Team-BHP - A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   A Guide: Eating out in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/3474-guide-eating-out-bangalore-4.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat
:OT eight years ago, we ordered a sofa from a spaced out bengali /thai couple who had big dreams and duff salesment.....to cut a long story short, they disappeared and reappeared with the sofa three months late.

A month down the road - Cosmo village opens - we find the duff salesment are the waiters - plenty of great food on the menu but havoc!!! The folks on the table next to us arrived 30min before us were served 30 min after us.

They had to close and reopened on a smaller scale (the couple split up!!!)

incidentally...the same split up couple owns and runs 'taika' now...

Sorry for bumping this thread but need suggestions for good places to eat here.

There are too many places now.

Please help. thanks.

Does the dhaba opposite"ish" Intel on outer ring road still exist? It was called EDEN huts. Good food at cheap price.

Any update about the 11:30 Pm deadline !! have they extended the timings ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 447108)
Does the dhaba opposite"ish" Intel on outer ring road still exist? It was called EDEN huts. Good food at cheap price.

Yup the dhaba still exists at marathahalli near the innovative multiplex. there also 3 more branches of that. one in the city I forgot where and one at HSR layout.

Anyone know about "the village" at indiranagar?

The best non-pretentious Japanese food I've eaten in india is at Harima. This is in the same bldg as Cafe Del Sol. I don't know where that is.

What is most amazing about this restaurant is it's very real prices. I find it best to order a tekka maki at any japanese restaurant, this gives me a clear indication of the price level and the freshness of the tuna. The Unagi is nice, and the sashimi cut right, assuming your not squeamish.

For the ones that like their food fried, I thought the prawn tempura was nice, but then there's only so much you can do with tempura.

The food was inexpensive and fresh. The soya sauce is light and nice, the wasabi potent, just the way I like it. Out of the 3 times I ate there, the pink ginger was not fresh. But this happened only once.

The Sake is nice (only tried it warm) and i like both the ice creams, green tea and wasabi flavoured vanilla.

Expect to spend about 1000 per head. PM me if you need help .

Harima is in Devatha Plaza (Residency Road / Cash Pharmacy junction). There's another Japanese place on church street (Dahlia) - never tried it though.

There's a fantastic Korean place in Koramangala called Soo Ra Sang. It's right next to Imperial. Especially recommended for carnivores - really nice BBQ.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 447146)
Anyone know about "the village" at indiranagar?

Used to like the food when they've started but I donno if I can say the same now, it's ok but not the same.. BTW they have opened another village near Innovative..

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 447146)
Yup the dhaba still exists at marathahalli near the innovative multiplex. there also 3 more branches of that. one in the city I forgot where and one at HSR layout.

Are you referring to a place which isnt very savvy as such,OR is it some restaurant called 'The Dhaba' ? I remember seeing one on the ORR, but wasnt sure if the food would be good, so never tried it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 447176)
The best non-pretentious Japanese food I've eaten in india is at Harima. This is in the same bldg as Cafe Del Sol. I don't know where that is.

The food was inexpensive and fresh.

Expect to spend about 1000 per head.

:confused: Did you mean Casa Del Sol opposite to Bishop Cotton's Complex? Same building where tiffany's is?

Inexpensive but expect to spend about 1000 per head :Shockked: ? I need to work for JBL now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 447280)
Are you referring to a place which isnt very savvy as such,OR is it some restaurant called 'The Dhaba' ? I remember seeing one on the ORR, but wasnt sure if the food would be good, so never tried it.

Nope. Not "The DHABA"
Its an open air eatery with broken chairs and shed. Great tea for 4rs. The chicken is also decent. A non meg meal for 2 costs 100rs or so.
Its called EDEN huts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885 (Post 447321)
Inexpensive but expect to spend about 1000 per head :Shockked: ?

I was quoting this price with Sake and dessert. If you dont drink the equation changes (considering the sake is Rs.350/- a pop)

As anyone who eats Japanese food in India will agree, it is super duper expensive. For example, in Mumbai, if I was to order some assorted rolls, sashimi, some sake, maybe a tempura and some dessert, I'd spend about Rs. 3500/-. It's unfair, as sushi is not an expensive option all over the world and is normally picked off conveyor belt restaurants.

Here, Japanese food is new and super-fine dining. Often the chefs and the fish are both imported. This (kinda) justifies the mammoth pricing.

In THAT context harima is more realistic. I know Rs.1000/- per head is a lot to spend, but I'm talking in comparison to other japanese restaurants, in India.

Tanveer, didnt quite get the place, but will be on the lookout now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 447342)
Nope. Not "The DHABA"
Its an open air eatery with broken chairs and shed. Great tea for 4rs. The chicken is also decent. A non meg meal for 2 costs 100rs or so.
Its called EDEN huts

Still there.
Still doing quite well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 447349)
Here, Japanese food is new and super-fine dining. Often the chefs and the fish are both imported. This (kinda) justifies the mammoth pricing.

Go to Rice bowl. Drink 200rs alchohol. Order food for 200rs and imagine you are eating authentic Japanese. For 400rs you will have a authentic Japanese experience.
BTW does JBL have any vacancies?

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 447350)
Tanveer, didnt quite get the place, but will be on the lookout now.

Its easy When you come from innovative multiplex side, stop at the red light just before intel. Take a U towards your right, but not on ORR but the slip road next to ORR. It was unmetalled then. Go for around 100mts you will see eden huts written. Its a hangout for many people who work on ORR.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aggressive_anush (Post 447356)
Still there.
Still doing quite well.

Good to know this :D