Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2014, 22:05   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bengaluru International Airport

Bangalore airport terminals extended. In the deparature lounge pleasing to see the extendend counters, more food joints, moving walkways, more spacious lounges.
Bengaluru International Airport-20140303_024121.jpg
Bengaluru International Airport-20140303_024207.jpg
Bengaluru International Airport-20140303_024845.jpg
Bengaluru International Airport-20140303_024809.jpg

On arrival there are changes to the immigration counters,
Bengaluru International Airport-1.jpg
Bengaluru International Airport-2.jpg
Bengaluru International Airport-3.jpg

Disaster at the hand baggage scrrening area, one machine and would take you a minimum of 40 minutes to pass this,
Bengaluru International Airport-4.jpg

New conveyor carousel for baggage, a pleasant change
Bengaluru International Airport-5.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th March 2014 at 22:08.
Old 19th January 2015, 15:31   #227
BHPian

Not sure if this is the right thread - Mods, kindly delete if so.

I need to pick up my relatives from BIAL today at 9pm. I was thinking of leaving from Whitefield area around 7:30pm today. I have been told that there might be alternate routes from Whitefield to Hebbal that could mean not going through KR Puram.

Could anyone please let me know. Also, open to any other suggestions.

And how bad it is from say, Pheonix Mall to Hebbal at 7:30?
Old 19th January 2015, 16:01   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Not sure if this is the right thread - Mods, kindly delete if so.

I need to pick up my relatives from BIAL today at 9pm. I was thinking of leaving from Whitefield area around 7:30pm today. I have been told that there might be alternate routes from Whitefield to Hebbal that could mean not going through KR Puram.

Could anyone please let me know. Also, open to any other suggestions.

And how bad it is from say, Pheonix Mall to Hebbal at 7:30?
How about the second option when you search for directions on google maps from Phoenix Marketcity to BIAL? The route that passes through Budigere road?
Old 27th January 2015, 14:13   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshov View Post
How about the second option when you search for directions on google maps from Phoenix Marketcity to BIAL? The route that passes through Budigere road?
Ended up taking an Uber through KR Puram & Hebbal, turned out to be much better than what I expected or at least less worse
Old 8th March 2015, 15:36   #230
BHPian

Has anyone used KIAL's parking facility for more than 3 days? I am going out of station for 4 days and the charges for 4 days are 900rs (300 for first day and 200 for the next three) which is a one way cab fare for me. And since I am traveling with family...even the bus fare will be about 880 for four of us. Also, let me know what do you think of it from safety point of view?

Last edited by creative420 : 8th March 2015 at 15:40.
Old 8th March 2015, 17:00   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Has anyone used KIAL's parking facility for more than 3 days? I am going out of station for 4 days and the charges for 4 days are 900rs (300 for first day and 200 for the next three) which is a one way cab fare for me. And since I am traveling with family...even the bus fare will be about 880 for four of us. Also, let me know what do you think of it from safety point of view?
Very safe. I have parked at the KIAL airport's long term parking more than 30 times in the past 7 years, for periods ranging from 1 day to 8 days. No issues at all. Do ensure you note down the High mast light pole number or some landmark to remember where you have parked the car. It gets difficult to remember the parking spot after 4 days. Also try not to park below some tree, since the birds or sap from the tree can make some difficult to clean spots on the car after 4 days.

Another thing, you will be charged toll of Rs.115 when returning from the airport, this will be in addition to the Rs.900 you would spend on parking. Overall it is still worth it IMHO, since you would not need to depend on some unreliable cab company in the wee hours to take you to the airport. Go ahead.

Last edited by hrman : 8th March 2015 at 17:03.
Old 9th March 2015, 10:50   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Even I would recommend you to drive your own vehicle. And for the fourth day, you will be charged only for the number of hours you have parked. For example, if you leave the car at 5 AM on first day and collect it at 10 AM on 4th day, you will be charged 300 + 200 + 200 + parking fee for 5 hours.

That was my experience when I parked the car there in July 2014.
Old 9th March 2015, 11:36   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Another thing, you will be charged toll of Rs.115 when returning from the airport, this will be in addition to the Rs.900 you would spend on parking. Overall it is still worth it IMHO, since you would not need to depend on some unreliable cab company in the wee hours to take you to the airport. Go ahead.
Completely forgot about this. And yeah, don't want to rely on any cab since this is a very important trip for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
For example, if you leave the car at 5 AM on first day and collect it at 10 AM on 4th day, you will be charged 300 + 200 + 200 + parking fee for 5 hours.

That was my experience when I parked the car there in July 2014.
Thank you Rohan. I'll be probably dropping off my car at 4am on the first day and will pick it up at around 5pm on the fourth day.

Now all I have to do is to find the car cover, which I haven't used ever since I bought my car.
Old 3rd July 2015, 08:37   #234
BHPian

Please suggest which parking location in KIA should I use for short duration(2-3 hrs) parking? I'll see off my wife tomorrow and will be there at KIA till her flight departs. From the map, I see Parking 1 , parking2 etc. , hence confused.
Old 3rd July 2015, 08:47   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Please suggest which parking location in KIA should I use for short duration(2-3 hrs) parking? I'll see off my wife tomorrow and will be there at KIA till her flight departs. From the map, I see Parking 1 , parking2 etc. , hence confused.
I haven't been very selective here. For 2 to 3 Hours You can park in Lot 1 or 2. At the entrance the attender has always asked me whether I want to park "short time" or "long term".

You may pick a slot closer to the depature/arrival and walk lesser, that's all ☺
Old 17th June 2016, 00:34   #236
BHPian

Need some advice about taxi facility from BIAL to Mysore.We are arriving next week by BA at 5 AM.I cannot call in advance ,and book from here(US) as I have no roaming facility.:(. Can I get some info about Cab cos like Yes Cabs etc,like contact details: Email,phone no.( to follow up if needed after arrival).
Could get Yes cabs email.Are there any reliable cab cos?
Thanks in advance
Old 17th June 2016, 06:53   #237
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgopal View Post
Need some advice about taxi facility from BIAL to Mysore.We are arriving next week by BA at 5 AM.I cannot call in advance ,and book from here(US) as I have no roaming facility.:(. Can I get some info about Cab cos like Yes Cabs etc,like contact details: Email,phone no.( to follow up if needed after arrival).
Thanks in advance
Book with Companies like CarzOnRent who will send you a safe, good driver and a good car.
But tell them you have no India phone else you'll be going quietly mad at the airport trying to figure out where your cab is.
The other option is to get one of your friends or relatives to help by arranging a cab.
The third option is to alight, pop across to the new Taj Hotel that has recently opened at the Airport, wash and brush up etc (by booking a room of course) and ask them to make arrangements for a car to take you where you want to go.

This latter method suggested, actually might help you, considering the long haul flight and the fact that most people landing after a long flight from the US straight into the chaos of India, get pretty frazzled with the long queues at immigration, the checks, the wait for the baggage etc etc. This gives you a chance for a wash and brush up and a chance to lie down and rest your back before another road journey...
Old 17th June 2016, 07:39   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgopal View Post
Thanks in advance
KSRTC runs flybus to Mysore. If you prefer, you can book the tickets online.
Link: http://www.ksrtc.in/AWATAROnline/man...PORT&to=MYSURU
Old 17th June 2016, 07:52   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Book with Companies like CarzOnRent who will send you a safe, good driver and a good car.
But tell them you have no India phone else you'll be going quietly mad at the airport trying to figure out where your cab is.
The other option is to get one of your friends or relatives to help by arranging a cab.
The third option is to alight, pop across to the new Taj Hotel that has recently opened at the Airport, wash and brush up etc (by booking a room of course) and ask them to make arrangements for a car to take you where you want to go.

This latter method suggested, actually might help you, considering the long haul flight and the fact that most people landing after a long flight from the US straight into the chaos of India, get pretty frazzled with the long queues at immigration, the checks, the wait for the baggage etc etc. This gives you a chance for a wash and brush up and a chance to lie down and rest your back before another road journey...
Thanks a lot Mr Balan.I prefer the second option and accordingly talked (whatsapp)to my friend in BLR for help.He has agreed to arrange an Innova.
Meanwhile will check with carzonRent also.Will google the contact details
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Thanks msdivy for quick response.Flybus will not be suitable.We will be needing a car as suitcases(3) are to be carried.I have talked to friend at Blr. For needful
Moderator: Request to merge both the posts into one,as I find

Last edited by virgopal : 17th June 2016 at 07:58.
Old 17th June 2016, 07:55   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Thanks msdivy for quick response.Flybus will not be suitable.We will be needing a car as suitcases(3) are to be carried.I have talked to friend at Blr. For needful
Moderator to please delete this post as I have merged the two messages.
Thanks

Last edited by virgopal : 17th June 2016 at 07:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks