Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2011, 14:07   #721
BHPian

Re: It's raining in Bangalore!!

It is popular saying in Bangalore women and weather are unpredictable, you never know when a women sheds tears and heaven starts pouring, both are affected by the coastal storms. Lolz. Jokes apart, Bangalore weather is the reason why it is the aspirational city of India. I mean No 1 city to settle down.
ukderebail is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2011, 14:17   #722
Senior - BHPian

The other point is, when it rains people consider traffic will be less and leave offices to reach home. That is because, once the rain stops, there will be mad traffic jam, so people think they take proactive step and still face the music

-Ravi
Old 31st May 2011, 14:27   #723
Senior - BHPian

on wide stretches of road like the Hosur road, its a good thing to have heavy rains - all the two wheelers are off the road and you get the road all to yourself! its bliss
Old 31st May 2011, 15:39   #724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
But the trying to beat the rain phenomenon is only seen here.
Rightly said!! Trying to beat the rain is something i cannot understand being in B'lore for the last 28 years. How can one even beat the rain --- beats me
If it has to rain it will and is upto you if you want to be outdoors or indoors.
Old 1st June 2011, 11:35   #725
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukderebail View Post
It is popular saying in Bangalore women and weather are unpredictable, you never know when a women sheds tears and heaven starts pouring, both are affected by the coastal storms. Lolz. Jokes apart, Bangalore weather is the reason why it is the aspirational city of India. I mean No 1 city to settle down.
Weather is one aspect for a aspirational city. I think there are many more- infra is the most important in the quality of life. I am in bangalore and when it rains, one knows what pathetic state we are in. Quality of life is quite low now with water issues aplenty and city crumbling big time. Saving grace- the nice weather. Why people want to hurry in the rains to home, i found out 2 times in this month, had a scare of my life being stuck in a jam and with water all around, threatening to enter the car in fact.
mkh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2011, 12:37   #726
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
on wide stretches of road like the Hosur road, its a good thing to have heavy rains - all the two wheelers are off the road and you get the road all to yourself! its bliss
Yeah, but that is till you get to the next underpass. There you would find all the bikes that were off the road waiting under it for the rain to abate, and the wide stretch of road is now reduced to a strait.
Old 1st June 2011, 14:45   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Weather is one aspect for a aspirational city. I think there are many more- infra is the most important in the quality of life. I am in bangalore and when it rains, one knows what pathetic state we are in. Quality of life is quite low now with water issues aplenty and city crumbling big time. Saving grace- the nice weather. Why people want to hurry in the rains to home, i found out 2 times in this month, had a scare of my life being stuck in a jam and with water all around, threatening to enter the car in fact.
I agree with you with regard to infrastructure issues, but the plus point down the line 3 years hence, will be beautiful road connectivity, metro operations, rainwater harvesting if strictly implemented would solve water problems in the city, regarding traffic snarls is due to drainage problem. The classic advice in the forum regarding driving in the rain, was to stop the car and have a hot cup of coffee and wait for the rain to stop. Since lot of tree falling is noticed i am scared to travel in roads with full of trees, which have a tendency to fall during heavy windy condition.
Old 2nd June 2011, 20:18   #728
Senior - BHPian

Its raining in Mumbai

At last long awaited rains arrived and caught every one with surprises, I just came home and posting my first rain pic.
Sorry for bad pic ,was in hurry and following traffic jam at Andheri, this is a REVA with wipers not working.
Attached Thumbnails
The "It's raining in my city" Thread!-photo0047.jpg  

Old 2nd June 2011, 20:29   #729
Senior - BHPian

re: Its raining in Mumbai

How I could just forget Mumbai rains. I am frequent flyer to Mumbai and will be coming soon to the city once monsoon sets at its best. I still remember last year in September it was raining nonstop for 4-5 days and I couldn’t do a proper Gateway of India shoot. pic of gateway of India during a lovely rainy evening and a drenched street nearby church gate.

and yeah Mumbaikars drive safe and get your cars tuned for monsoons.
Attached Thumbnails
The "It's raining in my city" Thread!-dsc01957-fileminimizer.jpg  

The "It's raining in my city" Thread!-dsc01939-fileminimizer.jpg  

Last edited by bluevolt : 2nd June 2011 at 20:32.
Old 2nd June 2011, 20:30   #730
BHPian

>>>

Very welcome news Sir.
However we have to see if this is a teaser or the Met has got it right - they say the monsoon will arrive in balmy boisterous Bombay on/around 10th June.

Regards, drive safe and no skidding
Old 2nd June 2011, 20:33   #731
BANNED

It is also pouring cats and dogs in pune since evening.
Old 2nd June 2011, 20:39   #732
Senior - BHPian

Re: Its raining in Mumbai

Finally the rains have arrived in Thane too, this starts the opening of Municipality's pandora box. The same old pot hole ridden road, the same slush and water logging. However we rant about the after effects of the rain, we do wait for the same with eagerness every year.

I hope the BHPains have their rides tuned for this monsoon.
Old 2nd June 2011, 21:27   #733
Senior - BHPian

Re: Its raining in Mumbai

[quote=issigonis;2376170]>>>

Very welcome news Sir.
However we have to see if this is a teaser or the Met has got it right - they say the monsoon will arrive in balmy boisterous Bombay on/around 10th June.

Regards, drive safe and no skidding[/
Sir ji, we welcome the rains and pray it must continue ,otherwise if it stops to rain then we will face more and more heat wave then what we had few days back.
Sir, it is good to hear from you and you are in mumbai , in that case we can have another meet FAREWELL TO ISSIGONIS ji. this time for YOUR delayed departure due to unavoidable reasons for your destination.
This is a signal to moderators also so they also join in , in my view lets go to KAKORI at Oshivara, after the eat and meet we can again go to the back road and I can show off my new TIGRESS aka ALTO K10. AUR TOH AUR POORANI YAAD TAZA HO JAYEGI.
Its only my point of view and suggestion other wise I will be with majority. Regards.
Old 6th June 2011, 16:18   #734
BHPian

Raining very heavily in Malleshwaram.

ORR near Eco-Space is dark, looks like it gonna rain heavy here too....
devrajman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2011, 16:23   #735
BHPian

Moderate to heavy rains in ORR near KR Puram. hope the traffic stays normal, so that we can get back to home on time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks