Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2010, 13:22   #1246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
...Its better you stay off it, or just buy one small one to get rid of your doubt.
thanks hemanth, will brave it though, with eyes closed
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
.... I avoid all freshwater fishes as I am not sure what kind of (polluted?) water they have been grown in. It might have high amount of toxic contents.....
And i thought seafish is more toxic than freshwater variety, since the freshwater fish you buy at your neighbourhood fish stall is most probably captive farmed in ponds.

Seafish has higher mercury and other toxic levels.

Iam used to seafish till now, and iam exploring the freshwater varieties due to the above concern.

Ofcourse, seafish has higher nutritional value due to higher healty essential oil and omega-3 fatty acid contents.
Old 30th June 2010, 14:04   #1247
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Ofcourse, seafish has higher nutritional value due to higher healty essential oil and omega-3 fatty acid contents.
Most of the folks from Coastal belts will not touch freshwater fish (big exception: Bengalis).

Somehow the seawater fish taste much better. Maybe due to the fact that they come pre-salted.
Old 30th June 2010, 14:09   #1248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
And i thought seafish is more toxic than freshwater variety, since the freshwater fish you buy at your neighbourhood fish stall is most probably captive farmed in ponds.

Seafish has higher mercury and other toxic levels.
What I meant was the amounts of pesticides and artificial agents that the fish are exposed to. Mercury levels ... hmmmm.
Old 30th June 2010, 14:11   #1249
Senior - BHPian

Can any Bhpians suggest some good places in Bangalore for South Indian food? Any Madrasi restaurants (with auth. Madrasi food) would be really great as I really dont like Karnataka style food that much!!! (they make very strange sambhar here - its kind of sweet!!! really hate the sambhar here). I was in Chennai once (10 years back) and absolutely loved the food there!

Also any recommendations for north indian food places? Please also mention the area information as I have very recently relocated to bangalore and am new to most places here. I am put up near Marathalli (on the Outer Ring Road).
Old 30th June 2010, 14:20   #1250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
...I really dont like Karnataka style food that much!!! (they make very strange sambhar here - its kind of sweet....
My grouse too. But then its nice to have variety.

Anyway, if you want true-blue madrasi food, try any of the veg-only Adyar Anand Bhavans for their tiffins (with yum varieties of chutney and sambar).

If you like to sink you teeth into meat, then Annachi (indiranagar 100 ft rd), Anjappar (koramangala, next to sony world signal) and Ponnysamy (residency road?) would do.. google for their addresses and landmarks.

Last edited by WindRide : 30th June 2010 at 14:21.
Old 30th June 2010, 15:04   #1251
BHPian

Quote:
Can any Bhpians suggest some good places in Bangalore for South Indian food? Any Madrasi restaurants (with auth. Madrasi food) would be really great as I really dont like Karnataka style food that much!!! (they make very strange sambhar here - its kind of sweet!!! really hate the sambhar here). I was in Chennai once (10 years back) and absolutely loved the food there!
if you are veggie, then there 2 good places for you. Krishna Cafe in Koramangala and Annapoorna in Cambridge Layout, Ulsoor.
Old 30th June 2010, 15:13   #1252
BHPian

Quote:
Also any recommendations for north indian food places? Please also mention the area information as I have very recently relocated to bangalore and am new to most places here. I am put up near Marathalli (on the Outer Ring Road).
For North indian food near Marathahalli, try "Roomali with a view" on ORR opposite to Innovative Multiplex. The quality has been decreasing a bit recently though, so I'm not sure how it is now.
Old 30th June 2010, 15:15   #1253
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
For North indian food near Marathahalli, try "Roomali with a view"
I had suggested the same to a member here and this is what he had to say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0ligaN View Post
I went to a place called Roomali with a view (is it the same place?), opposite Multiplex for a colleague's birthday treat. The food was ok, ambience ok. But the cleanliness not so good. The dishes were not washed properly. The soup bowls all had some sort of dusty spots in them, so I called the manager and asked him to have it cleaned. He plainly pointed to the saucer and said, use that for your soup :P
Sorry Hooligan
Old 30th June 2010, 16:03   #1254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I had suggested the same to a member here and this is what he had to say:

Sorry Hooligan
Oops. I take back my recommendation then .
I think you can try Dhaba which is on ORR on the way from Marathahalli to KR Puram. The food is great and the ambience is very good too.
Can't say the same about their sister restaurant Malgudi, which i visited around 3 times and wasn't satisfied with the food or the service any time.
Old 30th June 2010, 16:34   #1255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dude, what else can you expect when you are in Bangalore. 'Karnataka style food' maybe strange to you, but it is the staple for people like me living here. If you do not like it, it is your choice and I respect your decision but please don't call it strange or anything. It is not fair.
Old 30th June 2010, 16:41   #1256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
I think you can try Dhaba which is on ORR on the way from Marathahalli to KR Puram. The food is great and the ambience is very good too.
How about Golkonda Chimney and Spice Garden? They are on the way to Kundalahalli signal. I had been there some 3 years back, and food was good then.
Old 30th June 2010, 16:44   #1257
BHPian

Quote:
How about Golkonda Chimney and Spice Garden? They are on the way to Kundalahalli signal. I had been there some 3 years back, and food was good then.
I'm not sure but I think Golkonda Chimney is closed for renovation now. They are only accepting home delivery orders, the last time i checked.
Old 30th June 2010, 16:46   #1258
BANNED

Quote:
Spice Garden?
They have lost it. They are horrible now. Not recommended at all. Stay away.
Old 30th June 2010, 16:54   #1259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Dude, what else can you expect when you are in Bangalore. 'Karnataka style food' maybe strange to you, but it is the staple for people like me living here. If you do not like it, it is your choice and I respect your decision but please don't call it strange or anything. It is not fair.
1+

Comments on "Karnataka Style Food" looks like abusive to local people. Comments are made in bad taste to Insult people of one province and praise other.
Old 30th June 2010, 17:10   #1260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
1+

Comments on "Karnataka Style Food" looks like abusive to local people. Comments are made in bad taste to Insult people of one province and praise other.
The term 'Madrasi' doesn't seem fit here. IMO, "X Style food" doesn't seem offensive. Come on, even restaurants offer food based on styles.

Last edited by DRIV3R : 30th June 2010 at 17:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks