Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2016, 21:00   #2191

Hi BHPians.

I am looking for an opportunity to associate with any oil and gas construction (EPCI) firm in India or abroad. I'm having 5 years of experience in jacket and topside installation and heavy lift projects. Any leads or reference would be of great help.

Thanks.
Old 21st July 2016, 00:02   #2192
BHPian

Re: The "Jobs available in my organisation" thread

Hi BHPians.

my cousin who is an Mechanical Engineer(2016) is looking for the opportunity to work on the core company he is even ok if its a startup.

His skills are mentioned below and any BHPians have any leads would be appreciated.

Technical experience.

AutoCAD (2007-15 versions)
Creo Parametric (ProE-5)
Ansys 16.2.
Adobe Photoshop.
Adobe Illustrator.
Corel Draw X7
Adobe After Effects CS6.
Old 21st July 2016, 00:08   #2193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
Not sure if this is the right thread.

I was at a Ford A.S.S yesterday and was chatting with the mechanic who was repairing my car. He has about 11 years of experience in this field. He said he recently passed 10th in open education and is looking for a job that gives him a decent salary.

Any pointers on what he can do?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Shifu,

I'm looking for a mechanic with experience in Hyderabad for setting up a workshop.
Based on your talk with him, would he be interested if the remuneration is higher?
Do let me know.

Cheers,
Deepak
Old 24th July 2016, 12:11   #2194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Anyone who is into Gadgets/ Games/Electronics and is looking for a Job In Mumbai, Send me a PM, Both freshers and experienced people are welcome,

Work place would be lower parel, Will provide more information via PM.
Hello. I cannot find the option to PM you. Might be interested in what you're offering (have been writing about gadgets part-time for over two years.) Please PM me or send an email through my profile.
Old 25th July 2016, 00:39   #2195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ads295 View Post
Hello. I cannot find the option to PM you. Might be interested in what you're offering (have been writing about gadgets part-time for over two years.) Please PM me or send an email through my profile.
Since you are a newbie you can't PM me, I have emailed you though, you can check it and let me know, Ill also email you my contact number.
Old 26th July 2016, 20:04   #2196
Distinguished - BHPian

Required: IIS Administrator in Hyderabad

Link:
http://u.rfer.us/IBEXGD3Gms

Required:
Minimum 7+ years of Relevant experience into IIS Administration

Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
  • Skills to work in team and collaborative environment
  • Customer/Vendor interaction & co-ordinations
· Configuring ASP .NET applications.
· Configuring FTP/SMTP
· Moving content and configuration changes from Staging/UAT Environment to production
· Configuring COM+ applications
· Deploying the customer websites in IIS Server
· Configuring SSL
· Performing IIS migrations
. .NET security patches
· Configuring Load balancing /Clustering/Fail over (e.g. BIG IP, Windows load balancing)
· Performance monitoring ,IIS Hardening and Tuning
· Log Analyzing.
· Maintenance and trouble shooting of customer IIS web servers.
· Disk Monitoring/Housekeeping
· Scripting for alerting and automatic archive of old logs
· Code review according to the company compliance policies
· Troubleshooting replication issues in Application centre, Repliweb, Site server, Reflection
· Monitoring Site scope/Hobbit
· URL scan configuration
· Coordination with Intel teams for Migrations/DNS configurations,changes,pathches
· Coordination with DB team for migrations configuring databases as per application
Old 27th July 2016, 14:32   #2197
BHPian

Looking for a car service advisor from a reputed workshop (OEM preferred) with a minimum of 4-5 years experience.

Job functions:
- Troubleshoot vehicle issues
- Proficient in the use of OBD scanner
- Can perform on spot repairs such as oil change, spark plug change etc.
- Can work on any type of vehicles in the small, mid-car & mini SUV segments

Generous remuneration in the form of salary & equity
Old 28th July 2016, 16:11   #2198
Senior - BHPian

Apple is hiring for quite a lot of senior roles in tech and retail. Please PM me if you want to be referred.

Note - the "years of experience" cited in the job postings are often years in that specific type of role, rather than total work experience.

So if a posting asks for a team manager with 5 years that's five years of actually managing teams in that specific area of expertise.

Fun place to work and your colleagues are generally brilliant.

http://www.apple.com/jobs/in/
Old 28th July 2016, 19:25   #2199
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Apple is hiring for quite a lot of senior roles in tech and retail. Please PM me if you want to be referred.

Note - the "years of experience" cited in the job postings are often years in that specific type of role, rather than total work experience.

So if a posting asks for a team manager with 5 years that's five years of actually managing teams in that specific area of expertise.

Fun place to work and your colleagues are generally brilliant.

http://www.apple.com/jobs/in/
I may just be using their search filters wrong, but I couldn't find many India postings.

Would you be able to shed some light on the kind of openings available? Can take this to PM if you prefer.
Old 28th July 2016, 19:38   #2200
Senior - BHPian

Hi - try the "get started" link on that page. I show a total of 54 job openings (which really doesn't sound like much but most if not all these are for reasonably senior positions)

This link might work to take you directly to the job listing - else feel free to pm me. https://jobs.apple.com/in/search?#&t...&lo=0*IND&pN=0

Last edited by hserus : 28th July 2016 at 19:46. Reason: edited # of job postings some new ones seem to be posted
Old 28th July 2016, 20:51   #2201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Some openings in C#, .Net, Core Java.
Please refer to the attached document for more details.
I also work in Philips Manyata. We can meet if you are free some time
Old 1st August 2016, 00:03   #2202
BHPian

This is an off-topic one, but would really love to get the right advice. How is Business Transformation profile in current industry situation. (I guess BT is similar to Management consultancy, the only difference being in BT, we do it for the same company, and MC is done by various consultancy firms to other companies, eg Delloite, E&Y, etc.)(pl correct me if I am wrong)

How is BT/management consultancy firms doing these days? Is it still growing and has the potential like it used to have earlier?

How is BT or any private job compared to govt. public sector jobs. I know that government can't provide a very high salary, but central government and public sectors provide a decent package with a very important advantage - stability, at the times of rescission or even an earth quake. Does government job salary also increase decently on a longer run?
Old 1st August 2016, 11:31   #2203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
This is an off-topic one, but would really love to get the right advice. How is Business Transformation profile in current industry situation. (I guess BT is similar to Management consultancy, the only difference being in BT, we do it for the same company, and MC is done by various consultancy firms to other companies, eg Delloite, E&Y, etc.)(pl correct me if I am wrong)
Business transformation roles usually have a significant element of process improvement, efficiency measures etc as part of the role. Management consulting is a bigger catch all term which includes other competencies in addition to BT

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
How is BT or any private job compared to govt. public sector jobs. I know that government can't provide a very high salary, but central government and public sectors provide a decent package with a very important advantage - stability, at the times of rescission or even an earth quake. Does government job salary also increase decently on a longer run?
I think you said it yourself, private sector jobs are increasingly about what skills you have, how are they relevant to the company and whether you are delivering. Job security is a thing of the past especially in high tech. Salaries in the govt sector have improved by leaps and bounds and at the entry level, its competitive with the private sector. However do not expect astronomical packages at the senior level that one sees in the pvt sector
Old 1st August 2016, 12:54   #2204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Business transformation roles usually have a significant element of process improvement, efficiency measures etc as part of the role. Management consulting is a bigger catch all term which includes other competencies in addition to BT

However do not expect astronomical packages at the senior level that one sees in the pvt sector
Thank you for the details. So BT is just a function/part of Management consulting? I was into sales, marketing earlier and recently shifted to BT role (As you told, in BT I am mostly into process improvement, change management, project management, etc,) also at the same time I got a government job (public sector). So my worry is that I don't know the future scope for BT. I thought I can move to management consulting (As When I searched for BT managers in naukri.com, I could find very less opportunities, but there were more opportunities for management consulting and I dont know which other roles can be tried if I am in BT role) , but it seems MC is very high level and moving from BT to MC will be difficult?

Kindly provide any information you have regarding BT. Does all companies have BT role? I am very much worried that, in case in future, something goes wrong to my job, I should get enough vacancies as otherwise I will regret deeply my decision not to join government job.

Last edited by petrol_power : 1st August 2016 at 12:57.
Old 26th August 2016, 23:39   #2205
Senior - BHPian

Anyone has experience at amazon?
I have heard lots of scary stories about terrible work pressure causing burn-out and leading people to quit.
Also, does Amazon fire people pretty soon because of relatively poor performance?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks