Team-BHP - Bengaluru International Airport
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Bengaluru International Airport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/39910-bengaluru-international-airport-19.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemant_Joshi (Post 5410861)
HI Guys,
Is it safe and hassle free to park My Car for 7 to 8 days in Bangalore International Airport?
I don't mind paying for it. But, it must be safe, well maintained place.
Also, are there clear singes, directions to easily find the parking lot?
Any assistance can be got at the time of parking?

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhisheksircar (Post 5411220)
I have parked for 5 days and the car does turn out to be dusty by the time you are back.

The amount of dust that accumulates over the days is hard to believe. I parked for 4 days in Aug. Had left the windows down by .5mm to avoid heat build-up and regretted the decision. Had to get the car deep cleaned.

After the departure drop-off area, you need to turn right for parking. There were enough signages. There is no assistance other than the person manning the ticket machine at the entrance of the lot. Depending on the time and luck, you need to go around in circles to find a parking spot. Allot at least 30 min extra.

If you are alone and have luggage, it becomes very inconvenient as it is a long walk to the parking area. Even if you get a trolley, the path is uneven and it will not be fun. Also, there are two lots and if the first one is full, you are doomed as the second lot is much further away. If you have someone with you, then you can drop them off with the luggage and then go park the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaguar (Post 5411420)
After the departure drop-off area, you need to turn right for parking. There were enough signages. There is no assistance other than the person manning the ticket machine at the entrance of the lot. Depending on the time and luck, you need to go around in circles to find a parking spot. Allot at least 30 min extra.

Why are you complaining, if that car park is full, then you need to park further up, luckily there is shuttle service!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 5411471)
Why are you complaining, if that car park is full, then you need to park further up, luckily there is shuttle service!

Complaining because it is a long walk and there is not much info about the shuttle frequency or the boarding point. I didn't find any shuttle when I had to park there once.

I parked my Taigun for 3 days last week when I had to go to New Delhi for some work. My wife, mother in-law and myself were travelling from Mysore, and on Sunday I was on call at the hospital I work at, so we decided to give flybus a skip. I agree that the car gets very dusty, but it’s a safe option. Parked from 8.30AM on Friday till 2.30PM on Sunday. Was charged Rs. 1300. It’s 600 for the first day and 350 for additional days.

Bengaluru International Airport-c23087b0d4ec45688998a65693e65460.jpeg

Route change to Arrivals at Terminal 1 BLR Airport: For visitors driving to Arrivals at Terminal 1

Bengaluru International Airport-20221014_224034.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrokenHW (Post 5421520)
Route change to Arrivals at Terminal 1 BLR Airport: For visitors driving to Arrivals at Terminal 1

Attachment 2368218

Used it last night. Big improvement although the Arrivals pickup point is as crowded as always

Bengaluru Airport's Terminal 2 to start full-fledged operations starting with domestic from December end, will gradually add international operations mid 2023. BLR Airport T2 is themed on Four Pillars - Greenary, Sustainability, Tech and Art & Culture can cater to 25 million flyers

Bengaluru International Airport-20221029_120821.jpg

Most airports abroad will have a loop where you move between terminals (ground level for arrival, first level for departures). Its very easy and simple and you can come back if you miss something.

Bengaluru airport used to be simple but they have complicated the roads leading into and out of terminals. In addition last time, there were traffic lights, turns etc and I just kept following others :disappointed. For an airport that talked about keeping it simple and efficient they have screwed up. Also, whats up with all the govt vehicles very close to the terminal ? They have a separate inner lane close to the terminal. Shameless entitled people.

PM Narendra Modi to inaugurate Terminal 2 of Kempegowda International Airport in Bengaluru, built at a cost of around Rs 5000 crores, on Nov 11.

T2 is designed as a tribute to the Garden city of Bengaluru

Bengaluru International Airport-20221109_124113.jpg

Bengaluru International Airport-20221109_124111.jpg

Bengaluru International Airport-20221109_124109.jpg

Bengaluru International Airport-20221109_124106.jpg

It feels "cheap" & all plastic, looking at the photos & videos (which are being circulated on WhatsApp). There are jokes already about the money spent on it - 40% has been pocketed by the politicians.

Wouldn't you feel silly when you walk out of this glitz into actual Bangalore?. They could have reduced this bling and provided some real Karnataka/Bangalore flavour.

I like my city to look good.

But what use is it if it serves the aesthetic hunger of a select few while keeping out the vast majority from accessing bare minimum needs like clean water, fresh air and non-killing roads?

The new terminal, the adjoining park and the hundred plus feet statue will all be just eye candies for me - the average, middle class, tax paying, non flying nincompoop who the rich and the mighty tread over day in and day out.

The beautification of B/KIAL is symptomatic of the rot that our society is constantly afflicted by. We ignore the rust inside and paint over the outer surface - everything looks good; everyone seems happy: ballot boxes and bank accounts start smiling.

Plants in the modern garden are housed in and nourished by the soils and waters collected from everywhere in the state: it gives out fresh air.

Elsewhere, the pran vayu that should keep the dying from dying goes AWOL. People gasp, they depart, helpless, unhelped; but should we really care? They are the scum of the earth and are better without.

We have health centres that deny admission to a fully pregnant lady because she doesn't carry an AADHAAR on her; God doesn't care - he admits her and her still born twins to his court.

We notice, we forget.

We need new buildings, pleasant parks, stately statues.

We admire the beauty, for we are the beasts.

We stop questioning, because we are at the terminal.

Sometimes pictures can be deceptive due to lighting so we will only know how the new terminal looks when we see it with our eyes. Some of the terminal pics look really nice like a 5-star hotel lobby. They should definitely switch off some of the ceiling lights as it looks too bright.

Instead of focusing on "garden city", they should have focussed on Karnataka's rich history and culture. How about showing some Hampi, Mysuru, Shimoga, Halebidu, Srirangapatna, Dandeli, Aihole, etc?

My eyes are paining looking at the images. I am absolutely for the modernization and expansion of infrastructure. But ease of maintenance and long term durability should also be kept in mind while designing such mega structures. I think what we are seeing is reengineered bamboo not plastic. But that is unnecessarily blocking natural light and will become a dust magnet soon. Cleaning and maintenance will be a night mare.

Are those real plants or plastic imitations?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dailydriver (Post 5436056)
I like my city to look good.

But what use is it if it serves the aesthetic hunger of a select few while keeping out the vast majority from accessing bare minimum needs like clean water, fresh air and non-killing roads?

The new terminal, the adjoining park and the hundred plus feet statue will all be just eye candies for me - the average, middle class, tax paying, non flying nincompoop who the rich and the mighty tread over day in and day out.

The beautification of B/KIAL is symptomatic of the rot that our society is constantly afflicted by. We ignore the rust inside and paint over the outer surface - everything looks good; everyone seems happy: ballot boxes and bank accounts start smiling.

Plants in the modern garden are housed in and nourished by the soils and waters collected from everywhere in the state: it gives out fresh air.

Sorry sir, this is not a beautification exercise, but much needed expansion of Bangalore airport. Do we need to travel in bullock carts till the issues you mentioned are going to be addressed? In a country of 1.35B people, the first priority should be to control population if you want a equitable society. Let us be realistic and not live in Utopian worlds.

if Someone lands in T2 and tries to catch another flight from T2. How does this work out? how much time would it take for the transfers from T1 to T2 ?