Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2015, 09:20   #3376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
An article in Sunday times on food trucks. Would be interested to know their location.
It is given in the article itself. Quoting: "Check the Facebook pages of the respective food trucks for updates on their locations."

I have seen the Spitfire BBQ truck a couple of occasions in Koramangala. This truck also makes its presence at the Bangalore Vintage Group shows.
Old 18th May 2015, 13:05   #3377
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Visited Olive Beach and had some amazing food there.
1. Smoked Tomato Soup is yumm.
2. Basel pasta was super looking and my taste buds were asking for more.
3. Finally it was our wedding anniversary and hence their vanilla pastry with lots of fresh cut mango, pomegranate and Kiwi was delicious and juicy.

I give this place a 5* rating.
Old 18th May 2015, 15:11   #3378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
An article in Sunday times on food trucks. Would be interested to know their location.
They usually hang around in Indira Nagar and Koramangala, where novelty gets a lot of curious customers.

Yet to find a good one though - there are plenty of bad reports for each one of them. Stale ingredients, flavorless, not VFM, etc. etc. Long way to go. Nothing good will come about till the operators are uncompromisingly quality conscious and consistent. Till then they will be just novelty.
Old 18th May 2015, 15:45   #3379
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
They usually hang around in Indira Nagar and Koramangala, where novelty gets a lot of curious customers.

Yet to find a good one though - there are plenty of bad reports for each one of them. Stale ingredients, flavorless, not VFM, etc. etc. Long way to go. Nothing good will come about till the operators are uncompromisingly quality conscious and consistent. Till then they will be just novelty.
Only the SWAT truck I have seen in Koramangla.

The rest of the trucks are not in Koramangla or Indiranagar cause you simply cannot park there.

The Gypsy kitchen is in HSR road almost permanently.

Hunger chase is in Sahakar Nagar somewhere inside.

Spitfire is in Kamanhalli.

Meals on Wheels is in Frazer town.

Fuel Up is in Manyata tech park.

Location is mostly outskirts where you can park easily and near IT companies.
Old 21st June 2015, 11:25   #3380
BHPian

Some days back, in ToI I read that the food stalls will not be permitted in Mosque road this year during Ramadan. Does anyone have any info on this? Where in Bangalore, I can take my family to enjoy Ramadan special dishes ?
Old 21st June 2015, 18:05   #3381
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Some days back, in ToI I read that the food stalls will not be permitted in Mosque road this year during Ramadan. Does anyone have any info on this? Where in Bangalore, I can take my family to enjoy Ramadan special dishes ?
You get a few dishes ( though not in the scale of Mosque Road ) in Jayanagar 4th block.
Old 21st June 2015, 18:32   #3382
BHPian

There is a set of stalls put up opposite the new mosque in Jayanagar 9th block/Gurappanpalya. The varieties looked good. I have tried the Haleem, Samosa and Harira and all were good.

There are stalls selling camel kabab, pattar ghosh, varieties of chicken dishes. There is also a stall with Kashmiri sharbaths.

Worth a try. Parking again is a pain here.
Old 21st June 2015, 19:38   #3383
Senior - BHPian

There is a road near South End circle also dishing out Ramzan specialities. They were setting up shop at 4pm when I passed through that area today.

https://goo.gl/Y0bIqc
Old 21st June 2015, 19:42   #3384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_elegance View Post
There is a set of stalls put up opposite the new mosque in Jayanagar 9th block/Gurappanpalya. The varieties looked good. I have tried the Haleem, Samosa and Harira and all were good.

There are stalls selling camel kabab, pattar ghosh, varieties of chicken dishes. There is also a stall with Kashmiri sharbaths.

Worth a try. Parking again is a pain here.
Thanks for the tip. I checked in g-maps and found more than 1 mosque in the vicinity. One on Bannerghatta Road, another on Jayanagar 9th block. Any idea till what time these places are open in the night? I guess, If I go around 11-00 PM, I can find a parking spot there.

Last edited by ankan.m.blr : 21st June 2015 at 19:59.
Old 21st June 2015, 20:00   #3385
BHPian

This mosque is on the left after the jayadeva underpass when you are travelling from shoppers stop side towards dairy circle.

Take the 1st left after you come out of the underpass. This mosque is hard to miss and can be seen from a distance.

Yesterday they were all open at 11 PM. I suggest that you go early to enjoy them hot n fresh.
Old 22nd June 2015, 12:20   #3386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There are stalls on Mosque road and MM road as I saw when passing by last night, but not in the scale of last year.
Old 22nd June 2015, 12:45   #3387
BHPian

Quote:
there are some stalls near the Mosque in Koramangala - the same lane where Empire hotel and California Pizza Kitchen are on.
Old 22nd June 2015, 12:54   #3388
Senior - BHPian

Anything closer to sarjapur road / total mall than koramangala is? Especially one that serves good haleem, pathar gosht / camel kabab etc?
Old 22nd June 2015, 13:10   #3389
BHPian

Re: Rahhams-RT Nagar

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
Had been to Rahhams some time ago for their famous Biryani, Went there at 8:30 the Mutton Biryani was already over, only chicken was available so ordered that.

Taste- It was disappointment for me, the biryani was bland, I am not sure if this is a different style of Biryani. The side dish/Sherva was made of tomato and it was a tomato curry. The chicken was also very bland and rubbery.

Quantity - For 210 rupees , the rice and chicken quantity it seemed a little over priced.
Hi had exactly the similar experience with Rahams (old airport road). Famous biryani was over by 9:00 PM . Chicken Kebabs were too hard to chew. In fact all dishes (dal ,chicken masala) were pathetic. The staffs were arrogant too. I was tempted by listening to their repeated ads on radio. Its an utter waste of money,please avoid the place .
Old 25th June 2015, 14:47   #3390
BHPian

Yum Wagon, ST Bed Layout, Koramangala

Chanced across this food truck today as I was walking around in ST Bed Layout, Koramangala. Apparently they opened 3-4 days ago. Menu looks rather pedestrian, but prices seem cheap. I have no idea how the food tastes as I didn't buy anything, but according to the chef their Chinese food is based on the Calcutta style.

A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore-y1.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore-y2.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore-y3.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks