Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2015, 11:58   #3316
BHPian

Re: Windmill Craftworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Planning for a date with wife early next month, for our 5th Anniversary.
Buffet lunch or A la-Carte ? How is the ambience ? More on it please.
Had gone in the evening and opted for a-la Carte. You should know that it is has the features and price of a typical fine dine and in additon to it, has a brewery attached. The ambience in my view is quite clearly the best I have been to among all its peers like ABC, Toit, Vapour etc.

Imagine this: Looks and feels like a library but you can eat and drink there Opt for the a-la-carte and book a table in advance. There are tables for smokers in the balcony as well. Perfect if you ask me.

The typical bill would run into 4k for a couple, that is if you are willing to give their best cocktails a shot. Else, you could easily settle this in 3k.
Old 19th January 2015, 12:24   #3317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Had gone in the evening and opted for a-la Carte. You should know that it is has the features and price of a typical fine dine and in additon to it, has a brewery attached. The ambience in my view is quite clearly the best I have been to among all its peers like ABC, Toit, Vapour etc.

Imagine this: Looks and feels like a library but you can eat and drink there Opt for the a-la-carte and book a table in advance. There are tables for smokers in the balcony as well. Perfect if you ask me.

The typical bill would run into 4k for a couple, that is if you are willing to give their best cocktails a shot. Else, you could easily settle this in 3k.
Thanks man for the info !
Our priorities are a serene place clubbed with a nice buffet spread.
Last time we had been to Leela and it was good till now, if not best.

For the brewery part, I am interested in their beers. Not much of a cocktail guy or gal. 3k sounds good for a couple Fits right in the pocket.

Thanks again for the quick info.
Anything else you would like to recommend ? You know the occasion.
Old 19th January 2015, 15:01   #3318
BHPian

Quote:
For the brewery part, I am interested in their beers. Not much of a cocktail guy or gal. 3k sounds good for a couple Fits right in the pocket.

Thanks again for the quick info.
Anything else you would like to recommend ? You know the occasion.
Something about the ambience -They have seperate floors for a-la-carte and buffet. The buffet is on the terrace (which I did not go). They however do have the house beers available on the terrace as well. I cannot vouch for it, but looking at the setting it simply cannot be bad.

In another suggestions - Le Jardin at The Oberoi. Again superb ambience and good food. Buffet though is specific to days. Its about 4k for a couple and it is recommended you visit during the day to enjoy the setting.

Between the two - I'd say visit Windmills if you like beer but if you are all right without it, Le Jardin on a Saturday Afternoon Lunch is quite good.
Old 19th January 2015, 16:51   #3319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Planning for a date with wife early next month, for our 5th Anniversary.
Buffet lunch or A la-Carte ? How is the ambience ? More on it please.
Its my goto place pretty much every other weekend as it is the only place in town that plays live jazz.

If you do go there, don't miss the german sausage platter, the baked cheesecakes - Fantastic food.

The 4k estimate given by someone else is quite optimistic. I end up easily blowing 5-6k for two people each time.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 19th January 2015 at 16:53.
Old 20th January 2015, 07:33   #3320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Its my goto place pretty much every other weekend as it is the only place in town that plays live jazz.

If you do go there, don't miss the german sausage platter, the baked cheesecakes - Fantastic food.

The 4k estimate given by someone else is quite optimistic. I end up easily blowing 5-6k for two people each time.
Err... 5 - 6k is scary !! Have sent the links of Zomato reviews of the following places, to the missus. Let her pick.

Rim Naam - The Oberoi
Alba - JW Marriott
Le Jardin - The Oberoi
Cubbon Pavilion - ITC Gardenia
The Market - The Ritz-Carlton, Bangalore

All of the above says between 2k to max 4k for a couple. If the bill goes beyond that, I will be thrashed !! Lets see what turns out.
Old 20th January 2015, 09:30   #3321
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Err... 5 - 6k is scary !! Have sent the links of Zomato reviews of the following places, to the missus. Let her pick.

Rim Naam - The Oberoi
Alba - JW Marriott
Le Jardin - The Oberoi
You may want to include Ithaca at the Chancery Pavilion, Residency Road.
Nice place and I think a lot less expensive (cost effective!) than the others on the list

Or even the Cafe Mozaic or other restaurants at Taj Vivanta, MG Road (I guess the Vivantas at Yeshwanthpur and Whitefield also have good restaurants, but I haven't been there)

Last edited by NPV : 20th January 2015 at 09:34.
Old 20th January 2015, 09:36   #3322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Nice place and I think a lot less expensive than the others on the list

Or even the Cafe Mozaic or other restaurants at Taj Vivanta, MG Road (I guess the Vivantas at Yeshwanthpur and Whitefield also have good restaurants, but I haven't been there)
Thanks mate ! This sounds good (in my pocket )
My wife's previous workplace was on St. Marks road and IIRC she had quite a few team lunches at Chancery Pavilion, and she was impressed. Yes, we might go there. Thanks for the lead.
Old 20th January 2015, 09:47   #3323
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Guys,

Interesting discussion on this thread. As a foodie myself, I am looking for some authentic North Indian/Punjabi restaurant around HRBR Layout/Ramamurthy Nagar/Banaswadi Area.
Any recommendations will be highly solicited.
Old 20th January 2015, 11:29   #3324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Rim Naam - The Oberoi
Alba - JW Marriott
Le Jardin - The Oberoi

All of the above says between 2k to max 4k for a couple. If the bill goes beyond that, I will be thrashed !! Lets see what turns out.
All those places, especially Rim Naam & Alba are significantly more expensive than Windmills for sure. Le Jardin, Cubbon Pavilion and The Market are buffet places so should be somewhat reasonably priced.

Windmills should fit into your 4k budget if there's no cover charge for a live band. Else it'll go beyond.

Another reasonably priced option is the Whitefield Marriott M-Cafe. It has excellent buffet (salads & desserts especially) for a very reasonable 1000 bucks a head for lunch (all inc) and slightly more for dinner.

Quote:
Nice place and I think a lot less expensive (cost effective!) than the others on the list

The one in Whitefield is nothing to write home about - Just average. I used to eat there quite often when I worked in ITPL. Its decent for a regular lunch but not meant for special occasions.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 20th January 2015 at 11:33.
Old 20th January 2015, 13:46   #3325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
Guys,

Interesting discussion on this thread. As a foodie myself, I am looking for some authentic North Indian/Punjabi restaurant around HRBR Layout/Ramamurthy Nagar/Banaswadi Area.
Any recommendations will be highly solicited.
I can only think of one place: https://www.zomato.com/bangalore/the-rasoi-banaswadi I've gone there couple of times and every time I walked out I was like "Man why did I have so much"? This is a Vegetarian place with amazing Veg kofta and Dal. Also, try their tandoori stuffed paranthas.

For Non-veg, I haven't come across a decent restaurant in the areas mentioned by you.
Old 20th January 2015, 19:20   #3326
BHPian

Quote:
My wife's previous workplace was on St. Marks road and IIRC she had quite a few team lunches at Chancery Pavilion, and she was impressed. Yes, we might go there. Thanks for the lead.
Why not a Sunday brunch at the Olive Beach off Richmond Road?
Old 20th January 2015, 19:47   #3327
BHPian

Quote:
Go to Windmills - you won't blow over 4k. It all depends on the company. I was so impressed I went there twice already . Bills - 11k for 4 and 9k for 4 again (couples this time). There was no live music, so I am not sure if that attracts a charge. Remember this was not a place to hog the food but enjoy the place and have some really good drinks.

And if even if you do - you will be glad that you did it rather than just another Buffet lunch/dinner.

Last edited by pratyush6 : 20th January 2015 at 19:48.
Old 21st January 2015, 12:01   #3328
BHPian

Quote:
Usually available in the New Thippasandra market due to the large number of folks from god's own country living nearby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
The Kerala veggies are now available at a streetside vendor, opposite a church opened on Bannerghatta Road, just before Royal Meenakshi Mall. He is there on the weekend mornings. We typically buy Koorkha, chembu and so on from him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
Try here. This is couple of streets behind Madivala Ayyappa temple. Serves almost all veg and non Veg Kerala snacks. And this has been running for years. The prices have gone up these days though. We used to get Banana fritters for Rs3 earlier, it has gone upto 8.
Other options are behind the travels offices at Madivala, mainly on 20th Main road. Almost every bakery serves the snacks there.

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/12...a=!4m2!4m1!3e2
Thank you all for your replies!

I recently bought some khoorkha from Lulu mall in Ernakulam after a gap of 10 years and I was hoping to avoid a trip all the way to Kochi.

My in-laws live on the street before Thippasandra market, but I never knew I could get it there. I shall keep my eyes peeled next time I am there.

Thank you glenmz for the snacks place. I shall definitely go there.
Old 21st January 2015, 12:43   #3329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Sorry my bad. These are directions to Zeeshan in JP Nagar. There is no Lazeez in JP Nagar to my knowledge. The closest Lazeez is in BTM 1st stage, opposite Reliance Fresh.
I thought I will try this restaurant at JP Nagar once. I had taken chicken roll, romali roti and a chicken gravy. The taste was very average and nothing spectacular.

For that kinda of ambiance and food stuff, the price that they charge seems steep to me.

Has anyone tried the new Paradise at Indiranagar and Nachiyaar Restaurant at Ulsoor?

Last edited by rki2007 : 21st January 2015 at 12:46. Reason: gramatical
Old 21st January 2015, 13:00   #3330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
I thought I will try this restaurant at JP Nagar once. I had taken chicken roll, romali roti and a chicken gravy. The taste was very average and nothing spectacular.

For that kinda of ambiance and food stuff, the price that they charge seems steep to me.

Has anyone tried the new Paradise at Indiranagar and Nachiyaar Restaurant at Ulsoor?
Taste is definitely not spectacular, but as between Lazeez and this, I feel Zeeshan is a better bet. Lazeez has drastically reduced quantity in recent times.

I have tried Nachiyar- excellent food, though again recently I believe they have had a change of chef and some of my favourite dishes have gone off their menu. Their Kerala Parottas among the best I have found in Bangalore.

Paradise I have tried numerous times in Hyderabad, and I am told the taste at their Bangalore outlet is also very good. However, the price is way higher than the price at which it is sold in Hyderabad (is what I am given to understand from some colleagues who went there recently). Also, they are positioned as a high end(ish) restaurant in Bangalore, unlike their positioning in Hyderabad (which is more of a value for money biryani place).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks