Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2012, 14:31   #4216
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Today is my last Day of eating normal food. Will be fasting for Navaratris starting tomorrow. Will now watch new deals and use them once Navaratris are completed.
Old 22nd March 2012, 22:11   #4217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post

P.s: Anybody knows a red wagonr with LTD sticker on boot door. Saw it yesterday at first lancer in evening around 6:40p.m opposite to Alfa bakery ?
Post that in the other thread and you might get a response. I see 4 cars daily in my office block, but none of the owners seems to be familiar.

Looks like stickers are freely available.
Old 23rd March 2012, 19:47   #4218
BHPian

Calling the attention of all the gurus and maha gurus of the food thread in Hyderabad to help list out the restaurants / messes / hotels / eating places / take-aways / home deliveries which cater 100 % pure Navaratari compliant food, be it a-la-carte or thali or even buffet or tiffin!
Old 23rd March 2012, 21:15   #4219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Calling the attention of all the gurus and maha gurus of the food thread in Hyderabad to help list out the restaurants / messes / hotels / eating places / take-aways / home deliveries which cater 100 % pure Navaratari compliant food, be it a-la-carte or thali or even buffet or tiffin!
I know of one place i.e Bikanerwala. I had its thali last time in last navratris.

I guess Ohri should also be offering, though not sure.
Old 23rd March 2012, 23:42   #4220
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Also, "34 Chowringhee Lane" , the Kathi rolls outlet opened yesterday at First lancer, just besides the Khaja Mansion hall .
Rs 75 for a lemon chicken roll.

The roti was nice and thick. Cooked really well.
Cooked in a lot of oil.
There is no separate work area for veg and non-veg.
Some space inside the Khaja Mansion parking area for dine in.

I liked it and may repeat in future.
Old 23rd March 2012, 23:58   #4221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi

Post that in the other thread and you might get a response.
Nobody replies there as well Venu sir,so thought will post here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller
Try the new Rajdhani outlet at the Qmart building Bajaj sa'ab. They have a Jain thali as well, so they must have something for the Navratra too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost
Rs 75 for a lemon chicken roll.
The roti was nice and thick. Cooked really well.
Cooked in a lot of oil.
There is no separate work area for veg and non-veg.
Some space inside the Khaja Mansion parking area for dine in.

I liked it and may repeat in future.
Nice,will give them a try after the Navratra. BTW what color is your wagonr?
Old 24th March 2012, 00:01   #4222
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Nice,will give them a try after the Navratra. BTW what color is your wagonr?
Pearl Silver and although I am the only one who drives it, it technically belongs to my wife.
Old 26th March 2012, 15:33   #4223
Senior - BHPian

Was at Mainland China,Madhapur on two occassions the past week.Once it was the ala-carte and the other time it was for their lunch buffet.Must admit the food has been mind blowing.Service is top notch and attention to detail is lovely as well.

On the pricing front,the ala-carte is definitely very expensive.Dishes are all priced at INR 340 and above.The buffet is priced at INR 450 per head (all inclusive).There is a service charge of 10% when you order ala carte,while there is no service charge when you opt for the buffet.

I would opt for the buffet any day.Not every day that one gets to run into a pure unadulterated Chinese & Oriental buffet.

PS:I personally did not like the Begumpet outlet for both service and taste and the interiors,but the Madhapur one is top notch.
Old 26th March 2012, 16:57   #4224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
The buffet is priced at INR 450 per head (all inclusive).
Is the buffet only on weekdays or also on weekends?

What are the prices on weekends (that is assuming that you visited on a weekday)?

Edit : Just called Mainland China at Madhapur ; the lunch buffet is all 7 days and 452 per head all inclusive (395+tax).

Thanks for the lead on Truffles Cafe on Road No. 10 in Jubilee Hills in one of your posts.

Had an awesome dinner there last night.

The only drawback was lack of an elevator to cart one up four floors (senior citizen parents had to suffer).

Except for the pizza (Chicken Herb), all other dishes were outstanding.

Chargrill Pork Chops Arthur was the highlight of the day. Amazing!

After a very long time, here is a place where any dish with the word "cream" does not taste milky but is creamy the way it should be.

Thanks also to Ranjit Nair who first led you to this place.

Was so full with the salads, soups, starters & mains that could not order any desserts.

BTW, OTF is expected to open after another week or so. Eagerly awaiting as that is a much cheaper place to eat and so pocket friendly.

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 26th March 2012 at 17:05.
Old 26th March 2012, 17:10   #4225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Is the buffet only on weekdays or also on weekends?

What are the prices on weekends (that is assuming that you visited on a weekday)?

Edit : Just called Mainland China at Madhapur ; the lunch buffet is all 7 days and 452 per head all inclusive (395+tax).

Thanks for the lead on Truffles Cafe on Road No. 10 in Jubilee Hills in one of your posts.

Had an awesome dinner there last night.

The only drawback was lack of an elevator to cart one up four floors (senior citizen parents had to suffer).

Except for the pizza (Chicken Herb), all other dishes were outstanding.

Chargrill Pork Chops Arthur was the highlight of the day. Amazing!

After a very long time, here is a place where any dish with the word "cream" does not taste milky but is creamy the way it should be.

Thanks also to Ranjit Nair who first led you to this place.

Was so full with the salads, soups, starters & mains that could not order any desserts.

BTW, OTF is expected to open after another week or so. Eagerly awaiting as that is a much cheaper place to eat and so pocket friendly.
Since you got the details on Mainland,do not want to repeat it.Please avoid Saturdays and Wednesdays lunch as per the manager there,as it seems these two days the place experiences maximum rush.As per him these two days are the days when the IT companies in the vicinity have their team lunches apparently(cant verify this but he says so!)He was shocked when we told him that we are coming all the way from Sainikpuri to the Madhapur outlet!!!He is a genuinely nice man-Rajan.Btw the same buffet at their Andheri outlet in Mumbai is priced at INR 550 plus taxes!!

Totally agree with the steps at Truffles,senior citizens would really find it tough.Did you pay a visit to their washrooms just for a glimpse of their architecture!

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 26th March 2012 at 17:12.
Old 26th March 2012, 20:11   #4226
Senior - BHPian

On Sunday, we tried Andhra Chicken curry from a takeaway outlet called Srikanya adjacent to Model House, Panjagutta.

For a price of Rs 125, it was great --full of gravy and went very well with rice, though a wee bit spicy. Saved us the effort of cooking.

I also came to know that there is a Swagath Hotel on Rd # 12, Banjara Hills (on Magna building) that charges Rs 220 for a buffet lunch, inclusive of taxes. My son says it was a VFM buffet, and they also serve Haleem as part of the buffet.

Last edited by vnabhi : 26th March 2012 at 20:12.
Old 26th March 2012, 22:08   #4227
Senior - BHPian

ClayPot

Was dinner hunting after an Agent Vinod show at PVR.The show ended at 2245 and almost all the places had shut down.Thats when we found that Claypot still had its shutters up.The boy behind the counter told us that he is usually open and has adequate supplies of biriyanis till about 1145pm.A boon for sure for all those hungry souls.The chicken biriyani was bliss and was huge in quantity.
Old 27th March 2012, 12:22   #4228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
On Sunday, we tried Andhra Chicken curry from a takeaway outlet called Srikanya adjacent to Model House, Panjagutta.

For a price of Rs 125, it was great --full of gravy and went very well with rice, though a wee bit spicy. Saved us the effort of cooking.
That reminds me that many of the Andhra style take away shops(mostly named curry point or swagruha food) are amazing both in terms of pricing and taste. I remember having been floored with the taste with two of them in particular-
1. In Kukkatpally if you go straight from Remedy hospital towards IDBI bank there is a small Andhra takeway shop immediately after Remedy hospital, on the right, dirt cheap prices and amazingly spicy food for both veg and non veg.

2. At Malaysian township circle in Kukkatpally again, on the ground floor located in the corner of the road coming from Vasantha nagar and turning towards JNTU, there are two shops for take away one for veg and one for non veg. I visited the nonveg one and was spoilt for choices. The food nevertheless was tasty and inexpensive.

On sunday I had non veg thali at Daspalla's ground floor restaurant(Coffe times?) priced at 210 + taxes. There was mutton fry and Andhra chicken curry and both of them were finger licking good. I have noticed that Daspalla's mutton preparations are amazingly tasty in both the restaurants.
Old 27th March 2012, 13:02   #4229
BHPian

Guys,

I stay in shyamlal building and there are two shops in colony being the main road, Once we go towards RBI quarters in shyamlal Building, one guy selling pure veg, he is cheaper than our house food and taste is a pure north indian taste, I am yet to taste homely rajma that he makes in any other outlet in hyderabad. He sells them for Rs.30 a plate and roti is just Rs.3/-. All guys working in that one small pan shop sized shop are from north.

Then there is one guy who is almost adjacent to this guy and is very famous for his chicken, you can actually take boneless dry chicken and purchase gravy separately, go home and dilute the gravy a little more as it is very spicy. If any one want's to know the exact location please let me know.
Old 27th March 2012, 15:08   #4230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak View Post
If any one want's to know the exact location please let me know.
Hi Shammi,

Why not just give the name, address, location and directions in the first instance itself?

Do note that many many people who are non TBHPians actually read various threads after googling and reach here for information and such people cannot ask you for directions.

The value addition to the thread happens only when you provide detailed information straight away.

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks