Team-BHP - Bengaluru International Airport
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Bengaluru International Airport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/39910-bengaluru-international-airport-25.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajeevraj (Post 5643837)
Traveled in mid September. Yes, food options are fairly limited. The ones that are there also have limited seating. Main ones are Irish Pub, A pizza place and then 2-3 cafe/ snack type places. I would suggest finishing a proper meal before getting to the gate area. Don't fully rely on the options at the departure area.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sj_koova (Post 5643881)
I did travel very recently. While terminal looks good, more like Changi, Singapore, food options are very limited. Several places were not accepting AMEX card as well.
I felt T1 was more functional easy to navigate.

Should've replied earlier - thanks for your inputs.
We took some packed lunch and turned out to be a really good decision. It was a weekend and the few restaurants were quite crowded, and most were fast food types.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao (Post 5643913)
If you need a proper meal at the airport, eating at the T1 Boulevard then hopping the shuttle to T2 is still the best bet.

No man, I do not have the faith on reliability of such transits. But a related point is, T1 food options and the open seating in the boulevard is amazing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 5643979)
We travelled past in Mid-Sep. Ate lightly at Jamie’s Pizza. Great quality. We anyway like Jamie’s overall. Eaten at his Italian and his Pizza places many times abroad.
Wolfgang Puck and I think Carluccio’s is also likely opening in T2. And of course there is Starbucks.
While these are great International options when all of these open, Im not sure that T2 is able to cater yet to everyone’s food preferences.

Am not a picky eater, just try to avoid fast food and the std. airline food (rectangle box, left->right, rectangle formations of daal, rice & curry/chicken).
We took some packed lunch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by goandude (Post 5694187)
080 is accepting cards.

Is there any multi level car parking in KIAL? Asking to see if I can protect car from sun/dust when parking for a few days

In Oct the long term parking wasn't open, now it is. Do try the BMTC vayu vajra, it is quite good and cheap.

regards
lazy

Has anyone used car parking for T2 ? KIAL website shows P2 but I think that is quite a long walk from T2. I have couple of 2 day trips coming up and felt using parking is economical than taking cabs

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajshenoy (Post 5700616)
Has anyone used car parking for T2 ? KIAL website shows P2 but I think that is quite a long walk from T2. I have couple of 2 day trips coming up and felt using parking is economical than taking cabs

I have used it in T2 - not an issue

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 5701033)
I have used it in T2 - not an issue

Thanks, can you please share more information on this ? Does T2 have separate parking for long stay(1-2 days) and any specific signs I need to follow ? I do not remember paying any attention to signage while travelling in cab

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajshenoy (Post 5701373)
Thanks, can you please share more information on this ? Does T2 have separate parking for long stay(1-2 days) and any specific signs I need to follow ? I do not remember paying any attention to signage while travelling in cab

The parking in T2 is a covered parking (basement). You have clear directions for Parking in T2 - you won't miss it if you are looking for it.

Travelled through T2 fairly recently, and took the shuttle to T1. T2 was an amazing experience. One of course, was the look and the ambience. The "Gold" really stands out! But far more important was the number of check-in and immigration desks. This was what made the process a breeze, especially when we were arriving in to Bengaluru. It was crowded, but the immigration clearance was over within minutes for us.

The shuttle experience was great as well. There were attendants who helped load and un-load our luggage. Seamless experience overall.

Far better than all the European airports that we've been through lately.
The only downside, compared to T1, i think is the food options(or the lack of).

Parked in P2 which is covered parking lot in the basement of T2. Signage is excellent. It was quite full this afternoon at about 1200 noon. Lots of earmarked space for handicapped parking, and electric vehicles. Also charging facilities are available. Lift and escalator available but we had to lug our luggage up the stairs as there was no electricity to run the escalators/lifts:Frustrati

Guys, what are the parking charges at T2 for upto 2 and 3 hours ?

Travelling from KIAL to London early tomorrow morning by British Airways.

Online check in option is blocked, citing too many wrong attempts.

What would be a comfortable duration to do direct airport check in, considering two travellers with wheelchair assistance and one accompanied minor?

Four hours in advance is fine?

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 5733922)
Guys, what are the parking charges at T2 for upto 2 and 3 hours ?

Just paid INR 200 for about an hour and a half of parking this weekend. So I am assuming 2 hours would be INR 200.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dailydriver (Post 5758284)
Travelling from KIAL to London early tomorrow morning by British Airways.

Four hours in advance is fine?

Counters open 3 hours ahead of time. I once arrived early for a 11pm flight to Singapore as my daughter had a 7 pm flight so we took the same cab. Since you have wheelchair bound folks, am sure you will get priority. I hope you have booked the assistance as the walking distances are long!

Quote:

Perhaps just a coincidence, but whenever I've encountered this message, it has generally meant a delayed flight. Reaching three hours before should suffice, they don't allow baggage drop more than three hours before ETD. Try the kiosks at the airport one last time when you reach, so you can be in the baggage drop line vs. the much larger check-in queue.

Question regarding Terminal 2 at BIAL:
Like in T1, are there designated passenger pick up points so that one can drive up to the place and quickly pick someone ? Looking for an ideal place to pick someone arriving and my unfamiliarity with T2 is bothering me :)

Quote:

Forgot to add - if you request wheelchair assistance from any airline, online check-in gets disabled. Again, it is also disabled for most international flights since the airlines need to do a document check.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NPV (Post 5758687)
Question regarding Terminal 2 at BIAL:
Like in T1, are there designated passenger pick up points so that one can drive up to the place and quickly pick someone ? Looking for an ideal place to pick someone arriving and my unfamiliarity with T2 is bothering me :)

Yes, you have numbered pillars in the basement of pickup area. Post arrival, they can take a lift and come down, share the pillar number with you. It's clearly marked and fairly easy to locate.