Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2020, 22:35   #706
BHPian

Re: Which bank to open an account in?

I am quite surprised by the past posts about HDFC customer care.
I have been using their credit card for past two years now, and it has been an amazing experience. Any issues, if at all, have been sorted out promptly and to my satisfaction. Coupons and vouchers are a benefit too.
Have been banking with Bank of Baroda for two decades now. No issues there. Mom's an employee and handles everything
Old 23rd October 2020, 13:38   #707
BHPian

How is IDFC First Bank? My RM from Yes Bank (idle account now) has transferred to IDFC First Bank and was asking to open an account there. Not really sure considering the Yes Bank fiasco.
Old 24th October 2020, 08:13   #708
Team-BHP Support

Got this SMS from Axis Bank today morning. What gives?

The older card had expired and this card was activated a ~week ago. I tried to do an online transaction too [just to check] but the payment did not go through.
Attached Thumbnails
Which bank to open an account in?-whatsapp-image-20201024-07.55.08.jpeg  

Old 24th October 2020, 09:28   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Got this SMS from Axis Bank today morning. What gives?

The older card had expired and this card was activated a ~week ago. I tried to do an online transaction too [just to check] but the payment did not go through.
There was a RBI circular earlier this year that new/re-issued cards would be enabled for POS and ATM transactions by default.

https://m.rbi.org.in//Scripts/Notifi...d=11788&Mode=0

For other modes of transaction, you will need to make an update ( I generally do it using net banking).
Old 20th November 2020, 11:14   #710
BHPian

Any IndusInd account holders here? How has been your experience?
Based on some recent search, seems they have the highest FD rates (to the tune of 7% p.a.) amongst the well known banks. I am currently heavily dependent on one bank for my deposits and want to pull out some money considering the 5 lac insurance limit from RBI.
Old 6th December 2020, 13:48   #711
BHPian

How safe is it to open a locker account with Equitas small finance bank? Will the valuables be fine in case bank goes bust in future?
Old 6th December 2020, 23:40   #712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
Based on some recent search, seems they have the highest FD rates (to the tune of 7% p.a.) amongst the well known banks. I am currently heavily dependent on one bank for my deposits and want to pull out some money considering the 5 lac insurance limit from RBI.
I've had an Indusind bank account for more than 2 years now. You can have an ordinary, exclusive or a pioneer account depending on your total investment with the bank.
They have some really innovative products (debit cards with no mark up fee, choose your own account no., choose the denomination of the currency for atm withdrawals, etc.) Service requests are handled quite promptly too. However, a lot would depend on your RM as would be the case with any similar bank.
AK79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 13:37   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK79 View Post
I've had an Indusind bank account for more than 2 years now. You can have an ordinary, exclusive or a pioneer account depending on your total investment with the bank.
They have some really innovative products (debit cards with no mark up fee, choose your own account no., choose the denomination of the currency for atm withdrawals, etc.) Service requests are handled quite promptly too. However, a lot would depend on your RM as would be the case with any similar bank.
Thanks. I opened an account with them couple of weeks back and it has been a good experience so far. They are pretty fast I must say.
I gave them all the necessary account opening details on a Thursday and by Sunday, I had received the welcome kit and a debit card with my name printed on it.
Old 12th February 2021, 07:17   #714
Senior - BHPian

I had a dormant account lying with HDFC Bank. I should have closed it. They started levying a low-balance fee of Rs 600 per month, pre-dated from Nov 2020. They should have at least communicated to me about this charge. Can this be reversed? Whats the recourse other than paying?
Old 12th February 2021, 07:49   #715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
My Dad opened an account with IndusInd bank last month, to get benefit of 7% FD rates. He immediately opened an FD and ensured that maturity value doesn’t cross 5 lacs.

He was also asked to keep minimum balance for 20k for first 2 months of account opening. So far so good.
Old 12th February 2021, 07:59   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I had a dormant account lying with HDFC Bank. I should have closed it. They started levying a low-balance fee of Rs 600 per month, pre-dated from Nov 2020. They should have at least communicated to me about this charge. Can this be reversed? Whats the recourse other than paying?
I had a similar experience with Kotak Mahindra Bank a few years ago. When I approached the branch to close my account, they offered to waive the charges if I chose to retain the account and fulfill their minimum balance requirements. Worth a shot.
SedateMotorhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2021, 20:34   #717
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Citibank is closing retail operations in India.

https://m.businesstoday.in/story/bre.../1/436714.html
Old 21st April 2021, 15:33   #718
BHPian

I have salary account in HDFC and planning to move to SBI. I do not see any special benefits in holding salary account of HDFC bank when compared with SBI.

Following two benefits of SBI salary account got me thinking to move to SBI:
1. Complimentary Personal Accident Insurance (Death) cover up to Rs. 20 Lakhs.
2. Overdraft equivalent to 2 Months Net Salary (Currently available for select customers only).

These are not must have but good to have benefits.
jeygani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 16:26   #719
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeygani View Post
I have salary account in HDFC and planning to move to SBI. I do not see any special benefits in holding salary account of HDFC bank when compared with SBI.
I have accounts in both SBI and HDFC while HDFC is my salary account. I can assure you that the customer service of HDFC is miles ahead of SBI and for the two benefits you can mention, I dont see them convincing enough to switch. Especially if your HDFC account is a corporate account, then you are assured of top notch service. Maybe you can negotiate with HDFC for better privileges on your existing account so that you dont have to close it down. Dealing with SBI for me has been pretty annoying since they require you to visit branch for various things and they havent even been able to update my PAN in their records due to this. Once they delivered a debit card to my house, and expected me to collect the PIN from the branch manager. I used to travel abroad all the time and went to the branch manager after three months. She looks at me like I have committed a sin. Then after I told her she can close my account then she says just send an SMS and you get a OTP to activate the card and PIN.

In the last six years of holding the HDFC account, I havent visited the branch even once, and dont even know where this branch is since the account was opened through my company and I dont know the place where the branch is located.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2021, 06:07   #720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeygani View Post

Following two benefits of SBI salary account got me thinking to move to SBI:
1. Complimentary Personal Accident Insurance (Death) cover up to Rs. 20 Lakhs.
2. Overdraft equivalent to 2 Months Net Salary (Currently available for select customers only).

What are the interest rates for overdraft ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks