0 - 25% -- I'm like the most conservative Indians. I love FDs. 396 32.25%
26 - 50% -- I have a few stocks. 550 44.79%
51 - 75% -- I'm an active trader. 201 16.37%
76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 81 6.60%
Voters: 1228. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2014, 15:25   #2701
BANNED

Looks like people posting here will have to take a permit from the SEBI.

See.

http://m.economictimes.com/markets/s...w/45309768.cms
Old 29th November 2014, 18:34   #2702
BHPian

Re: Do you play the stock market

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post

See.

No one on this thread influences others on buying or selling a particular stock. Even though stocks are discussed, buying or selling of the stocks are left to the sole discretion of the individual. No targets of scrips or buy or sell prices of scrips are discussed in this thread. So I don't think this would violate SEBI norms.
Old 29th November 2014, 23:29   #2703
BHPian

Hi, I read the circular and am not happy with it :(

Their intentions are right...there is lot of mis-selling, manipulation and front running in Indian markets. But it also curbs freedom of expression. Team BHP being a public forum, it will be difficult to discuss stocks openly. I don't know if I write "I have bought X com" or "I like this stock" it will be looked upon as a recommendation.

Investing is my passion and I love it so much that I cannot risk even a remote chance of being caught in a situation that the regulator will prevent me from participating in the stock market. Hence I do not want to name specific stocks in public forums.

Would definitely continue with email conversations with like-minded investors.

Happy Investing

Vindy
Old 30th November 2014, 00:41   #2704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindyWheels View Post

Their intentions are right...there is lot of mis-selling, manipulation and front running in Indian markets. But it also curbs freedom of expression. Team BHP being a public forum, it will be difficult to discuss stocks openly. I don't know if I write "I have bought X com" or "I like this stock" it will be looked upon as a recommendation.

Investing is my passion and I love it so much that I cannot risk even a remote chance of being caught in a situation that the regulator will prevent me from participating in the stock market. Hence I do not want to name specific stocks in public forums.

Happy Investing

Vindy
Vindywheels
Hi.
This is something I look forward to. Sad that there is a restriction in place. It will cramp the style of all contributors to this thread.
I think it is the classic case of throwing the baby with the bathwater.
Sad
Regards

Last edited by faustus77 : 30th November 2014 at 00:42.
Old 30th November 2014, 09:19   #2705
BHPian

Quote:

Happy Investing

Vindy
Hi VindyWheels, I would like to thank you for all your support that you have provided on this thread. Its by no means an ordinary thing. Thanks once again.

Regards,

sabsubs
Old 30th November 2014, 11:22   #2706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Happy Investing

Vindy
That is a very bad move by SEBI, though the motive is good. It will kill many knowledge sharing discussions as well.

We can still share our learnings and useful materials, without getting into stock discussions. Let us concentrate on the process, the outcome will follow for sure. I hope that will not annoy SEBI uncle.

I have started a new email account just for reading from my email subscriptions in various blogs/ sites. That is very helpful to access new material to read and find details from old emails. When ever I want to read, I just log in to the email account and I have all new posts from multiple subscriptions. Definitely helps. Some very useful blogs/ sites for value investing are:

1. Sanjay Bakshi (https://fundooprofessor.wordpress.com/)
2. Microcapclub (http://microcapclub.com/blog/)
3. Value Investing World (http://www.valueinvestingworld.com/)
4. Sanjai Matai blog (http://blog.wealtharchitects.in/p/blog-page_7.html)
5. Rohit Chauhan blog (http://valueinvestorindia.blogspot.in/)
6. Janav blog (http://janav.wordpress.com/)
7. Safal Niveshak (http://www.safalniveshak.com/)

Share if you are aware of some useful blogs/ sites to learn investing.
Old 1st December 2014, 09:50   #2707
BHPian

Hi,

Here is an interesting take on valuations

http://www.business-standard.com/art...2701311_1.html
Old 1st December 2014, 11:34   #2708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post

See.

Quote:
Sebi said no person or entity would be allowed to act as research analyst or research entity without obtaining a certificate of registration from it under these regulations.
How will SEBI ascertain that my posting here = research analysis and therefore I need to certify myself?
Will SEBI even curb me airing my opinion about stocks and corporates?
Old 1st December 2014, 16:26   #2709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
How will SEBI ascertain that my posting here = research analysis and therefore I need to certify myself?
Will SEBI even curb me airing my opinion about stocks and corporates?
Unless you provide some information which helps SEBI trace and identify you, I don't think you will be in trouble.

The other thing is, how does someone prove that alpha1 said something which caused tremendous loss/ profit to someone and hence alpha1 should be arrested?

Does SEBI have so many resources to go after 'small fish'?

@alpha1: Please do not take this personally.
Old 1st December 2014, 16:47   #2710
BHPian

Small fishes are easily caught. There may be many, but it might be you when the net is spread
Old 1st December 2014, 18:18   #2711
BHPian

I have my stock trading a/c with ICICI Securities - they charge 0.5% brokerage for each buy / sell transaction. Look forward to inputs on other online stock brokers with lower brokerage which are equally good.
Old 1st December 2014, 18:57   #2712
Senior - BHPian

Wonder what Sebi hopes to achieve with such a move? Do they really believe that registering research analysts will help improve the quality of "research reports"being published in the pink papers? Real shame that these half baked ideas see the light of day, and become "laws". This will only curb the sharing of knowledge to the less informed members of the public. Sebi should instead focus on curbing real problems such as insider trading (ex:Kotak Ing deal), or rampant circular trading and price manipulation that is so widely prevalent in our markets.
Old 1st December 2014, 23:30   #2713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
I have my stock trading a/c with ICICI Securities - they charge 0.5% brokerage for each buy / sell transaction. Look forward to inputs on other online stock brokers with lower brokerage which are equally good.
Check Zerodha.com if you are carrying out multiple trades within short spans of time. This is good for traders.
Old 2nd December 2014, 10:43   #2714
BHPian

Quote:

Happy Investing

Vindy
Hi Vindy,

It is really sad that we can't discuss stocks using this wonderful forum.

There has been wonderful overlap and excellent discussions but all of it comes to an end.

Happy investing

Cheers
Old 2nd December 2014, 14:24   #2715
BANNED

If anyone thinking that a thread on stock market in an automotive forum is research or advice , he is insane. I think we should continue with our posts here, but without going in too deep into a stock pr its financials. IMHO. a statement like "I bought AL coz I noticed that private buses in my city are mostly AL", should not qualify as research.

Geojit charges me 0.03% brokerage with minimum ₹ 20/- per day of transactions. I'm not a trafer do its OK for mr. For intraday / btst,, the rates are lower . I hold a few shares in my brokerage so, I might be biased. ;-D

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks