Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2020, 10:22   #3061
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The IPL Thread (Fantasy game league details on pg 238)

Both matches yesterday had some similarities - low scoring games, captains Dinesh Karthik and Virat Kohli playing good knocks to take their teams to fighting totals. KXIP lost a game that they should have easily won, feel sorry for KL Rahul & Mayank Agarwal who keep playing well and still end up on the losing side!

As for RCB, it was a decent outing for the bowlers and Kohli's wonderful batting helped. Longer term they will need to bolster the bowling attack in the next auction/trade, both Umesh Yadav and Dale Steyn have not delivered the goods.

CSK seems to be on a decline I thought given his great record against RCB, Dhoni will give a good fight but Chahal got the better of him.

Hope Andre Russell's injury isn't bad - wondering what he can/will do in the game against RCB on 12 Oct at Sharjah

Last edited by NPV : 11th October 2020 at 10:25.
Old 11th October 2020, 19:19   #3062
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Rajasthan Royals held their nerves to win a good one against Sunrisers Hyderabad, another good Tewatia show , supported well by Riyan Parag.
Old 11th October 2020, 20:06   #3063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Rajasthan Royals held their nerves to win a good one against Sunrisers Hyderabad, another good Tewatia show , supported well by Riyan Parag.
Of course Tewatia played really well, but I liked that 18 year old Parag. What a confidence and composure for an 18 year old player, especially when all the BIG players had failed earlier in the innings.
Overall really good match it was.
Old 11th October 2020, 21:52   #3064
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Of course Tewatia played really well, but I liked that 18 year old Parag. What a confidence and composure for an 18 year old player, especially when all the BIG players had failed earlier in the innings.
Overall really good match it was.
Riyan Parag has great talent and played his role perfectly today.

Tewatia is quite underrated and I've kind of become a fan after watching a video of a post match team discussion when he played last season for Delhi.

Coach Ponting doesn't call out his excellent fielding where he took 4 catches, rest of the team too kind of makes fun and plays down his performance. Cut to this year, he's playing for RR and has proven his worth already with 2 match winning performances and another where he scored well but went in vain His bowling has been quite good as well.

Last edited by NPV : 11th October 2020 at 21:54.
Old 12th October 2020, 10:23   #3065
BHPian

Delhi Capitals transformation deserves to be appreciated, Young Indian Captain, Top 4 batsman are Indians, The core of the team is young Indian players which is heartening to see. I am hoping to see them in Finals this year and look forward for a great contest.

I feel very sad for KXIP players, the initial loss to DC and RR was a huge blow to their confidence and they haven't recovered since. Being a RCB fan, we are used to seeing that jaded look on players faces. Hope they play some good cricket and get their confidence back.

Every one had written off CSK 2 years ago and they proved everyone wrong. Hence I didn't expect to see them at the bottom of the table. Its clear that its getting harder for the seniors to compete and their strategies are not being executed. Appalling to see how people are reacting, guess we are still far from being a civilized lot. The bigger problem is there is not auction next year and CSK clearly have 4~5 player who will not/ should not make it to next year. I wonder how they will fill that gap.
Old 12th October 2020, 12:12   #3066
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
I feel very sad for KXIP players,
KXIP is snatching defeat from the jaws of success. They run the whole race and trip at the finish line. Set batsman, not crossing the finishing line, is not acceptable. Top 2 run scores in this IPL are from KXIP but the team is 1st from last.
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 13:03   #3067
Senior - BHPian

KXIP may be the reason for CSK to fare the way they are doing now. CSK folks must be thinking that its better to take it easy and lose, as opposed to doing all the hard work and still losing, like how the KXIP guys lose.

The sarcasm aside, sometimes, i wonder if CSK have already given up on this edition of the IPL. Its sad to watch them play, and they surely are going to see a huge dent in their big army of supporters.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 13:56   #3068
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
i wonder if CSK have already given up on this edition of the IPL. Its sad to watch them play, and they surely are going to see a huge dent in their big army of supporters.
Most of the CSK players are towards the end of their life cycle. They might struggle in the next IPL also. The owners I assume are waiting for the mega auction for the 2022 IPL!

Present CSK players like Harbhajan & Rayadu were an integral of Mumbai Indians for several years. Now MI have invested in Suryakumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan & Rahul Chahar.
Old 12th October 2020, 14:00   #3069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post

The sarcasm aside, sometimes, i wonder if CSK have already given up on this edition of the IPL. Its sad to watch them play, and they surely are going to see a huge dent in their big army of supporters.
Tell me about it. I have been a csk supporter throughout because of our local boy MSD .

But watching them this year is painful. Looks as if they have already given up.
Old 12th October 2020, 14:04   #3070
BHPian

CSK look too dependent on Faf and Watson to get majority of their score. Earlier they had Raina to rely, but this edition he isn't part of the team. Dhoni seems to be a shadow of himself. While he was thus for the last 2 odd years for the national team, he did ok for CSK.
Old 12th October 2020, 17:12   #3071
Senior - BHPian

Ditto with me Soumen, have always been a CSK fan, and I have quite bravely turned up in Yellows during the RCB Vs CSK matches at Chinnaswamy.

It pains to watch them play this year. Watson and Faf, and that's all they have.
Old 12th October 2020, 17:21   #3072
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Any update on Russell's injury ? Hope he is fit to play today ?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/cricket...-injury/%3famp

RCB won't forget the 2019 match against KKR when Russell scored 48 not out (off 13 balls!) and took them to victory with 5 balls to spare.
In the other match he made 65 from 25 balls but RCB won with Kohli's wonderful batting getting a century, and Kohli got Russell run out

Last edited by NPV : 12th October 2020 at 17:30.
Old 26th October 2020, 08:59   #3073
Distinguished - BHPian

Why is KXIP asking Gayle to come out at number 3? Isn't he the player you want out there for the maximum duration during the power play overs? I did not understand this strategy of bringing him at number 3.
Old 26th October 2020, 12:14   #3074
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Why is KXIP asking Gayle to come out at number 3? Isn't he the player you want out there for the maximum duration during the power play overs? I did not understand this strategy of bringing him at number 3.
Mayank & KL Rahul are doing very well at the top of the order. I think they are in the top 5 of the leading run-getters in this tournament. So if that move is working well for them, why disturb that combination. I agree Gayle isn't really suitable at no.3 unless an early wicket falls!
Old 26th October 2020, 12:20   #3075
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Mayank & KL Rahul are doing very well at the top of the order. I think they are in the top 5 of the leading run-getters in this tournament. So if that move is working well for them, why disturb that combination. I agree Gayle isn't really suitable at no.3 unless an early wicket falls!
Even I was surprised with Gayle coming in at 3, even though Mayank was not playing. Maybe Mayank was sitting out only for one match and would return today, hence it made sense for Gayle to remain at 3 and get comfortable there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks