Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2015, 14:51   #916
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post

This looks like a low-life's website. Just checking the Delivery page, and it gives me creeps and boils my blood. So many terms and conditions !! Seriously !
http://www.secondhandbooksindia.com/delivery.php
It's not very professional, but he comes good on deliveries everytime. If you just want an opinion on the service, I've used it hundreds of times.

Edit: I'd never bothered with this page. How are these any less, or more than any e-commerce website???

Last edited by mayankk : 29th September 2015 at 14:59.
Old 29th September 2015, 15:03   #917
Senior - BHPian

Re: Parenthood: Sharing the joy, precious moments, learnings and experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
It's not very professional, but he comes good on deliveries everytime. If you just want an opinion on the service, I've used it hundreds of times.
I don't read books - at all. So I will keep mum.

Speaking from my wife's (big time bookworm, has a mini library) experience, she is a big big time fan of http://www.friendsofbooks.com/store/used-books
I receive atleast 8 books per month from the courier folks.
Old 29th September 2015, 15:06   #918

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Blessed with a daughter on 22nd! Enjoying sleepless nights!
congratulations Saket, even we were blessed with a daughter on 14th Sep. I have already got so used to spending time with her during the paternity leave. Not able to concentrate at work, just keep waiting for it to be evening so that I can go home and cuddle her.
Old 29th September 2015, 15:28   #919
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schakra View Post
congratulations Saket, even we were blessed with a daughter on 14th Sep. I have already got so used to spending time with her during the paternity leave. Not able to concentrate at work, just keep waiting for it to be evening so that I can go home and cuddle her.
Same here! I took a leave of 5-6 days (all I could afford!) but then waiting for the evening is the norm since yesterday as I joined my office.
Old 29th September 2015, 17:10   #920
Senior - BHPian

Parents who have one year olds who are just learning to speak - ask your kid to say "hippopotamus".
You would hear funny words - I have heard one year olds saying "hippo-mathaappi", "hippo-motha-chamocha"
jinojohnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 17:26   #921
Oxy
BHPian

Been buying Flintoboxes for my 4 year old brat for the last three months and he really enjoys them. Quite a good set of activities in there, available for different age groups. Would like to recommend it to everyone here.

Last edited by GTO : 6th January 2017 at 09:37. Reason: Do NOT share referral links on Team-BHP
Old 5th May 2016, 20:27   #922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Been buying Flintoboxes for my 4 year old brat for the last three months and he really enjoys them. Quite a good set of activities in there, available for different age groups. Would like to recommend it to everyone here.
Thanks a lot for sharing this Oxy. Had been wondering how to keep my 4 year old son entertained and this came at the right time!!

Last edited by GTO : 6th January 2017 at 09:37. Reason: Quoted post edited
Old 31st May 2016, 19:38   #923
BHPian

I have been blessed with a baby boy 2 weeks back. The sleepless nights have begun; but I have been secretly enjoying these nights
Old 31st May 2016, 19:58   #924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
I have been blessed with a baby boy 2 weeks back. The sleepless nights have begun; but I have been secretly enjoying these nights
Congrats mate! Welcome to the world of sleepless nights and diaper changing!! As you said, you will end up enjoying them and cherishing each passing day with your new born!
Old 31st May 2016, 20:44   #925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Congrats mate! Welcome to the world of sleepless nights and diaper changing!! As you said, you will end up enjoying them and cherishing each passing day with your new born!
Thank you! Although it sometimes seem very tiring, I'm sure oneday I'll feel its all worth it!
Old 4th November 2016, 05:43   #926
Senior - BHPian

Blessed with a baby girl on November 2nd. Love at first sight all over again. Spend most of the time gazing at her
Old 5th November 2016, 08:55   #927
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Thanks a lot for sharing this Oxy. Had been wondering how to keep my 4 year old son entertained and this came at the right time!!
Hey Abhinav, how was your experience with this?

I would recommend people to try it atleast once. My brat is just hooked and looks forward to the box at the beginning of every month. In fact, if I want him to listen to me, a little threat that the box won't come next month seems to really work

Last edited by GTO : 6th January 2017 at 09:37. Reason: Quoted post edited
Old 7th February 2017, 13:57   #928
BHPian

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...le17205472.ece

Why should the parents / schools be "forced" to have the children vaccinated?

This was in news a few days back when a paediatrician had to seek protection for airing his views on the nexus between vaccine manufactures and doctors.

Link : http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/56711498.cms

When the efficacy / effectiveness / safety has not been 100% proven, why should the kids be vaccinated?

I personally know quite a few cases when the children have become asthmatic after getting vaccinated. Medical science cannot claim it knows better than nature how to treat diseases. There are myriad permutations and combinations in human genome which the vaccine manufacturers / medical fraternity are not aware of. I know there will be many who argue based on few cases being outliers or that the benefits outweigh the risks but then it is a human body that is vaccinated.
Old 7th February 2017, 15:51   #929
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
I know there will be many who argue based on few cases being outliers or that the benefits outweigh the risks but then it is a human body that is vaccinated.
Nature has just one rule, survival of the fittest, with baby bloomers all over, the human genetics is not what it used to be in the times the nature designed us and slowly evolved us as what we are today.

Child mortality was a big problem in 3rd world countries, if vaccination can solve it, I as a parent would opt for it, its sad to see children affected with polio just because their parents were ignorant or had more faith in nature's ways. Though your reaction is justified especially with all the news of trial dose of test drugs and open clinical studies on real patients, I always trust the list of vaccines approved by government.

Pramod
Old 7th February 2017, 16:34   #930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...le17205472.ece

Why should the parents / schools be "forced" to have the children vaccinated?

This was in news a few days back when a paediatrician had to seek protection for airing his views on the nexus between vaccine manufactures and doctors.

Link : http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/56711498.cms

When the efficacy / effectiveness / safety has not been 100% proven, why should the kids be vaccinated?

I personally know quite a few cases when the children have become asthmatic after getting vaccinated. Medical science cannot claim it knows better than nature how to treat diseases. There are myriad permutations and combinations in human genome which the vaccine manufacturers / medical fraternity are not aware of. I know there will be many who argue based on few cases being outliers or that the benefits outweigh the risks but then it is a human body that is vaccinated.
You have answered your concern yourself. The benefits outweigh the risks; simple as that. Sticking to the list of vaccines approved by Govt Medical departments is what one must do. The schools should follow the same thing.
As to the nexus between pharma and doctors, I dont think "pharma-govt" nexus exists.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks