Team-BHP - Bengaluru International Airport
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Bengaluru International Airport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/39910-bengaluru-international-airport-15.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by yosbert (Post 2675322)
Wanted some feedback on Long Term Parking options at BIAL. Would like to hear from people who have used it recently about the safety and convenience of using the facility.

I am flying out on 23rd evening and returning on 28th morning. Was considering taking my car, since taking a cab will cost nearly the same and bus is not an option for us with two small kids.

I have used it a number of times, the maximum number of days being 6.
No problems whatsoever.
A small nitpick is that sometimes we tend to forget where exactly we parked and it takes some time to find the car in the vast P1 lot esp. if left it in the morning and return after a few days by an evening flight. So nowadays, i take a picture of my car after parking it with a board or any easily identifiable landmark in the background. Just makes its easy to relocate.:)

Thanks a lot Murali and robimahanta for the replies and suggestions.
I will feel more confident now leaving my car at the airport.

What are the charges for long duration parking ?

Is there a separate section for long duration parking ?

Rohan

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohan_iitr (Post 2676632)
What are the charges for long duration parking ?

Is there a separate section for long duration parking ?

Rohan

I parked my car once last year for 3 days, IIRC the charges were INR 300 for the first day followed by INR 200 for every additional day. Note that there is no covered parking available.

I would like to avail of the parking option at BIAL for a day. Going by the previous posts, i believe this is a hassle-free experience. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 2699826)
I would like to avail of the parking option at BIAL for a day. Going by the previous posts, i believe this is a hassle-free experience. :)

yes Benny,. Go for it. I have used it many times. Sometimes even for more than 2 days :)

No difficulties faced so far.

Quote:

It is very easy. Only thing is that the fights arrive during peak hour so do you feel like driving back at that time?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 2699972)
It is very easy. Only thing is that the fights arrive during peak hour so do you feel like driving back at that time?

I have an early morning and a late night return flight, so i guess i wouldnt really get trapped in any major traffic jams. Also, with the taxi rates from my home to the airport close to 800 bucks one way, i feel this is a better option. :)

BIAL will be closed for 7 hours daily between 10.30 am - 5.30 pm from 11th Mar to 13th Apr for runway repairs.

The Hindu : News / National : Bangalore airport to be closed for 7 hours from March 11 to April 13

Guys, plan your travel accordingly.

Quote:

Yes, I used the facility very recently and found it to be extremely convenient and hassle-free.
As someone point out in the posts above, just make sure that you remember where exactly you parked your car when you return :).

Is there any change in the parking area due to the modification works? I need to pickup somebody tonight and would like to know which is the best place to park, for less than 2 hours. I am not sure if the entrance to P2 area is from inside or from the outer road.

Folks, any clue till what time we have the BIAL Volvo from HAL to the airport? I have a flight at 4 AM, and need to be at BIAL by 1 AM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kap04 (Post 2809485)
Folks, any clue till what time we have the BIAL Volvo from HAL to the airport? I have a flight at 4 AM, and need to be at BIAL by 1 AM.

Check this link for Vayu Vajra timings:

Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation

Thanks man, i had already seen that, and i am not sure if its updated or not. Wanted to hear from folks who have used the late night Volvo from HAL to BIAL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolclouds (Post 2809523)
Check this link for Vayu Vajra timings:

Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation

Quote:

Originally Posted by kap04 (Post 2809536)
Thanks man, i had already seen that, and i am not sure if its updated or not. Wanted to hear from folks who have used the late night Volvo from HAL to BIAL.

On a safer side, look for a bus from KBS as the frequency is more.