Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2011, 19:10   #3466
Senior - BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Yesterday I dined at "Taste of Darkness" in "Dialogue in the Dark" at Inorbit Mall in Madhapur.
Darn, that mall is right in front of my office window and I did not know about this joint, nor was I aware of Creamstone. Looks like I need to visit more often!
Old 22nd July 2011, 12:22   #3467
Senior - BHPian

Update-

Bahaar cafe to open a new branch (4 storied) @ Begumpet by this year end.

Source-Todays DC.
Old 22nd July 2011, 13:52   #3468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Update-

Source-Todays DC.
Today saw a Bahaar hoarding on the same side of the road as that of Shah Ghouse near RTA office toli chowki. Decor works appear to be in completion stages.

Is Bahaar opening a branch at this location also?
Old 22nd July 2011, 14:50   #3469
BHPian

Quote:
Update-

Source-Todays DC.
The board of Bahar next to Pantaloons and opposite IOC petrol pump has been there for the past near one year with simply no progress or construction of the building.
Old 23rd July 2011, 16:24   #3470
BHPian

Rayalseema Ruchulu

I tried to google the restaurant on this thread but could not come up with any specific list of dishes that are more recommended there.

It is too late in the day to ask since I need to know for tonight's dinner, especially it being a weekend and not many would be online, but still, any pointers on what to order and what not to order, keeping in view that all the diners are strictly vegetarian?
Old 23rd July 2011, 16:33   #3471
BHPian

Quote:
Rayalseema Ruchulu

I tried to google the restaurant on this thread but could not come up with any specific list of dishes that are more recommended there.

It is too late in the day to ask since I need to know for tonight's dinner, especially it being a weekend and not many would be online, but still, any pointers on what to order and what not to order, keeping in view that all the diners are strictly vegetarian?
Strictly veg, you say? Damn. That is gonna be difficult as RR caters mostly to the non-veggies. You can try raagi mudda / jonna rotte with stuffed brinjal (gutti vankaya curry) or mushroom curry / masala. Their veg thaali is good too. Basic rule at RR is try the dishes in the Andhra style / rayalaseema style section only. No point in ordering chinese or other stuff.

If only you were a non-veggie I would have listed out all the great items on the menu. The place is owned by my friend.

Last edited by NoRules : 23rd July 2011 at 16:35.
Old 23rd July 2011, 17:26   #3472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Strictly veg, you say? Damn. That is gonna be difficult as RR caters mostly to the non-veggies. You can try raagi mudda / jonna rotte with stuffed brinjal (gutti vankaya curry) or mushroom curry / masala. Their veg thaali is good too. Basic rule at RR is try the dishes in the Andhra style / rayalaseema style section only. No point in ordering chinese or other stuff.

If only you were a non-veggie I would have listed out all the great items on the menu. The place is owned by my friend.
Thanks.

Well, I am a non veg and a very hard core one at that. Do not think chicken is non veg and generally avoid it in favour of other non veg stuff.

However, I am the only non veg in the group and can maximum order one dish while all the rest are veggies hence the need to know the veg fare there.

Thanks once again.
Old 24th July 2011, 09:36   #3473
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Would love to know what dishes you consider as great items. Sometimes their dishes are good and sometimes pretty average

Btw, I know Uttam as well. He is a common friend and we partyed together a few times.

Quote:
Rayalseema Ruchulu

the diners are strictly vegetarian?
Why would you want to go to RR if you are having a veg fare? Scores of good veg restuarants to enjoy a good meal. But, like Norules said, Ragi Sankati, Jonna Roti and Gutti Vankaya Curry ( my fav) is the only way to go.

Otherwise, they make a decent Gongura Mutton, Chapa Vepudu and Natikodi Pulusu
Old 25th July 2011, 10:03   #3474
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday morning i ordered 1 Chicken and 1 Mutton Biriyani from Clay Pot.Got a call from Clay pot after an hour asking if they can deliver 2 chicken biriyani, reason being the mutton they received from the vendor is not good.I gave my nod and they delivered the same around 1:15 pm, neatly packed with raita and salaan.

The biriyani was delivered cold and it was a bit on the spicier side as well.It was not an authentic dum biriyani, but nevertheless the taste was good.

Will try their Mutton biriyani tomorrow for sure.

Total Damages-Rs 280.

BTW- i got my Lipid profile done on Saturday which was long overdue.It is under control.
Old 25th July 2011, 22:46   #3475
BHPian

Was traveling back from Bachupally to Banjara Hills via Madhapur in the afternoon and decided to have lunch at Punjabi Masala, Madhapur. Ate there couple of times earlier, more than a year ago and remember the food was simple and nice and the place was packed.

However when we reached there today, the place was totally empty. Me and my friend were little skeptical and wanted to go to Shanghai Chef next door but decided to give it a go.

Ordered:

Roti - Thicker than most rotis I had. Did not enjoy eating them. 125/-
Chicken Tawa boneless - Bad. Very bad. Had no taste or flavor. 64/-
Dal fry - Did not know someone could screw up something as basic as dal fry. 55/-

Am never going back there.
Old 26th July 2011, 12:58   #3476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Roti - Thicker than most rotis I had. Did not enjoy eating them. 125/-
Chicken Tawa boneless - Bad. Very bad. Had no taste or flavor. 64/-
Dal fry - Did not know someone could screw up something as basic as dal fry. 55/-
Probably it was a typo.

Roti should be Rs 64 and Chicken Tawa boneless should be Rs 125.

Thanks for the update.
Old 26th July 2011, 13:56   #3477
Senior - BHPian

Ordered 3 chicken biriyani from Clay pot for lunch.

The biriyani was delivered hot and was great this time.Medium spicy with loads of chicken peices in each pot.

The quantity was good to suffice 5 hungry souls.

Total Damages-Rs 440 including tips.
Old 26th July 2011, 14:30   #3478
BHPian

Quote:
Probably it was a typo.

Roti should be Rs 64 and Chicken Tawa boneless should be Rs 125.

Thanks for the update.
Oopsie. May bad. It is a typo.
Old 26th July 2011, 15:15   #3479
Senior - BHPian

These days we've been getting puris for pani puri from Kesava Reddy Sweets in Kondapur and preparing stuff at home. Their puris are just so huge, crisp and awesome I thought it's worth a mention here!

Also a shout-out to a certain bandi selling green chillis at the Kukatpally rythu bazaar. We normally exhaust 200 gms of green chillis in like a week or less. But the ones we get from this outlet last 4 times as long because of their astounding potency. We literally have to use only 1/4 to 1/3 of the regular dose we use and even that sees us palpitating and gasping for water/sugar/ghee/salt etc. to reduce the burning.

If any of you are fans of green chillis and would like to sample these let me know and I'll attempt to describe the exact location of the bandi.

Regards,
spadix
Old 26th July 2011, 20:53   #3480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Would love to know what dishes you consider as great items. Sometimes their dishes are good and sometimes pretty average

Btw, I know Uttam as well. He is a common friend and we partyed together a few times.
Otherwise, they make a decent Gongura Mutton, Chapa Vepudu and Natikodi Pulusu
Hey, nice to know Uttam is your friend too.

RR does not really figure on the top of my to-go list but it is not bad either but yeah, may be great was a bit too much. Few times i ate there I had thaali, raagi mudda with naatu kodi pulusu / rayalaseema mutton, jonna rotte with gongura mutton, chapa vepudu (you named the good dishes already :P).

During my house warming in Feb last year I got the catering for lunch done by Apeksha Caterers, catering division of RR, run by Uttam's wife and they served a good fare, gongura mutton being the best dish. But they disappointed for the dinner. They got all the starters pre-cooked and just microwaved them before serving. I told Uttam clearly that was the last time I would ever opt for catering from them unless they cook on the spot and serve fresh and hot. One reason could be that Apeksha caterers were new at that time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks