Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2009, 21:16   #1126
Senior - BHPian

exactly as mr anup said ...
in that show perilous journeys that guys drive shaft got screwd and a big rod came out of that cup area..the rod was connected to the differential which turns the wheel and distributes the power to the wheels.I really dont know much about the mechanics but love to learn about them

Last edited by vinaydas : 15th January 2009 at 21:19.
Old 16th January 2009, 01:45   #1127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
wandernomad, Your ride looks good.Nice front grill, better than the stock!!

One question, why do you need that ladder in the back? Show or does it have some purpose?

Guys, One thing I noticed is each scorpio has some character built into it. Seeing so many pics, I never felt that oh this is yet another scorpio. Thats why I call it a 'Character Car'.
Thanx brother. Well the ladder is just to add some character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
nice grille job buddy... BMW??

the ladder is good, i guess its just for style.

i noticed 4 sensors on the bumper as well as a camera on the rear number plate, you never need to worry about reversing now.
Great that you liked the grill. Since the headunit had a camera input option, I thought why not get a camera also along with the sensors and trust me it surely helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Great pics, WanderNomad!
Do tell us where each one was taken.
Sir they were taken in routine touristy destinations...same ol Shimla, Manali, Nainital etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa View Post
Nice vehicle and nice camera work!
Thanx.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Sometimes, when the drinks are on the house, the ladder is required!

But honestly, with no roof rack, why?
If you were to go to Shimla, you'll have a dozen of these touts clambering all over your car offering "hotel..hotel...hotel..", LOL! And some might actually climb up the ladder too! All of this with the car moving!
Love your sense of humour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Hi WanderNomad,

The grill looks real cool, are they readily available in Delhi or you got it custom built.

If they are available off the shelf I would like to pick one up when I am in Delhi next week.
Yes the grill is readily available at two Scorpio dealerships, Bhasin and Sri Durga. Alternative for cheaper options, you can get from Accessory shops in Karol Bagh too.
Old 16th January 2009, 09:47   #1128
Senior - BHPian

Wandernomad, How much would a black front grill cost? I shall check this weekend if I can resource the same in Hyd.
Old 16th January 2009, 11:44   #1129
BHPian

As I remember it was Rs. 3K in exchange and Rs. 3.5 without at the A.S.S.

Outside you can get it for almost half the price. But my experience was that its better to get it from A.S.S as its a no hassle business and the finish is better.
Old 16th January 2009, 12:50   #1130
Senior - BHPian

Hi WanderNomad,

Is it available in body colours. I have a Rocky Beige colour.

And if you can just guide me to the location of these dealers in Delhi, because I will be there in transit only for a few hours, so if they are anywhere between the Airport & the Old Delhi Rly station I might just be able to make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderNomad View Post
As I remember it was Rs. 3K in exchange and Rs. 3.5 without at the A.S.S.

Outside you can get it for almost half the price. But my experience was that its better to get it from A.S.S as its a no hassle business and the finish is better.
Old 17th January 2009, 09:39   #1131
Senior - BHPian

here i am posting pics on behalf of J K Rao: (sorry for the delay mate as i was down with fever for 3 days and so dint check my inbox)

three snaps of his beautiful black scorpio:
Attached Thumbnails
All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-getattachment.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-getattachment1.jpg  

All T-BHP Scorpio Owners with Pics of their SUV-getattachment2.jpg  

Last edited by raj_5004 : 17th January 2009 at 09:40.
Old 17th January 2009, 11:00   #1132
BHPian

Quote:
Hi WanderNomad,

Is it available in body colours. I have a Rocky Beige colour.

And if you can just guide me to the location of these dealers in Delhi, because I will be there in transit only for a few hours, so if they are anywhere between the Airport & the Old Delhi Rly station I might just be able to make it.
Bhasin motors is in south extension part 1 , which would be about a 30 minute drive from the airport (depending on traffic). i have seen the grill in grey, black and brown. you can call their sales rep a chap called rakesh on 9811930964, he will provide you with all details. he helped me get my scorp too.

cheers
K
Old 17th January 2009, 16:40   #1133
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Ksingh, I can recall the place (used to live in South Delhi before moving to Mumbai).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksingh544 View Post
Bhasin motors is in south extension part 1 , which would be about a 30 minute drive from the airport (depending on traffic). i have seen the grill in grey, black and brown. you can call their sales rep a chap called rakesh on 9811930964, he will provide you with all details. he helped me get my scorp too.cheersK
Update on my Scorpio:

I finally have the Car back with me after full one week (Sat to Sat). Every thing sorted out to my satisfaction, had a 20 Km long TD before signing on the delivery note. I litreally rushed & ripped as I had never done before to be sure that nothing squeaks, gear dosent fall out, brakes are noiseless etc etc.

1. Front right break making a squealing sound while breaking on low speeds.

The brake pads were cleaned & adjusted, no sound there now.

2. The entire front of the car squeaks even after a small pot hole / speed breaker.

Front dampers replaced. All body nuts & bolts tightened.

3. The locking remote refuses to function at time, I have to press it multiple times to unlock / lock. Auto ream not working

The remote has been adjusted, works perfectly now. Auto re arm on starting the ignition & all doors locked no keys in ignition activated. Impact sensor activated.

4. MOST IMPORTANT: The 5th gear is slipping into neutral on its own.

Gear box replaced & clutch adjusted. This one immediately feels much better than the original one.

5. While parking I could hear a lot of creaking from the front wheels while turning the steering.
Stopper bolt was the culprit. Adjustment has been done so no noise now.

6. Broken Wiper arm

The Wiper arm has been replaced under warranty.

Thanks are due to M&M, Mr. Behram Dabhar, G3 Motors (Mr. Swapnil & Naval) for excellent support and prompt response.

This refffirms my decision to go for a Scorpio & M&M.
Old 17th January 2009, 18:24   #1134
Senior - BHPian

M_upreti,

Great to hear that the issues have been sorted out! Hope the squeaks are also taken care of soon.

And a great go by your dealer also! Pray their tribe grow!
Old 17th January 2009, 20:26   #1135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Update on my Scorpio:

I finally have the Car back with me after full one week (Sat to Sat). Every thing sorted out to my satisfaction, had a 20 Km long TD before signing on the delivery note. I litreally rushed & ripped as I had never done before to be sure that nothing squeaks, gear dosent fall out, brakes are noiseless etc etc.

Thanks are due to M&M, Mr. Behram Dabhar, G3 Motors (Mr. Swapnil & Naval) for excellent support and prompt response.

good to see that you are satisfied with the vehicle now. here onwards, i am sure you will have a joyful ride.
Old 17th January 2009, 21:34   #1136
Senior - BHPian

@ m_upreti : Glad to know that all problems have been sorted out. happy mHawking..
Old 18th January 2009, 14:37   #1137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ksingh, I can recall the place (used to live in South Delhi before moving to Mumbai).

Update on my Scorpio:

I finally .............................

Hai Upreti,

Great to hear problems are sorted out to your satisfaction.

In the last 18 months of ownership, M&M ASC at Ahmedabad had improved by leaps and bounds, their response time has been good. Though they were horrible when I started out, I compalined plenty, I heard M&M used the user feedbacks to bring them on line.

My last 12 months experience with M&M has been better than Ford, Hundai and Maruti as I have owned / owning all these brands. From the story of my friends with other cars (except Honda, they are great in after sale service) they are all grumbling about the dealers and how insensitve they are.

That's the sotry so far..........hope this holds.

--Ramky

===========
Old 18th January 2009, 17:20   #1138
Senior - BHPian

scorpio looks killer in black but too much maintenance i guess at least my black innova is
Old 18th January 2009, 22:17   #1139
Senior - BHPian

Hi, The squeaks have been taken care of by the replacement of the front bushes & tightning of all the suspension nuts / bolts.

The dealership and the supervisors did a great job. The kind of welcome I get from the sales & service staff every time I am in the show room (G3 Motors, Navi Mumbai) is to be seen to be believed.

Every thing was covered under warrenty so nothing spent this time round.

Small grouse, the car was washed & vacuumed before it was handed over to me, but the entire car was filthy with all the grease stains, the seats are literally ruined.
getsurya thats what I get for not taking your advise.

I spent the entire morning today cleaning up the interiors with a couple of sprays I have left over from my Wagon R, now they are spic and span as though new.

The Seats were cleaned with warm water and Ezee, using a cotton cloth, at least the grease stains are gone, and the overall look is clean.

The accessory guy offered me seat covers at the following rates:
Fixed covers (Stitched to the seat) - 10000.00
Loose Covers - 5500.00
The material some sort of fake leather, which can be cleaned with soap and water.
Fellow TBHPians in Mumbai / Navi Mumbai , guide me to a better deal as I feel he is overcharging..

I finally got a long overdue Mahindra OEM (Minda) gear lock installed while the car was at the A.S.S.cost me Rs. 2000 including installation.
Gives some more peace of mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
M_upreti,

Great to hear that the issues have been sorted out! Hope the squeaks are also taken care of soon.

And a great go by your dealer also! Pray their tribe grow!
Old 19th January 2009, 10:23   #1140
Senior - BHPian

hey guys, finally i got a call from my A.S.S. (global gallarie, thane) that have to come to the showroom for 15 mins to change the security/immobilizer code.

the lady on the other hand was very kind and explained in detail (i pretented as if i was not aware of this!) how it works and how its activated, etc. she requested me to come to the showroom whenever the car is free and they will get the code changed free of cost.

good move from mahindra, i think finally they reacted to all the reports about scorpios getting stolen.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks