26 - 50% -- I have a few stocks. 550 44.79%
51 - 75% -- I'm an active trader. 201 16.37%
76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 81 6.60%
Voters: 1228. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2009, 19:47   #1126
BHPian

ECM,
Any good literature on technical? I am not even a beginner in this. Just for my own knowledge gain, i am asking this.
Old 3rd April 2009, 22:23   #1127
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
ECM,
Any good literature on technical? I am not even a beginner in this. Just for my own knowledge gain, i am asking this.
Look around for NCFM study material; a few pages before, or google for it.
Old 4th April 2009, 11:13   #1128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Hi everyone,

Recently, I took a demat account with icicidirect. Two days ago, some one from icicidirect called me up and said after activating the account I must make a trade else my account will be void. I have paid around 900/- towards annual fee and how can my account be closed just like that. I was told this is their policy, I asked to send me an official mail either from his account or from his senior's account mentioning the same.

Also I was informed I can make a trade as little as Rs. 500/- and the account will not be deleted. I can make that trade but I want to know whether such a rule exists are is he trying to give some crap. I am yet to get a mail in this regard. Also if its indeed he is cooking up then I want make the record straight that they cant bluff to customers.

Raj.
Tell ICICI that you intend to shift your accounts - Bank, Demat and trading as well as any FDs and loans, if they try to force you to trade. You can also ask them for a guarantee that they will give you a 5% net profit on any trade(s) you make.

I did not use my HDFC trading & demat accounts for some years and they never had any issues with it.

@vinaydas - just give them any paper they want. If the pages of your passport that you submit do not show that it has expired, it should work fine. In fact, technically speaking - even an expired passport is proof of your identity, unfortunately bureaucrats are just that and might not agree.

Cheers,

Last edited by Ravveendrra : 4th April 2009 at 11:15.
Old 5th April 2009, 01:43   #1129
Senior - BHPian

got it done today!! id proof was attested by a gazetted officer
Old 9th April 2009, 01:43   #1130
Senior - BHPian

started again

Indian market may regain 21,000 levels
Old 9th April 2009, 17:14   #1131
BHPian

It is definitely a bluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Hi everyone,

Recently, I took a demat account with icicidirect. Two days ago, some one from icicidirect called me up and said after activating the account I must make a trade else my account will be void. I have paid around 900/- towards annual fee and how can my account be closed just like that. I was told this is their policy, I asked to send me an official mail either from his account or from his senior's account mentioning the same.

Also I was informed I can make a trade as little as Rs. 500/- and the account will not be deleted. I can make that trade but I want to know whether such a rule exists are is he trying to give some crap. I am yet to get a mail in this regard. Also if its indeed he is cooking up then I want make the record straight that they cant bluff to customers.

Raj.

Hi,

It is not from ICICIDirect but from the DSA agent who sumitted your application to ICICI. Even i got a similar call from the DSA agent, that i should trade within 30days of getting the ICICIDirect Demat account. I have read and re-read the fine print many times before signing the application and i am sure i havent read it anywhere. I asked that person to show me that particular clause of ICCI, else i will be complaining to ICICI about this. Immedately he mumbled an apology and cut the call.

I think these agents get a commision on the stocks we trade, so they force us to trade by telling such irrelavent stuff. I have traded after 3 months of getting my account and it did not get deactivated . If you want to be doubly sure, just call up their customer service and clarify your doubts.

-Pallavi
Old 9th April 2009, 21:31   #1132
Senior - BHPian

Started again - for 15 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post

I read that article in today's paper - It says that Indian Market is a 'baby bull' and will grow for 15 years and that the BSE SENSEX will regain 21K levels - in those 15 years!

Well that is my interpretation of the article.

Cheers,
Old 9th April 2009, 22:16   #1133
BHPian

A corrrection!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallavi View Post
I have traded after 3 months of getting my account and it did not get deactivated .

-Pallavi

It should have been "I have not traded after 3 months of getting my account and it did not get deactivated"

Sorry about the mistake
Old 13th April 2009, 15:11   #1134
Senior - BHPian

See Sensex at 100,000 in 15 yrs: Elliott Wave Int'l

Quote:

Mark Galasiewski, Asian-Pacific Fin Forecast at Elliott Wave International, sees Sensex at 100,000 within 15 years based on technicals and current patterns. He is of the view that October 2008 lows have already been breached by most markets but India did not, which is very significant. "From the pattern perspective, there was only a three wave decline down to the October lows and most of the other major world markets made what we would call a fifth wave or final wave down in this leg of their bear markets, but India is special because it has only three waves down."

Here is a verbatim transcript of Mark Galasiewski’s comments on CNBC-TV18. Also watch the accompanying video.

Q: You seem to be very bullish on India. Looking at the charts of Sensex, what is your target for the Sensex in medium-term as well as the long-term, because you have a 15 year target?

A: We are very bullish, in fact this is going to sound extraordinary to many people but this is all based on technicals and if the patterns we are observing are correct, the implication is Sensex 100,000 within 15 years.

See Sensex at 100,000 in 15 yrs: Elliott Wave Int'l
Old 13th April 2009, 17:16   #1135
BHPian

Problem with HDFC brokerage

Hello dear T-Bhpians,

I hold a demat/trade a/c with HDFC Securities since a few months.I have been observing that the brokerage they charge is something entirely different from what they put on paper.When asked for explanations they say that their system computes it that way and they can't do anything about it.
If they can't ,I want to do something about it to teach them a lesson.

Either my understanding might be wrong or HDFC Sec is cheating with wrong brokerage because my contract notes surely reflects abnormal brokerage.

Going into details:
HDFC charges brokerage of 0.05% on every buy and sell margin transaction with a minimum of Rs.25.
Given that clause,
I sold 1000 shares of 'xyz' company at rs.53.45 in margin.So total amount is 53450.00 INR.
The brokerage should have been Rs 26.725 @0.05%.
But they charged me Rs.30. And taxes are extra.
Now , on the same day I sold another 1000 share of this same 'xyz' company @Rs 57.05 each in margin. So total being 57050 brokerage should have been 28.525. But in this case too they charged me Rs.30 and taxes extra.

Had it been the case with one transaction it might have been passed off.
But, for both the transactions they charged same figure .

And these two are not rare cases, all my contract notes reflect this kind of 'Salami Slicing'. And these tiny droplets one day will make a big pool.
That's why I don't want to take this easy.

I had escalated this to their customer care but their response just sucks.
Their phone lines are engaged all the time and on that rare occasion when I get connected I have to wait for 10-15mins. And thier response is one damn pre-meditated 'our system computes it that way only'.

Please suggest:
What can I do with these thugs? Is it possible to take this kind of petty things to notice of SEBI/Stock exchanges( because the broker is not responding)?
I hope am not making a fuss about silly things.I am really frustrated about this because these kind of small slices from customers money adds upto huge amounts for them at end of day.

Last edited by deetee : 13th April 2009 at 17:18.
Old 13th April 2009, 17:21   #1136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
The brokerage should have been Rs 26.725 @0.05%.
But they charged me Rs.30. And taxes are extra.

Most banks have a minimum charge, the same applies to ICICIDirect as well, they charge a minimum of 30rs per transaction
Old 13th April 2009, 18:17   #1137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by watfor View Post
Most banks have a minimum charge, the same applies to ICICIDirect as well, they charge a minimum of 30rs per transaction
The minimum they quoted in the account opening form is Rs.25.I got it confirmed from customer care too.But still don't know why they are charging different amount.
Old 14th April 2009, 09:30   #1138
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
The minimum they quoted in the account opening form is Rs.25.I got it confirmed from customer care too.But still don't know why they are charging different amount.
Maybe they thought you wouldn't care to ask
Old 14th April 2009, 11:48   #1139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Maybe they thought you wouldn't care to ask
That kind of callous attitude from these big firms is what frustrates me.
Though brokerage is on higher side, I preferrred to stick with them because I expected honesty and reliability.Now both have gone down the drain. Sometimes I feel that am ranting over silly things but these kind of small amounts do add up to huge sums.Thats why I wonder if there is anything one could do to teach them a sound lesson.
Old 20th April 2009, 17:40   #1140
Team-BHP Support

Oracle buys Sun.

Oracle and Sun

Most Viewed