Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2018, 17:16   #946
BHPian

Re: Parenthood: Sharing the joy, precious moments, learnings and experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyata View Post
Congrats!

In general I am very disappointed with Luvlap products and at their current state wouldn't recommend them to anyone. Even their baby wipes are horrible!

Chicoo and Graco seem lot more decent and durable. As suggested by Speedmiester, I too would recommend checking it out physically either at a firstcry or at shopperstop.

Guess what - we tried the Chico and Graco and found them brilliant. However, prices did impact our purchase. We were miserly then and went with a MeMe pram. Similar to what you were looking for. Light weight, foldable, shoulder holstered and reversible handles. We used it from about 14 months till about 36 months and then gave it to a relative who used in for about 24 months. It has come back now and being used by another baby. So managed to squeeze the last drop out of it.

I am not saying others are not good, but do check out some of the lower brands as well.
Old 10th December 2020, 19:56   #947
BHPian

How are you parents getting your kids' vaccination done during these covid times?

We tried looking around and found Cloud Nine is willing to come near us and vaccinate the kids. Have yet to make an appointment with them though - there is an e-consultation to start with (1000/- per kid) and apparently they subsequently send an ambulance to which we take the kids and get them vaccinated.

Our pre-covid vaccinations were largely done at Columbia Asia, Yeshwantpur.
Old 10th December 2020, 20:13   #948
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Our pre-covid vaccinations were largely done at Columbia Asia, Yeshwantpur.
My niece gets her shots at Kangaroo Care in Vijayanagar. We had gone there even during the latter part of the lockdown. They let only one parent and the kid in.

Of course, a prior appointment is needed.

Disclaimer: No affiliations whatsoever.
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 10:27   #949
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see the updates.

I started this thread when my elder boy was a baby. Now he is 14 years old - busy with his teenage friends, online games, books, cycling, studies etc.

The younger boy is 12 years old. He is more of an introvert and sensitive than the elder one.

I miss the good old days when their life revolved around us, though it was more challenging to find time. They are becoming more independent and I am trying my best to keep the attachment intact by spending more time with them. They will be reaching adulthood soon and time lost now cannot be recovered later. Treasuring the current period as they will fly away soon to live their life.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 11th December 2020 at 10:29.
PatienceWins is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 10:50   #950
BHPian

Quote:
How are you parents getting your kids' vaccination done during these covid times?
When I was residing in Bangalore, I used to visit Apollo Hospital Bannerghatta Road for my daughter's vaccination requirements. Now since I have moved out of the metro and currently residing in my hometown which comes under village limits. We have a primary health care center where the mandatory vaccines for children are being administered free of cost which includes a free consultation. They take proper precautions where they let only a child plus one person inside. It is my first visit to this govt health care center and I am thoroughly impressed by the cleanliness and SOP being followed here.

Last edited by DragonHawk : 11th December 2020 at 10:51.
DragonHawk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 13:59   #951
BHPian

Quote:

We have a local clinic here in RT Nagar. They allow only one parent in, and if we take first appointment, there'll not be any others in the clinic. That's what we've been using since August.
the_joker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 22:32   #952

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Nice to see the updates.

I started this thread when my elder boy was a baby. Now he is 14 years old - busy with his teenage friends, online games, books, cycling, studies etc.

The younger boy is 12 years old. He is more of an introvert and sensitive than the elder one.

I miss the good old days when their life revolved around us, though it was more challenging to find time. They are becoming more independent and I am trying my best to keep the attachment intact by spending more time with them. They will be reaching adulthood soon and time lost now cannot be recovered later. Treasuring the current period as they will fly away soon to live their life.

14 year old thread, my mind is blown! Speaks volumes about team bhp's quality.
Old 7th February 2021, 18:23   #953
BHPian

Hi,

My wife has an expected due date around middle of June 2021. For the past 4 months, we have been consulting a gynecologist in Bhatt hospital which is just 10 minutes away from our place of residence in Goregaon (West), Mumbai. My wife will shift to her mother’s place closer to the due date and deliver there. My mother in law stays in Colaba and I need to find a good doctor/hospital where we can consider the delivery. I wanted to check if someone here can suggest a good doctor / hospital which can be considered within a reasonable proximity of Colaba.
Old 8th February 2021, 10:30   #954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
Parents who have one year olds who are just learning to speak - ask your kid to say "hippopotamus".
You would hear funny words - I have heard one year olds saying "hippo-mathaappi", "hippo-motha-chamocha"
Digging out an old one here, but nevertheless!!

When my son started to pick up some words, we used to throw some difficult words at him. Your post reminded me of how he would pronounce Hippopotamus! It was always " Hippo-tote-mus" for him. Happy Birthday to you was "Appy badday pu you". He would sign it in complete rhythm!

Now he is 10 years old and seeing his old videos amazes him as to how things change over a period of time!
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 17:59   #955

For those who are looking for new born diapers - Pampers premium care is the brand you should look out for
A new father here, and a brother of a baby- care category manager with a large retail chain in India. Using it for last 15 days or so, no major complaints.
Old 8th February 2021, 18:11   #956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi.modi05 View Post
For those who are looking for new born diapers - Pampers premium care is the brand you should look out for
A new father here, and a brother of a baby- care category manager with a large retail chain in India. Using it for last 15 days or so, no major complaints.
For 0-3 months, Pampers India does not show the premium care ones. It is only for 3+ months child. Is this correct?

Last edited by manish84 : 8th February 2021 at 18:13.
manish84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 18:15   #957

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish84 View Post
For 0-3 months, Pampers India does not show the premium care ones. It is only for 3+ months child. Is this correct?
I bought it from the local retail store and from Amazon as well. Refer to the link here
Old 1st December 2022, 21:49   #958
Oxy
BHPian

My 10-year-old son weighs 50 kgs, and I am pretty sure that for his age, he's overweight by at least 10 kgs. I feel a pressing need to get his weight sorted now because it worries me that he will be 100 kgs plus by the time he's 15-16 years old at this rate, and that will be an irreversible damage.

Wife thinks I am being paranoid for no reason because he is a growing child. Am I overreacting?
Old 2nd December 2022, 01:54   #959
One
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Am I overreacting?
There have been enough studies done where initial weight in childhood has led to greater chances of issues related to heart etc in later ages. Also apparently it causes emotional and mental issues. There are also studies indicating a tendency of the brain to get hooked to junk food due to eating habits as a child.

Having said this, I few of the fittest folks I have seen were significantly overweight in their years upto adolescence and beyond before they decided to just become fit.

To your question, you are not overreacting. With respect to your child, don't know if he is over weight, tall for his age etc. , but you will know where he stands (in weight) with respect to other kids in his class / energy levels/ general body shape.

If you do think he is, don't make drastic changes in food, activity levels etc. Just starting with small tweaks that you yourself are willing to do will go a long way, simplest being just spending more time everyday outdoors in sun with him.

All the best
One is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 03:53   #960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
My 10-year-old son weighs 50 kgs, and I am pretty sure that for his age, he's overweight by at least 10 kgs. I feel a pressing need to get his weight sorted now because it worries me that he will be 100 kgs plus by the time he's 15-16 years old at this rate, and that will be an irreversible damage.

Wife thinks I am being paranoid for no reason because he is a growing child. Am I overreacting?
Overracting will depend on how you are interacting with your child !
It is good to be aware of things as they are and that they might need to be altered a bit. But do not make your child feel bad about it.

As others said, kids keep on changing. Some absolute terrors in their childhoods turned out to be well behaved sorted in life individuals. While some so called obedient ones became rebels later on.

If you feel the diet can do with some tweaks then by all means do so. But also keep in mind that some individuals are naturally heavily built. Nothing wrong with that.
download2live is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks