Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2015, 14:53   #3346
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

These are Indian Chinese places. Any other Chinese places worth checking out?
I am frequent at the Beijing Bites in Jeevanvima Nagar (at the junction of Indranagar 80 ft Road, above Torque). My family loves the taste, esp chicken lolly pop, mix chow .
Old 25th March 2015, 14:53   #3347
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My go to Chinese places after 3 very bad experiences at china Pearl are now:

1. Hunan Kormangala - Food is superb and quantity is good too. Price is above average but well worth it.
2. My other usual place is Chung Wah off MG Road, in the residence road cross. The lane which connects residency road and MG road. This is by far the best Chung Wah branch. VFM stuff and good food.

These are Indian Chinese places. Any other Chinese places worth checking out?
For folks in South Bangalore, the Chung Wah at Kathriguppe (BSK 3rd Stage) is a good option. I've eaten at the outlet you mentioned as well, and the taste is consistent across franchises. The best thing about the Residency Road one is I can walk straight to Corner House afterwards for dessert

I like to eat a Beijing Bites once in a while, but honestly it's heavily Indianized spicy food and not to everyone's tastes. Mainland China is Beijing Bites' long-lost brother, the worse one. I didn't like Aromas of China (Richmond Circle branch) at all either. Maybe I'm too nit-picky when it comes to my palette.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 25th March 2015 at 14:54.
Old 25th March 2015, 15:04   #3348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
For folks in South Bangalore, the Chung Wah at Kathriguppe (BSK 3rd Stage) is a good option.
I could vouch for the one in Electronic city. I am regular there and I used to be a regular @ kammanahalli when I used to stay in kasturi nagar.
Old 25th March 2015, 15:25   #3349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post
Can somebody recommend a nice bar where they'll be screening the semifinal match on Thursday?
Is there any particular area that you are looking at?
Old 25th March 2015, 21:34   #3350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojgautham View Post
Is there any particular area that you are looking at?

No particular area. Checked zomato and planning to try out Arbor Brewing Company. It's got good reviews on zomato!
Old 25th March 2015, 22:31   #3351
Senior - BHPian

I guess many would have already seen, heard or had a taste of food available at chat street (Vv puram). This is single stretch of road which has many options available for eating. Place opens at 6 pm and will be open till 12 AM. Attaching few pics of the place here. (hope this is ok. Mods please delete if not).

A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore-img_0639.jpg
A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore-img_0640.jpg
A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore-img_1770.jpg
A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore-img_1771.jpg
A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore-img_1916.jpg

Stay just 2 mins from this place and been a regular almost from the time I can remember and have to say that the taste has diminished while the prices have shot up north! Please go for the experience once if you have not been till now.

Please note:
Only veggie options available though and also it can get really crowded over the weekends so plan for parking though there are options with lot of cross roads.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2015, 17:11   #3352
BHPian

Any reviews of the restaurant at Howard Johnson near Manyata? Planning to go for team dinner there.

Thanks
Suhas
Old 13th April 2015, 22:45   #3353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post

Stay just 2 mins from this place and been a regular almost from the time I can remember and have to say that the taste has diminished while the prices have shot up north! Please go for the experience once if you have not been till now.
Yes, taste has diminished, prices have increased and the place is too unhygienic even for street food standard. One might as well try some street food options near Basavangudi bugle rock park.
Old 14th April 2015, 09:01   #3354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
I guess many would have already seen, heard or had a taste of food available at chat street (Vv puram).

I can remember and have to say that the taste has diminished while the prices have shot up north! Please go for the experience once if you have not been till now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Yes, taste has diminished, prices have increased and the place is too unhygienic even for street food standard. One might as well try some street food options near Basavangudi bugle rock park.
Agree.. Steet food is supposed to be cheap and tasty.. and this place is just not it. It is no where near cheap - had gone with a few friends 2 weeks back and boy, I was taken aback with the prices.

One can go for some experience but I would generally ask people to avoid this.
Old 14th April 2015, 11:39   #3355
Senior - BHPian

For 'Indian' Chinese, I recommend this place in Indiranagar. This one is on Jeevan Bima Nagar Main Road, just ahead of Torque by 500ish meters.

'Tis that sort of place that college students typically frequent. Excellent food, though hygiene could be a LOT better.

I'll rate the food as 5 star grade (okay- make that 4.5. Some would even say 3 or 3.5- I *quite* agree. This place can improve a lot)- and the hygiene as 2.5. For a foodie- ah, this place is lovely. Have been frequenting this place for quite a while.

Links :

A] https://plus.google.com/113468096758...ut?gl=in&hl=en

B] Zomato. Got a 3 1/2 start rating. (https://www.zomato.com/bangalore/spi...an-bhima-nagar)

Last edited by FINTAIL : 14th April 2015 at 11:41.
Old 16th April 2015, 19:13   #3356
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any other Chinese places worth checking out?
@vid, after a recent experience, I would now add Wanley - excellent Indian chinese food (tried only the vegetarian stuff) at very VFM prices. The place is not very fancy but is decent and food is great. This is on the Krishna Temple Road Indiranagar, parallel to CMH Road.
Try the Veg. Steamed Rice, it's really good and the Veg. soups are excellent too.
Old 16th April 2015, 19:26   #3357
Team-BHP Support

Found a new Pizzeria! Place is called Onesta in Kormangala.

Was driving past this place last 2 weekends and was seeing a crow outside. Decided to try it out one day.

Pizzas are 6" small ones only. Plenty of option available. You can select the crust as well. Dough is freshly rolled so it takes 15-20mins for the Pizza after placing your order. Loved the pizzas. Each one is around 100-150 bucks, reasonable.

Expect waiting on weekends.

Location: Same road as Hole in the wall cafe. Those of you familiar with Kormangala, it's next to Ibaaco and opposite Cakewalk.
Old 17th April 2015, 23:27   #3358
Senior - BHPian

Today went with to Black Pearl restaurant in Koramangala for team lunch! It is a pirate theme styled BBQ restaurant.

Being a vegetarian I am always apprehensive when going to any BBQ restaurants as generally there will be just couple of starters and the main course would be not so good. But I was surprised at this restaurant.
Vegetarian starters were more and also they had 4-5 varieties of them in grill. The spread is equally good for non vegetarians as well with 4 varieties of starters and and few on the grill as well.

Buffet was again good with all the vegetarian options tasting good ( I esp liked the Kashmiri kofta curry). There was a Pineapple salad which was the one most of us liked.

Deserts were good too esp the kheer in the matka. The price is around 600 but it might be the weekend prices. I am not sure if they have different rates for weekdays.

All in all a good place to visit either with team or with family.

Here is my rating.

Decor : 4/5
Service : 4/5
Food : 4.5/5
Menu : 4/5

Valet parking is available for cars but 2 wheelers needs to be parked in the designated slots on the street.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2015, 21:32   #3359
BHPian

Re: Gun Powder?

Does any of the andhra restaurants in b'lore provide 'gun powder' a.k.a 'parappu pudi' for take out? I mean, like we need a KG of 'gun powder' as take out.
Old 10th May 2015, 10:05   #3360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Does any of the andhra restaurants in b'lore provide 'gun powder' a.k.a 'parappu pudi' for take out? I mean, like we need a KG of 'gun powder' as take out.

Hi, used to love the Andhra food served at the Amaravati restaurant just off the MG Road Brigade Road junction. For me one of the reasons for going there was of course the 'gun powder' mentioned by you. Looks like they have closed this one. Pl try Nandinis or Bheemas as they serve Andhra cuisine. I bought gun powder from Amaravati restaurant in Chennai located Opp Music Academy..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks