26 - 50% -- I have a few stocks. 550 44.79%
51 - 75% -- I'm an active trader. 201 16.37%
76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 81 6.60%
Voters: 1228. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2009, 00:15   #1006
ECM
BHPian

Check the high buddy,cmp means current market price and that you must be aware of when you talk of 80C investments LOL.And if you take positions with 2 years time frame why you look at short term price swings and waste your time to prove someone wrong ?
You proved wrong and that is fact,period.
Quote:
How close in 2920.4 to 3150? 3 months? ;-P
That is called "Left out"case,way from 2350 to 3150 means Left out only.
Quote:
But I am enjoying this - I have no financial stake right now

Last edited by ECM : 8th January 2009 at 00:18.
Old 19th January 2009, 21:46   #1007
BHPian

I am just wondering: If I wanted to short the NIFTY to about 2200-2400, which month would be most appropriate - March or April?
Old 19th January 2009, 21:50   #1008
Senior - BHPian

Newbie here:
What demat accounts do you use and what are the charges like?
I am using India Infoline but they have some weird charges that I am not comfy with.
Old 20th January 2009, 08:02   #1009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Newbie here:
I am using India Infoline but they have some weird charges that I am not comfy with.
What kind of trading you actually do? If it is delivery, then my pick would be ICICI. Eventhough they charge little higher, its very easy and straight forward.

They do have other deals/ plan for day trading, futures etc, but heard reliance money is cheaper for those.
Old 20th January 2009, 08:32   #1010
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
What kind of trading you actually do? If it is delivery, then my pick would be ICICI. Eventhough they charge little higher, its very easy and straight forward.

They do have other deals/ plan for day trading, futures etc, but heard reliance money is cheaper for those.
I just buy shares and sell them in a few weeks/months. No intraday/futures etc. Why I dont like Infoline is that they have some share holding charges and since I just am just stepping in to get a feel I find that everytime I sell some shares (I buy/sell very few) this is just a waste of my money
Old 20th January 2009, 10:36   #1011
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Newbie here:
I my self is doing it with SHCIL and I think they don't have too much charges or any thing as such. I am happy with them and do recommend it.
Old 20th January 2009, 13:21   #1012
BANNED

Benji, my broker charges me something like 250 Per year for maintaining the demat account. It is with NSDL, IIRC - will look up if you want. It does not matter, since only two agencies - SHCIL and NSDL have depositories here. They also impose maximum limits on hat the brokers can charge for the demat account.

I do not pay any other charges except trading brokerage and / or delivery charges - (only a very small percentage of total transaction - approx 0.98% or so).

You can use the account you opened through broker Y for trading through broker X. But broker X will charge you a small transaction fee for such transaction.

If you want accurate figures for account maintaining charges and transaction costs, I will look up my papers and tell you.
Old 20th January 2009, 13:28   #1013
Senior - BHPian

I use ICICIDirect.
I have a question. Hypothetical situation: Suppose ICICIDirect shuts its operations (due to bankruptcy). What will happen to our shares and mutual funds then. Will we be able to trade them on the stock exchange through some other broker.
Old 20th January 2009, 13:56   #1014
Senior - BHPian

ICICI goofed it up big time after the Bombay rains a few years ago. A lot of their documents were lost and they smartly froze all the accounts thus affected and investors couldn't sell any of their shares for several months.
Regarding DCEite's question your shares are your shares - not ICICI's or any other DP's for that matter. Whether they go bankrupt or not they can't do anything with your shares, except hold them. But yes, if they do go bankrupt (after Satyam anything is possible) there might be some temporary confusion but no one can touch your shares.
Global Trust Bank had gone belly up recently but nothing happened to the people who kept their shares with them.

Last edited by Sudipto-S-Team : 20th January 2009 at 14:00.
Old 20th January 2009, 14:06   #1015
BHPian

Yes, sudipto is correct. The shares are actually held by NSDL or CSDL. icici direct is just a broker.
Old 20th January 2009, 14:09   #1016
Senior - BHPian

What exactly are delivery charges? The brokerage charges on India Infoline are about 1%, but when I sell shares I have held a few weeks/months the charges are high relatively. I was just trying out with a few hundred rupees for starters and this thus was confusing!!
Old 20th January 2009, 18:57   #1017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
they can't do anything with your shares, except hold them.
What about cash balance? I am getting tense now !
Old 20th January 2009, 19:53   #1018
BHPian

Any web link to understand how things work in stock market ? I have invested in mutual funds, but never understood how things work.
Old 20th January 2009, 20:28   #1019
BANNED

Ferro - the AMFI or Nat'l stock exchange conducts a course on stock exchanges. The study material is freely downloadable from the net. Please google.
Old 21st January 2009, 00:14   #1020
ECM
BHPian

Two different effects,watch!

First check fut contract of CL,dated 15th,in the box see the jump in price.It looks someone on that day squared his shorts before new govt.takes place!Interesting thing was in NYMEX CL never crossed 39 mark in next 2 days hence a premium of US$4-5 was there between cash and fut price which is uncommon in CL.
Now Today when Mr.Obama's Oath ceremony was about to start Gold started to move up,see hourly chart attached here,this perhaps happened due to banks squaring of shorts in Gold.
Tip:-Always use 321 MA in hourly chart here I have plotted it using a green line in main chart,sell once price go below it,buy when it crosses.
Attached Thumbnails
Do you play the stock market-11.jpg  

Do you play the stock market-12.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks