Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/3474-guide-eating-out-bangalore-14.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 725095)
In a lane opposite JNC. Now if you have to ask where JNC is... ;)

The Chancery, well the one that has Amnesia, is opposite the Bangalore Club and Hot Tracks.

Well v1p3r ...that poor soul might not have been doing the rounds around JNC and hence he could not figure out Purple Haze and to me koramangala one is fine and okay.

@govigov : v1p3r is referring to Jyothi Nivas College and apparently you should figure out why he mentioned lol:.

@vj, very much. i know empire, paramount, desmonds, the bajaj workshop and the CCD, next to the JNC, but not the purple haze.

just take the left of JNC and about 200meters or so you will have purple haze on the right side..

guys! i just got to looking through this thread now and i noticed that no one has mentioned this out of the way joint in Frazer Town by the name of "Richies" .. its got the best mutton biriyani and lamb chops EVER .. its on Mosque Road in Frazer town .. at the intersection before the small bridge opposite the mosque take a left and go down the road till you come to a building a few storeys high with glass on the outside .. its right opposite a bus stop and a bata showroom .. whenever any friend goes to Bangalore i try and make sure they visit this place .. the non-veg there is great .. hope you guys like it ..

Ok fellow foodies. I need help... desperately.

Please let me know if you know of anyone who provides tiffin service near the Meenakshi Temple, Bannerghatta road area!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 724133)
Nobody has gone to the Hard Rock Cafe on St. Marks Road?

Lovely place but the food is super pricey.

Yup, I have.
Best part is that there is no cover and stags are allowed!
Also, there is a good crowd on most days.
A bit pricey though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 724171)
Styx is dead.

why?? what happened? Is it closed down or has the DJ moved?

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitoj (Post 726734)
why?? what happened? Is it closed down or has the DJ moved?

As in no one goes there anymore I think. Their DJs used to be different peeps on different days anyway. They were supposed to revamp, dunno what happened.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 726750)
As in no one goes there anymore I think. Their DJs used to be different peeps on different days anyway. They were supposed to revamp, dunno what happened.

Hmmm. That explains the weird crowd i saw there the last time i went. The crowd was more "Restaurant and Bar" types than "Pub" type. Well, i guess i will have to go there once more before i completely strike it off.

If you're going, call me. Long time since I've been to Styx, like 5 years. I wonder if Basha is still around.

Newest rave review: Mugen, 100 ft Rd, Indiranagar. Great food, great service, very quick too. Sat down, ordered a starter, 3 dishes for the main course, ate, paid, and left inside 20 minutes. Not too cheap, but worth it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 730088)
Newest rave review: Mugen, 100 ft Rd, Indiranagar. Great food, great service, very quick too. Sat down, ordered a starter, 3 dishes for the main course, ate, paid, and left inside 20 minutes. Not too cheap, but worth it.

Damn!! Thats real 'fast' food.. All done in 20 mins!

Everytime I check this thread,I find so many new names popping up. Be it pubs or restaurants. 6 years since I moved out of B'lore,4 trips back home. Everytime something new springs up in place of the ones known to me.
In the 90s, the ones I used to visit with my family- Khyber,Mezbaan,Karavali,Ceasars, MTR, Indiana,Peacock, and a whole lot more.
Guzzlers, NASA,Night Watchman,Purple haze ruled the pup scene.

Ah well,bring backs memories of the best days of my life.

Cheers..
cheers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 730088)

This reminds me of Via Milano in Koramangala where if you are opting for a three course meal, getting out in less than 3 hours is a challenge. The food is good and the decor is chic.

v1p3r

Can you guide me where Mugen is on 100 ft rd. Have been on that rd a couple of times, but couldnt locate it. Any landmarks ?

If you go down 100 ft Rd from Airport Road, Mugen is on your right side, on the first floor of a building. It shares the building with Indigo Nation and Urban Yoga. It's before 12th Main etc, so keep your eyes peeled after the Vodafone store.

i wish we could split this into pubs and restaurants :-)

I often go to Karavali inside the Gateway hotel on residency road. Good South Indian seafood place. Another place I frequent is Royal Afghan in Windsor (good pool side place and nice lamb menu). As you can guess I am into seafood and lamb.

Can anyone tell me a place for "really good" Mediterranean food in B'lore? Has anyone heard of a restaurant called Lemon Tree in Bangalore?