Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2013, 12:44   #2656
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojgautham View Post
Can anyone suggest a good place for lunch at Electronic city phase 1. Looking for good non-veg value for money and hygienic fare. Our office moved to EC recently and I do not know any restaurants around this place.
Try the Punjabi Tadka which is opposite Wipro (EC Phase1). It is next to Ladoos and serves all variety of dishes. The food is good but the place gets packed to the hilt so be prepared to wait or plan for an early lunch like 12noon or so.
Old 28th March 2013, 13:05   #2657
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
The place is good and the thali too is quite ok-that is ofcourse if you can live with the soda-fied rice that all the Andhra restaurants serve!
The soda-fied rice is the reason why I don't like these places so the Andhra meal is generally a no-no, better to order a-la-carte so options reduce somewhat since you don't wanna eat chinese/north indian food at an Andhra style restaurant
Old 28th March 2013, 16:44   #2658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
People passing through Koramangala, stop and try Hunan, opposite Empire on the main road near JNC. Hunan is first class. A bit expensive though.
Had been to Hunan on New BEL Road on Sunday. The place is really good. Slightly expensive but well worth it.
Old 28th March 2013, 18:21   #2659
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post

Had been to Hunan on New BEL Road on Sunday. The place is really good. Slightly expensive but well worth it.
I understand that the BEL Road one was their first. The Koramangala one is the second. Their food's first class.
Old 31st March 2013, 11:52   #2660
BHPian

Had been to couple of restaurants ( tamilnadu cuisine)

1. Arusuvai Madhuram,HSR Layout, Bangalore
http://www.arusuvaiarasu.com/index.html

Pure Vegetarian restaurant run by Arusuvai Natarajan family ( very famous in Marriage catering services in Chennai ).

Ambience - 2/5 ( Similar to marriage reception halls )
Food - 4/5 ( Typical marriage meals )
Service - 4/5
Value - 3/5 ( Over-priced for the food & ambience )

2. Hotel Junior Kuppanna, Koramangala, 60ft Road, Opp to Nandana Grand
Specialized in Non-Veg & Veg items ( kothu parotta, Parotta, Dosai)

Ambience - 4/5
Food - 5/5
Service - 4/5 ( most of the waiters know only tamil )
Value - 4/5

A must visit place for people who like tamilnadu cuisine. Went there for dinner and will be visiting soon for lunch
Old 31st March 2013, 19:10   #2661
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull76 View Post
... for people who like tamilnadu cuisine ...
Where in (North / West) Bangalore can one get Sambhar with the typical Chennai taste? Even A2B is bad - they have sweetened their sambhar like the Darshinis (just to compete, I guess).

The only place I found with authentic 'Madras' sambhar was surprisingly The Higher Taste in ISKCON. Even the drumsticks were cooked just right (not mushy, but firm and green).
Old 31st March 2013, 23:25   #2662
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Where in (North / West) Bangalore can one get Sambhar with the typical Chennai taste? Even A2B is bad - they have sweetened their sambhar like the Darshinis (just to compete, I guess).

The only place I found with authentic 'Madras' sambhar was surprisingly The Higher Taste in ISKCON. Even the drumsticks were cooked just right (not mushy, but firm and green).
If you drop the North/West Bangalore requirement and move Eastwards, you may have some options

Krishna Kafe in Koramangala was good and had that 'Madras' taste, haven't been there in a while.
One more place where you can possibly experience it is Murugan Idly Shop (they also run Andal Mess in same building) on 80 feet Road near 12th Main.

Last edited by NPV : 31st March 2013 at 23:26.
Old 1st April 2013, 15:14   #2663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
Thank you . Yes, I have had there, it is awesome. I went there last month, the place was closed and looked deserted. So thought he must have shifted.
They are open only for lunch. Contact is 98451 49217. Location is first left while going from Banashankari bus stand towards Silkboard.
Old 1st April 2013, 17:10   #2664
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
Team,

Can anyone suggest a nice chicken biryani place in and around BTM layout, Bangalore?

thank you.
Yo yo, I am a BTMian. Below are trusted Chicken Biryani places in BTM Layout. I have personally had Biryani these places and they were good.

1. Spice King - On 80ft Main Road, near BTM Water Tank.
2. Hyderabad Gateway - At Swadishtha Ahar junction, above Spiritz and More shop.
3. Mirch Masala - Check out their Chicken Tikka Biryani (one of my favourites) - Above Sweet Chariot, near Swadishtha Ahar junction.
4. Birinz - Towards 7th Main road, a little ahead of Mirch Masala.
Old 1st April 2013, 17:20   #2665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post

There is this place called Mallige Idly off Magadi Road, these guys supply to canteens and sell Sambar by weight They make this pretty good, however , try this out and let me know if this has the Chennai flavour
The address is Mallige Idly Food Factory # 1204, 1st A main, M.C Layout, Vijayanagar Tel: 23504466
Old 1st April 2013, 22:15   #2666
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gops2009 View Post
... The address is Mallige Idly Food Factory # 1204, 1st A main, M.C Layout, Vijayanagar Tel: 23504466
I know this joint - our usual 'too many people to cook for today' fall back option ever since it opened!!! No, their sambhar - though it is different (salty, not sweet) from the usual Bangalore sambhar - is nowhere close to the Madras stuff.
Old 1st April 2013, 22:35   #2667
BHPian

Tried Benito's in kammnahalli last week. Love the warm ambiance & the food is great too.

Its opposite Jalvayu vihar. The restaurant previously there was called casa picola i think.

We tried pizza, sandwich, sizzler and few smoothies. The bill came to 300rs per head.
Old 1st April 2013, 22:45   #2668
BHPian

Well for me it was different as far as Sambhar goes... After years of saying "NO sambhar and DOUBLE helping of chutney please" at Chennai it was nice to say "sambhar AND chutney" please at Bangalore Lest it spark another fierce debate , the food I love most is Andhra food, which I was first introduced to at "Bheemas" in Church street and the famous Bangalore Sambhar at the darshini on the same street almost opposte Bheemas!
Old 2nd April 2013, 16:01   #2669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Tried Benito's in kammnahalli last week. Love the warm ambiance & the food is great too.

Its opposite Jalvayu vihar. The restaurant previously there was called casa picola i think.

We tried pizza, sandwich, sizzler and few smoothies. The bill came to 300rs per head.
Didn't even know that Casa Picola had gone from there . Will check this place out soon.

Last edited by Hells_Fury : 2nd April 2013 at 16:31.
Old 2nd April 2013, 16:15   #2670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Yo yo, I am a BTMian. Below are trusted Chicken Biryani places in BTM Layout. I have personally had Biryani these places and they were good.

1. Spice King - On 80ft Main Road, near BTM Water Tank.
2. Hyderabad Gateway - At Swadishtha Ahar junction, above Spiritz and More shop.
3. Mirch Masala - Check out their Chicken Tikka Biryani (one of my favourites) - Above Sweet Chariot, near Swadishtha Ahar junction.
4. Birinz - Towards 7th Main road, a little ahead of Mirch Masala.
@Soumyajit9: thanks a ton .
Yes, option 2 is good. Yet to try the rest.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks