Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2011, 13:03   #3556
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
2, Chicken Biriyani &-Priced at Rs 135,This was great.

This is certainly a VFM restaurant, but please dont ever try his biriyani.
Waseem Bhai, I see two contradictory statements in your post. Are you referring to Zurna's Biryani? I am confused as you said its great and at the same time, said Don't ever try his biryani.
Old 12th August 2011, 13:06   #3557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Waseem Bhai, I see two contradictory statements in your post. Are you referring to Zurna's Biryani? I am confused as you said its great and at the same time, said Don't ever try his biryani.
Nikhil Anna,

I was referring to Baba Chulha's Biriyani.
Old 12th August 2011, 14:38   #3558
Senior - BHPian

Gave Megacity a try today for sambar rice, and found it to be very tasty. As I was alone, I took only half a plate for Rs 68, and it was just enough for a light lunch.

Will go there again soon, whenever I get that craving for good sambar.
Old 12th August 2011, 21:17   #3559
BHPian

Pista House Haleem was very nice today.

It came in a Baskin Robbins tType sealed carton unlike the plain bland white boxes like earlier times.

Good amount of green chillies to give the right kick.

Did not get a single piece of any dry fruit, be it cashew or any thing else.

Got many pieces of black pepper.

One thing was that there were many bones and those too big ones.

That gave me a great comfort level that all the bones were clearly identifiable as goat bones.

Pista House Haleem Rocks!!!
Old 12th August 2011, 21:59   #3560
Senior - BHPian

Ordered Methi Chaman from Hub for dinner today to go wth home-made rotis.

Was surprised that the taste was not upto the mark (it was always consistent earlier), and the cost shot up to Rs 165 from the earlier Rs 120!

I also came to know that Hub has shifted to somewhere near Chutneys on Banjara Hills, which means it is no longer walkable from my place.
Old 13th August 2011, 11:46   #3561
Distinguished - BHPian

Dinner was Maharaja Indian Combo from Ohri's at Central Mall and Mutton Tikka Roll from BC

The combo was nice with one roti, chicken curry, dal makhni, Biryani rice, Raitha and Sweet.

I didnt eat the sweet. All items were very good except the rice which was dry and tasteless

What is there to say about BC roll. It rocks !!!
Old 15th August 2011, 10:52   #3562
BHPian

a)Lunch-Desi Mexican Khaana @Chapatto(Gachibowli)

Items ordered:-

Fajita- Mutton Seekh - Lots of beans ,rice ..more of a buritto i guess
Soft Tacos- Mutton Seekh-this was nice ( though they overfilled it with lettuce)
Papad with Salsa-apna desi fried papad with salsa sauce..

Total bill for 2- INR 370..

Ok for one time experience ,no great shakes quite frankly..

b)Dinner- Open air terrace - eat street ,necklace road

What i really like about this place is the nice view of the lake ,cheap alternative to the adjacent water front

Limited menu and slow service are like a thumbs down

Items ordered:-

Sweet corn chicken soup
Chilly Chicken
Butter chicken
Naan

Food is nice ,total bill was INR 500 for 3 (VFM for sure)

This place definitely has potential to be more up market
Old 15th August 2011, 18:47   #3563
Senior - BHPian

Sizzlers.

With the yoko's sizzlers not available we wanted to find options where we can have nice sizzlers. Thanks to Waseem bhai we headed to Palace Heights (with main agenda to have only sizzlers, which got diluted in the end......... lol!!!)
Items ordered:
1. Sweet corn chicken soup (1/2) - 90
2. Waldorf Salad - 95
3. Chicken steak sizzler - 350

total - 535
tax, etc - 94 (yeah!!! felt looted by the govt but we have to live with that!!)

Grand total - 629/- for two.

Sweet corn chicken soup was ok.
Waldorf salad was good but they better change the name to something else!!
Chicken sizzler, we really appreciated it.

We had 100 degrees in mind for sizzlers. And Waseem bhai also recommended it. Thats for the next time.
Old 15th August 2011, 19:58   #3564
BHPian

We tried the Haleem from Paradise yesterday and to our surprise we liked it better than the Pista House which we had last week.

The Pista House was from their Hitec city counter and Paradise was from their take away counter.
Old 15th August 2011, 23:49   #3565
BHPian

Ate 555 haleem earlier tonight.Could not finish even half of one portion. Somehow my interest in haleem is fading with every season. Few years ago I used to eat haleem 20 out of 30 days, even go to old city to eat the original Pista House haleem and alos try out all those places starting from Bahar and then go from Nampally / Boggulakunta upto beyond Charminar but this year I so far *tried* (few spoonfuls) only 3 times - Sarvi, 555 and Pista House. Nothing to write home about.
Old 16th August 2011, 10:38   #3566
Senior - BHPian

Ordered Chicken Biriyani (large) from Deccan @ Somajiguda on Saturday for dinner.

The biriyani was good, but a bit on the spicier side.

Rs 218.

Thanks Venu Sir for this lead.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had been to Mayabazaar on Sunday evening for dinner (SILVERWOOD+3) and ordered

1,Chilly Garlic Potato
2,Veg Spring Rolls
3,Nizami Handi
4,Daal Makhni
5,Zeera Rice &
5,Assorted bread.

I never knew Mayabazaar would be a heaven for Veg food.Daal Makhni was the star dish.Nizami handi and starters were also great.
Old 16th August 2011, 13:13   #3567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Ordered Chicken Biriyani (large) from Deccan @ Somajiguda on Saturday for dinner.

The biriyani was good, but a bit on the spicier side.

Rs 218.

Thanks Venu Sir for this lead.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had been to Mayabazaar on Sunday evening for dinner (SILVERWOOD+3) and ordered

1,Chilly Garlic Potato
2,Veg Spring Rolls
3,Nizami Handi
4,Daal Makhni
5,Zeera Rice &
5,Assorted bread.

I never knew Mayabazaar would be a heaven for Veg food.Daal Makhni was the star dish.Nizami handi and starters were also great.

Actually, I got the lead about Deccan from Mrs. Downsouth. Have been using it on and off for the past year, and it never let us down.

Will give Zurma a shot this week.

BTW, where is Mayabazaar?
Old 16th August 2011, 13:19   #3568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

BTW, where is Mayabazaar?
Mayabazaar is just before Karkhana PS, if you are coming from SC.
Old 16th August 2011, 15:16   #3569
Senior - BHPian

Three places over the weekend,and my experience:

1.Rajdhani:they are back to their original best,amazing food,their independence weekend was priced at inr 265,but worth every penny.

2.CHinese Pavilion:yet another place that is far ahead of the rat race.Barbecue chicken,chinese pavilion rice,chicken in hoi sin sauce.amazing food and no service charge.Bill for three was INR 855

3.Paradise just couldnt accomodate the huge rush on 14th aug and the security was literally pleading with people to go elsewhere.We ended up at Pickles at Baseraa,Secunderabad

4.Basera-Pathetic Service,horrible food and terrible attitude and to top it and a princely 15% service charge.Never again to the place,its curtains for us as far as the entire Ohris chain is concerned.Buffet at 375+TAXES+15% SVC CHARGE+Lurking around for tip.They have waiters who lurk around for tips,then there is the doorman who keeps salaaming you for the tip(irritating),then there is the valet who keeps looking at your wallet,and then they have an added irritant in the form of some guy who is supposed to be opening the passenger side doors for the guests and keeps looking at the driver side to see if my hands are going into the pocket.Imagine if this is not irritating then nothing is.This was our 2nd visit in the same week and same experience,i had a good mind to give the manager a piece of my mind for charging me that 15% service charge,but better sense prevailed and i have raised through the appropriate forum of fb,which compels them to take notice.Bill for three was INR 1485+++

5.Paradise-Amazing yummylicious biriyani served hot.Lovely service,quick and efficient.it is just no wonder peopl throng the place.Meal for 3 cost us INR 805,double ka meetha was yummy and so was the garlic kabab

6.Maya Bazaar-Opted for a veg lunch and service with a smile and quick and efficient.The Dal Tadka was amazing and so was his Paneer Chilly.Bill for two came up to INR 340.

OT:Sind Punjab is our favorite for paneer and kulfi now a days.their kulfi is mind blowing priced at inr35 a stick.their shrikhand is another amazing offering
Old 16th August 2011, 15:17   #3570
Senior - BHPian

Baba Chulha and Pepper Pods

Finally I had the chance to taste the famed BC roll (veg. of course) on Friday night at Appuville. I concur with the majority opinion here. BC rolls rock!

-----------------------------

Yesterday 5 (+1 kid) of us from the family went to Pepper Pods near Hanuman Temple (Karkhana) for lunch and ordered the following items -

Hot and sour veg. soup - 2/3
Tangy potato
Shanghai rolls
Hara bhara kebab
Devil's Own (Chinese gravy curry)
Dal tadka
Pepper Pods roti tokri
(green chilly roti, red chilly roti, pudina rumali roti and two other types whose names I forget now)

I didn't taste the soup so I don't know how it was.

The starters were all very good.

The rotis were excellent in taste although some might find them a tad thick.

The Chinese veg. gravy dish was OK. Interestingly the combination of roti and Chinese was something which took the waiters (and a few amongst us) by surprise!

I thought the dal tadka was OK, until the ladies pointed out that the jeera in the tadka was fried black (not even deep brown).

The ladies of the house took the waiters and management to task for a bunch of reasons - slow service, over-fried tadka and non-availability of paneer on a holiday!

Total damages - INR 1040 courtesy of 15% off for HDFC credit card holders (HSBC and ICICI Mastercard holders can also avail this discount. Discount until Dec. 31, 2011, except on 24th and 25th December).

We didn't find it overwhelmingly special enough to go there again just for the heck of it, but if we're in the vicinity and feeling very hungry and want to have "normal" food (not the McD in the ground floor) I for one wouldn't mind a revisit.

Regards,
spadix

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks