, suitable for special occasions.

Just check zomato for restaurants in MG road area.

Rohan
Old 13th June 2014, 16:27   #3139
BHPian

MG Road is expensive but if your place is close to MG Road metro station, you can visit Adigas which is on the main road (better than Shiv Sagar in my opinion)

On Church street, Matteos Cafe, Ameoba, Empire resturant are good options apart from MCD, pizza hut etc mentioned by our friend above.

There is one Lakeview milkbar and few street food options on MG Road next to auto station, worth trying.
Old 13th June 2014, 16:28   #3140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Friends,

br

You can come to Garuda Mall for some eating
options. there is a food court as well.

Other option i can think of is hotel EMMGEE / MG near the MG Road metro station, There is an Adigas near the Trinity Circle Metro station opp HSBC on MG Road, that is also near Manipal center.

For Pricier options - Angeethi on museum road, Mainland China on church street, Empire on church street, also a Bheema's andhra food restaurant on church street, and not to forget coconut grove, three qtr chinese, oye amritsar on church street as well..
Old 13th June 2014, 16:41   #3141
Senior - BHPian

Thanks rohan_iitr and smsrini for suggestions !

Convenience is top most priority as we have a baby with us. So i think will stick to Garuda mall, hopefully parking should be sufficient there.
Old 13th June 2014, 17:38   #3142
Senior - BHPian

People who work in and around Vydehi hospital might be knowing this place- Southern spice, right opposite to BMTC terminus. VFM pricing, good quality food. Service is a big let down. They need to pick up on service.
The egg fried rice is one of the best I have tasted till date.

Last edited by sachinj12 : 13th June 2014 at 17:39.
Old 13th June 2014, 17:59   #3143
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks rohan_iitr and smsrini for suggestions !

Convenience is top most priority as we have a baby with us. So i think will stick to Garuda mall, hopefully parking should be sufficient there.
Next to Manipal Centre there is a building called The Estate. It has Tanishq jewellery store at the front. They have pay and park option. I don't remember if Manipal centre still has pay and park.

There is a Adigas next to Manipal centre if you want something quick.

Other better options:

1. Down dickenson road, towards commercial street there's Tewari brothers. Good chaat items. Chole puri and some other stuff.
2. half km drive towards ulsoor lake there is a Chettinad restaurant Naachiyars. Parking available in one of the lanes around Ulsoor.
3. half km drive before ulsoor lake there's a Goan restaurant Carnival De Goa. Parking available.
4. Bobby Da Dhaba. St. Johns road. Excellent dhaba style food. Parking is dependent on luck but one of the lanes nearby usually has it.

These are your best options near Manipal centre.
Old 13th June 2014, 22:14   #3144
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Vid6639,

Will keep an eye on those options. Chat items at Tiwari seems interesting
Old 20th June 2014, 15:40   #3145
shimshumara

Manipal Center also has Royal Orchids Hotel. There are two restaurants associted with it. Paparazzi, one of the best waterholes and located on the top most floor with a beautiful view of BLR towards Ulsoor Lake. The other one was known as Pinkz and now got renamed as Celebrity... They do serve good buffet.

Old 20th June 2014, 18:16   #3146
BHPian

Any guys near Jayanagar T block?, just returned to India and found a new south style veg joint opened called 'Taaza Thindi' , nice concept where you can see the whole process of batter to bhattaru through open windows . Food was good and when I went it had the limited fare but was clean and tidy.
Old 21st June 2014, 21:20   #3147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
... nice concept where you can see the whole process of batter to bhattaru through open windows ...
If one wants to watch, the whole process is quite visible in any 'Darshini' restaurant (the stand-up ones). Possibly this one is quite neat and wholesome, unlike most of the Darshinis (better not to look than find it off-putting).
Old 7th July 2014, 20:23   #3148
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Saw an "opening soon" signboard for Annapoorani Restaurant outside a building on Indiranagar Double road near ESI Hospital.
I think this will be their third branch after Cambridge Layout (haven't been there in a very long while and not sure if it still exists) & Indiranagar 12th Main.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Cambridge layout closed in lieu of 12th main branch.
Quote:
The one I think NPV referred to is on double road. I saw that board too, last week. The one that closed is near Raka Sports. (Here)

But the new board is on double road. somewhere (Here)

Even I was surprised. Why would they open one more when they have the 12th main branch.

Guys the 12th main outlet is closed now. The new board which NPV mentioned is where they have moved. Its on the double road, before the 6th main signal while coming from CMH road signal. I was there today at the new place. Looks like with the kind hotels, boutiques etc coming up on 100 feet road, 12th main and rest of Indiranagar, they just could afford the place.

Last edited by ampere : 7th July 2014 at 20:28.
Old 8th July 2014, 10:40   #3149
BHPian

There is this show called "Bhojana Priya " on ETV kannada hosted by popular TV personality called as "Sihi Kahi" Chandru . Anyone watching it ? Basically shows a lot of good places around Bangalore to eat . :-)
Old 8th July 2014, 12:06   #3150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
4. Bobby Da Dhaba. St. Johns road. Excellent dhaba style food. Parking is dependent on luck but one of the lanes nearby usually has it.
Rules for visiting Bobby Da Bhaba.

1, Be prepared to meet the owner,a rude Sardarji
2, He will tell you that the approximate waiting time is 30-45 mins, in a rude tone of course.
3, You need to pre-order the food, pay the bill and wait outside.
4, You cannot ask the break-up of the bill.
5, You cannot complain about the quality of the food either.

Waseem.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks