Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2010, 15:21   #1141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
Where is this place(Kadamba) ?
Kadamba restaurant inside Manipal Centre on Dickenson Road.
Old 28th April 2010, 15:50   #1142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh K R View Post
... Have heard the food is good in Guha, but is it a very expensive place ? ...
Reasonably expensive, comparatively. Starters + main course (NV) - ~400 per head. The Isys restaurant in the same place (President Hotel) is far better, even though they share the same kitchen.

3 other veg places in the vicinity in Jayanagar:
1. Krishi - a relatively new veg only restaurant - 1st floor of Shopping Complex
2. Anna Bramha - down the HSBC ATM lane in 3rd Block. Nice unusual set meal (Shreshti cuisine) that changes everyday, but dull drab interiors
3. Maiya's - somewhere in Jayanagar 4th block, nothing distinctive other than a decent meal on a (possibly) silver plate. Wouldn't trust their 'authentic North Indian cuisine'
Old 28th April 2010, 15:52   #1143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
They have branches in Mahalaxmipuram and Vijaynagar.
Old 28th April 2010, 16:00   #1144
BHPian

Any good mallu eateries (mess/thattukada/hotels) in Bangalore East?
Old 28th April 2010, 16:09   #1145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
Ahh... thanks. I had been dickenson road place many times(around a decade back, and off late never visited)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
There is a new one called Subz in the cosmopolitan club premises. (Amoeba, 3Q Chinese premises)
The lunch buffet is pretty decent. its veg only and costs around 160 per head for a lunch buffet.
Old 28th April 2010, 16:24   #1146
BHPian

Quote:
Reasonably expensive, comparatively. Starters + main course (NV) - ~400 per head. The Isys restaurant in the same place (President Hotel) is far better, even though they share the same kitchen.

1. Krishi - a relatively new veg only restaurant - 1st floor of Shopping Complex
2. Anna Bramha - down the HSBC ATM lane in 3rd Block. Nice unusual set meal (Shreshti cuisine) that changes everyday, but dull drab interiors
3. Maiya's - somewhere in Jayanagar 4th block, nothing distinctive other than a decent meal on a (possibly) silver plate. Wouldn't trust their 'authentic North Indian cuisine'
Thanx !! Will have to reserve Guha restaurant for some really special occasion !!

1)Have already been to Anna brahma.
2)Am yet to go to Maiya's, but somehow have been put off by the huge crowds and the waiting periods.
3) Have to try 'Krishi'. 'Banjaara' restaurant is somewhere in the 1st floor / 2nd floor of the Jayanagar shopping complex isn't it ?
Old 28th April 2010, 16:51   #1147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Try In swing(a cricket theme hotel) opposite Banshankari BDA complex, Above Orerhaul shop.
It's a small place, but serves some good veg food. Very VFM.
Sushrutha --> Inswing was in the ground floor & 1st, 4 years back. It was a buzzing place earlier especially because of the Hostel guys coming over for dinner. (KIMS hostel i suppose). Now u have it only in the first floor and is no more that good.

If ppl do go there try the following:
1. Plate of Onion and Capsicum rings
2. Aloo parota
3. Paneer Rhabdi (Speciality)

=============================
On Friday night, Had special dinner at Maiyya's 3rd floor. Its a Silver plate dinner with 37 items in the offering. Its unlimited and costs 350 bucks. Its all malnad and south indian food. Can try once.

============================
Had buffet on saturday night at Cafe Masala in Eva Mall Brigade road. The starters are served on the table (unlimited) and then can go for the buffet. It is 440 bucks per person and is worth it if u make good use of the Kababs initially!

-===========================
Tried Banjara on Cunnigham road. It was a buffet for 200 odd. It was decent. Nothing great.

============================

There is a small chinese hotel in the first floor on Miller's road infront of one of the software campuses.(torry Harris, i suppose).
The Dumplings (momo) are amazing there. It has just 4 tables. But chinese food is super.

Last edited by pramod : 28th April 2010 at 17:03.
Old 28th April 2010, 19:20   #1148
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Try In swing(a cricket theme hotel) opposite Banshankari BDA complex, Above Orerhaul shop.
It's a small place, but serves some good veg food. Very VFM.

Same place Opposite to the temple there was one more MTR (Modern Tiffin Room). They served some excellent Masala Dosa & Maddur vade. But the place has been demolished now.

Yep Vidhyarthi Bhavan is losing it's charm.

Edit - Found a pic of MTR(Modern Tiffin Room )
source anushsh: Modern Tiffin Room
Yes. I have seen this restaurant. Sad that its gone now. I hope MLTR does not suffer the same fate, thanks to the realty demand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Thats not MTR

MTR = Mavalli Tiffin Rooms. Its mentioned in the previous posts too.
The last time I was there was during the screening of the movie 'Lage Raho Munnabhai' in Urvashi, 2006 end or so. I typically hate the queue and the huge crowds.

Quote:
@Sushrutha : Have seen 'In Swing' as i stay very close and it does not seem very big. Have to try this sometime.

@ MCR : Have heard the Dosa is very good at the Gandhibazaar 'MLTR'
I am a fan of thier 'open dosa'. I take it with lot of Chutney, followed by piping hot coffee.

Quote:

I Think Anna Brahma is near the 'electronics' shop on the HSBC ATM road.

Also, I had been to Woody's once, but after the construction in front of the hotel started, the hotel completely disappeared out of my mind.
Earlier there was a garden with tables at the place of 'construction'.

Has anybody visited 'Nammura Hotel' in Malleswaram? If yes, How's the place?

Last edited by MCR : 28th April 2010 at 19:22.
Old 28th April 2010, 19:46   #1149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
I hope you did not mean "Halli Mane".

BTW, Malleshwaram has many popular and historic eateries. Some of them are: Janata Hotel (Uddina Vada/Sambar, Masala Dosa), Veena Stores (Everything!), Raghavendra Tiffin Center ?? (Out side Malleshwaram Railway station, Opp. Manipal North Side hospital; everything!). As far as "Halli Mane" is concerned, I do not like this place personally as it is all hype and less substance! always crowded.

Last edited by whitesquall : 28th April 2010 at 19:56.
Old 29th April 2010, 10:37   #1150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramod View Post
. Its all malnad and south indian food. Can try once.
Malnad food sounds interesting. I have to try Maiyya's buffet then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Nammura Hotel is in JP Nagar. It's famous for selling dishes in KGs.
Halli Mane is in Malleshwaram.

Has anyone tried SUGGI in Basaweshwarnagar ?
Seems one can get MALNAD cuisines here(particularly Chikmagalur dishes).
Saw a review in TOI last sunday's edition.
Old 29th April 2010, 11:10   #1151
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Quote:
Now, Kadambam, the authentic Iyengar cuisine restaurant is located at Bull Temple Road only. Earlier, they had their branches at Manipal Centre, Jayanagar and Rajajinagar and they have closed these three branches, according to their website. However, they have their another outlet at Bangalore - Mysore State Highway at Channapatna. I have tasted their excellent preparation at their erstwhile branches at Jayanagar and Modi Hospital Road and their present outlets at Bull Temple Road and Bangalore - Mysore State Highway. Please visit their websie for more details:

::Kadambam::

A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore-kadambam.jpg

However, Kadambam is different from Kadamba, the latter has branches in Modi Hospital Road, Basaveshwaranagar [very same location where Kadambam was located earlier]/Vijayanagar/Shanthinagar Bus Station.

Old 29th April 2010, 11:16   #1152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hope you did not mean "Halli Mane".

BTW, Malleshwaram has many popular and historic eateries. Some of them are: Janata Hotel (Uddina Vada/Sambar, Masala Dosa), Veena Stores (Everything!), Raghavendra Tiffin Center ?? (Out side Malleshwaram Railway station, Opp. Manipal North Side hospital; everything!). As far as "Halli Mane" is concerned, I do not like this place personally as it is all hype and less substance! always crowded.
You forgot CTR (Central Tiffin Room) next to Malleshwaram playground. It goes by the name of Shri Sagar now. Kaali dosas are just lovely over here.

@ Ravi, I have been to the Kadambam at Bull Temple road earlier. But, I think it has been closed down recently. The last few times I traveled on BT road, I saw that it was closed.

Last edited by addyhemmige : 29th April 2010 at 11:19.
Old 29th April 2010, 11:39   #1153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Now, Kadambam, the authentic Iyengar cuisine restaurant is located at Bull Temple Road only. Earlier, they had their branches at Manipal Centre, Jayanagar and Rajajinagar and they have closed these three branches, according to their website. However, they have their another outlet at Bangalore - Mysore State Highway at Channapatna. I have tasted their excellent preparation at their erstwhile branches at Jayanagar and Modi Hospital Road and their present outlets at Bull Temple Road and Bangalore - Mysore State Highway. Please visit their websie for more details:

::Kadambam::

Attachment 339849

However, Kadambam is different from Kadamba, the latter has branches in Modi Hospital Road, Basaveshwaranagar [very same location where Kadambam was located earlier]/Vijayanagar/Shanthinagar Bus Station.
Are u referring to the Kadambam restuarant opp to BSNL office in Bull temple road ? This no longer exists and the place has been taken over by a Cafe Coffee Day outlet as of now.
Old 29th April 2010, 11:45   #1154
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
@ Ravi, I have been to the Kadambam at Bull Temple road earlier. But, I think it has been closed down recently. The last few times I traveled on BT road, I saw that it was closed.
Quote:
Are u referring to the Kadambam restuarant opp to BSNL office in Bull temple road ? This no longer exists and the place has been taken over by a Cafe Coffee Day outlet as of now.
I visited this place in 2009. I do not know, why Kadambam has not updated their website! Sorry for the wrong information.

Old 29th April 2010, 15:56   #1155
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Swiss food?

Folks,

Is there any restaurant in Bangalore which serves Swiss food? I'm looking for Cheese Fondue and Raclette in particular.

Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks