Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2008, 01:34   #301
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
I know, but the only time I get to go out is Dec/Jan
OT again :

It is mentioned that Katarniaghat Wildlife Sanctuary a part of Dudhwa tiger reserve - is it a continous core area to Katarniaghat

Quote:
Rise in tiger population pushes leopard to fringes
Bahraich (UP) (PTI) June 22, 2008:

Increase in the population of tiger in Katarniaghat Wildlife Sanctuary and Dudhwa National Park in Uttar Pradesh has forced the 'low profile' leopard to move to the fringes of forest leading to frequent incidents of man-animal conflict.

Divisional forest officer of the sanctuary, Ramesh Pandey told PTI that in order to avoid clash with the tigers in these forest areas, the leopards have shifted their base to the periphery of jungles where they hunt for easy preys like goats, dogs and sometimes humans.

There are concrete evidences of increase in the number of tigers in these areas as per the findings of the surveys conducted by the Wildlife Institute of India (Dehradun) with the camera trap method.

The findings have confirmed both Dudhwa and Katarniaghat as the most dense tiger populated areas, Pandey said. Around 50 tigers each are present in both these forests and there are also evidence of presence of cubs in these areas, Pandey said, adding that every year, four to five tigress' are reproducing. Besides, leopard population has also gone up.

The DFO said while tigers were a rare sight earlier for even the security and forest personnel, they can now be frequently spotted by the tourists visiting the areas.

A couple of playful cubs have been sighted in Trans Gerua area of Katarniaghat and Sonhari pul in Dudhwa recently, Pandey said, adding that tigers mark their areas which often leads to problem of 'space overlapping" forcing the leopards to move towards the fringes of the forests.

Last edited by adc : 30th July 2008 at 01:38.
Old 30th July 2008, 07:49   #302
Senior - BHPian

Rohan, welcome!
Of course I did not realize it was you! Not from the first post.

Good thoughts about the 4WD vehicle. Yes, it makes eminent sense to buy something like the Bolero as it won't hurt much if it takes a hit somewhere. And it is a more competent off-roader.
With Ladakh under your belt, I can understand how the love for mountains and off-roading must have got whetted!
Old 30th July 2008, 08:39   #303
Senior - BHPian

Katarniaghat though happens to be a continuous core, it is for the animals only and not for humans. To visit Katarnia, you have to exit dudhwa and drive for about 25kms to reach katarnia.

Ramesh Pandey the DFO is a big mustachioed jovial man. Sonhari pul area is supposed to be dense tiger area, but unfortunately we couldn't spot a single one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
OT again :

It is mentioned that Katarniaghat Wildlife Sanctuary a part of Dudhwa tiger reserve - is it a continous core area to Katarniaghat
------------------
Rise in tiger population pushes leopard to fringes
Bahraich (UP) (PTI) June 22, 2008:

The DFO said while tigers were a rare sight earlier for even the security and forest personnel, they can now be frequently spotted by the tourists visiting the areas.

A couple of playful cubs have been sighted in Trans Gerua area of Katarniaghat and Sonhari pul in Dudhwa recently, Pandey said, adding that tigers mark their areas which often leads to problem of 'space overlapping" forcing the leopards to move towards the fringes of the forests.
--------------------
Old 30th July 2008, 09:57   #304
BHPian

Off Roadie, Excellent pictures & you did some serious drives in your scorpio. Welcome to tbhp & the scorpio thread.
Old 30th July 2008, 11:32   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Ah! How definitions vary!
I assumed 'shortly' to be a matter of hours!
I was hoping to get some pics that would be worthy of display here on this thread, remember I just got the car, less than a month ago and still in the process of doing the little mechanical and cosmetic stuff , all in between a busy work schedule. Still pics are "on the way, shortly"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Roadie View Post
Well I am really late,
but better late than never.
Heres pictures of my Scorpio at various locations
Not as late as me !!! Mind blowing pics.
Old 30th July 2008, 18:14   #306
BHPian

Finally!!!

Ok here it is, not to happy with the picture, but atleast it adds to the list!
Attached Thumbnails
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-300708.jpg  

Old 31st July 2008, 08:51   #307
Senior - BHPian

Finally! Hope this includes all upto now.

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-scorpioslabelled.jpg
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-scorpios2alabelled.jpg
Old 31st July 2008, 16:38   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 33935
Attachment 33936
Hi Anup - Great effort here and thanks. Too see all our beloved beasts in a collage really warms the cockles of my heart ! And to see so many of them well maintained beasts is surely a treat for the eyes.
Once again - muchos gracias !
Old 31st July 2008, 18:21   #309
Senior - BHPian

hey mohnish, whats wrong with your beast? it looks cool and i think you are the first one to paint the ski racks in body colour.

really Mr. anup, thanks for the great effort.
Old 31st July 2008, 19:31   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Anup, feels good to be "up there" finally ! Great job you done of putting the collage together. Lools great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
... first one to paint the ski racks in body colour....
Thanks raj...yeah the body colour skis blend in without attracting attention to them. I got to mention here that your intention of going with manisidea of only the pillars black (insted of the entire side upto the roof) is much better ... I just got it done today and it looks great IMHO. So go with mansidea of only the pillars.

@mansidea: So thanks mansidea, due credit to you. Honestly, your Scorp has been the inspiration for mine.

Incidentally, I used matt black (dull black) and then gave a very diluted coat of laquer over it, so as to get the dull sheen (like very clean rubber).

@ Anup: Will post latest pics "shortly"

Last edited by Mohnish : 31st July 2008 at 19:34.
Old 31st July 2008, 21:54   #311
Senior - BHPian

@ mohnish: can you pls post the pics soon buddy, the one with the blackened pillars as i have to get it done in my scorp. your pics will be helpful to me.
also, i guess yours is the 2.6 Crde version scorp. or is it the older turbo? the side badging on the fenders (below the side/fender indicators) are missing, hence the confusion. ciao.
Old 31st July 2008, 21:57   #312
Senior - BHPian

i have noticed 1 thing in anup's collage.
look at mine, SYJ's and saint's scorpios. the colour looks similar. but mansidea's and mohnish's looks different though it is also white. i guess its due to the lighting and difference in cameras and not different colours!
Old 1st August 2008, 00:13   #313
BHPian

Quote:
@ mohnish: can you pls post the pics soon buddy, the one with the blackened pillars....
Sure will do...Saturday 2nd August pic should be uploaded.

Quote:
also, i guess yours is the 2.6 Crde version scorp. or is it the older turbo?...
Its the 2005 Jan SLX hence non CRDe. (non CRDe was upto March 2005). Post March 2005 CRDe got installed. Post 2006 Coil rear suspension and tower tails etc.

Quote:
the side badging on the fenders (below the side/fender indicators) are missing, hence the confusion. ciao.
Yep, mansidea has upgraded his bonnet with scoop and the fender to the post 2006 CRDEe (mansidea please correct me if wrong). I have not upgraded these two features.

Quote:
i have noticed 1 thing in anup's collage.
look at mine, SYJ's and saint's scorpios. the colour looks similar. but mansidea's and mohnish's looks different though it is also white. i guess its due to the lighting and difference in cameras and not different colours!
Again, if you look carefully, manisdea and mine are the "older" ones ie pre 2006 (small rear tail lights) which have been cosmetically modified. So its very possible that M&M used one batch of white colour for these pre 2006 models and changed post 2006 ie yours, SYJ's and saint's (rear tower lights). Though I cant be sure of saint's cause the pic isnt diplaying the tell tale area. Mansidea's ( I think its a 2004) & my Scorps are white is a 'pearl' white and not a 'pure' white.

Mansidea, my apologies if I got anything wrong.

Oh yeah, and one more thing raj:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohnish View Post
Incidentally, I used matt black (dull black) and then gave a very diluted coat of laquer over it, so as to get the dull sheen (like very clean rubber).
All the lines (where black meets white) were given a clean finish using 'radium patti' (!!!) by a number plate chap

Last edited by Mohnish : 1st August 2008 at 00:17.
Old 1st August 2008, 08:16   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi Anup ... - muchos gracias !
Quote:
.... really Mr. anup, thanks for the great effort.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohnish View Post
Thanks Anup, feels good to be "up there" finally!
You're welcome, gentlemen!
Anytime.

Will re-do whenever the need is felt.
Old 1st August 2008, 11:48   #315
BHPian

thanks Mohnish & you are absolutely right. But i havent done anything on the fender & the scorpio badge was there since i bought it. The white colour at that time was diamond white & i think its slightly different from the current ones. doesnt make much of a difference. Raj, you are right. that photos was taken in harsh sunlight which will change the colour.
I have updated my garage with recent photos.

Last edited by mansidea : 1st August 2008 at 11:49.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks