Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2010, 14:46   #1291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
anyone knows a good place to pick up good quality columbian/ ethiopian/ kenyan coffee (instance variety). The one in Hypercity is too light for my taste and QMart has really old stock.
cheers
please share the information if you are successful at finding the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Btw, need some suggestions. Planning to go out today evening for a nice quiet dinner as i am celebrating ( again ! ) something.

Budget is around Rs.2000 for dinner for 3 people.

I was thinking Zafraan Exotica/Waterfront/SSS as all have outstanding ambience. But, been there several times before. Wifey insisting on ZE.

Any other suggestion which resturant works good. Ambience and good food is mandatory. It would also help if suggestions pour on which dishes to order
I recently went to the 'other' thai restraunt in Hyderabad. The one on the top floor of the VW dealership building [cent recollect the name] in Banjara/Jubilee Hills. Food was delicious. I forget what we all ordered, but I always get the Chicken Basil with a side of rice every time I goto a Thai food place, and this place's Chicken Basil was top. The view is great, as it overlooks the KBR park and the sevice is second to nothing. The bill for 2 came to something like Rs-1200 - Rs 1500.

The only thing is that, I dont recollect the name of the place
But i am sure someone here will fill me in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
Sounds good.....what are Gandhis good for anyway, apart from this and dry days

Might also drop in to Xtreme Sports bar for a spot of bowling.....that any good?
Bowling! Finally, again in Hyderbad!
The place is decent. Has only 5 lanes, but duing midday on weekends or on weekdays you could manage to get on one without waiting for more than 5 mins. And even if you if have to wait 30-45mins, no biggie, slam a few beers and the bowling only gets more exciting.

One game, per person costs Rs 150. Totally worth it. Booze & Bowling go hand in hand. Happy hour at sports bar is on weekdays 3pm - 7pm [i think], so bar menu is buy one and get one free. Hope this helps
Old 29th January 2010, 14:51   #1292
BHPian

Quote:
Any other suggestion which resturant works good. Ambience and good food is mandatory.
Terrace Bay, its simply WOW!!!
Old 29th January 2010, 16:28   #1293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any other suggestion which resturant works good. Ambience and good food is mandatory. It would also help if suggestions pour on which dishes to order
How about going down your old memories lane?? Palace heights!!

or

Tabala??
Old 30th January 2010, 10:02   #1294
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the overwhelming response for my request. Wish my folks were as experimenters as me. They always want to stick to tried and tested places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
The Great Kebab Factory ?
Haven for meat lovers. Wifey is almost a vegetarian and mom is pure vegetarian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by discobiscuit View Post
.The only thing is that, I dont recollect the name of the place
The only one i know on that road is "Little Penang" though its malaysian cuisine and not Thai exactly. Or was it Isda Thai?

Sent you a PM check that out !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Terrace Bay, its simply WOW!!!
Terrace Bay these days doesnt really come into upmarket restuarant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
How about going down your old memories lane?? Palace heights!!orTabala??
PH, yes but Tabla on a special occasion? I should get my head examined.

Btw, after lot of dilly dallying we settled for Zafraan Exotica ( Can't help it, can we?)

Beautiful weather, one of the best ambience for dinners on the rooftop.

We enjoyed the following :-

Mocktails--Pink Flamingo & Bahamas Sunset : Rs.250

I had a couple of mocktails myself !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snacks --Awadi Harra Kebab (Rs.190) & Charcoal grilled chicken in special spices ( chef special)--Rs.230

Maincourse--Jodhpuri Subj Thekri ( Rs.190) and Rarra Meat ( Rs.270)

Assorted Rotis

Subz Dum Biryani (Rs.190)

-----I was told the mocktails were excellent

-----Harra Kebab was outstanding and so was the special chicken

----I fell in love with Rarra meat ( Brown curry with meat pieces and entire gravy is kheema meat), awesome fiery dish

-----JST was also very good, fresh vegetables cooked in some light spices

-----Mom fell in love with Kulchas, she said the best. Soft and melt in mouth types

It was a fantastic dining experience with night being slightly chilly and light breeze blowing. Its a great place for that special occasions

Total Damage : Rs.1935 ( After 15% discount for using ICICI Credit Card)
Old 30th January 2010, 14:10   #1295
BHPian

Quote:
The only one i know on that road is "Little Penang" though its malaysian cuisine and not Thai exactly. Or was it Isda Thai?
Isda Thai! thats it.

Before the good weather fades away, you can try this place out as well. They have an indoor restraunt on the 5th floor and an open top restraunt on the top floor.
Old 30th January 2010, 15:12   #1296
Senior - BHPian

All you gastronomic guru's please suggest a good place for Sizzler's in town. Had too much of Yoko's, Indijoe's and Palace Heights.
Old 30th January 2010, 15:18   #1297
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
All you gastronomic guru's please suggest a good place for Sizzler's in town. Had too much of Yoko's, Indijoe's and Palace Heights.
If you are bored of above. Try, Tabla which is next to Care Hospital, Rd.No 1 B.Hills. They used to make some fantastic sizzlers in the past.

I cannot vouch their sizzlers now since i been there in recent past but didnt have sizzlers but overall, their food is decent.

I think they serve a mixed-meat sizzler which is nice
Old 31st January 2010, 19:46   #1298
BHPian

Report on Ebony Hotel's weekend buffet:

The hotel is in Annapurna Studio Lane next to Zedds and Melting Moment.

The buffet is in their coffee shop on the ground floor which is crammed with 54 pax seating.

It all started at 8 pm and I was the only guest till 8:15 pm. Initially it looked that the place will get only only stags and 3 tables got occupied (one was mine and, yes, mine was also a stag gathering). There was a total sea change in the guest profiles at around 8:45 pm / 9 pm when the whole place was swamped by couples. 6 tables got filled by families / couples while only 2 more stag groups came. The crowd was very upmarket later on.

Drinks were good and they have created history is serving of drinks by any restaurant : Guests need to go to the drinks table and get their drink fixed including telling how much ice, how much water, sprite, etc. one needs. Thereafter the refills of drinks were served on the table.

Snacks were served on the table and included chicken reshmi kebab, chicken roast, fresh water fish tikka, spring rolls, corn cutlets and a few more. Salad and papad were available from the buffet counter.

Food was fairly okay and edible but with so much of snacks, I cannot recollect much about what all I ate.

Desserts were yuck ... some gulab jamun in some sort of cream thing, vanilla ice cream, some pineapple dish and one more.

Sevice was good with the General Manager keeping a strict watch on the staff. However, the staff is not yet trained enough.

My verdict is that the place will be worth only when they have bargain deals. The deal was certainly worth Rs 515 per person that I paid.

PS : Staff errors included them making me sit on a table booked in the name of one "Mr Avinash Pandey". How I came to know about the table goof up is another story!
Old 1st February 2010, 12:43   #1299
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
PS : Staff errors included them making me sit on a table booked in the name of one "Mr Avinash Pandey". How I came to know about the table goof up is another story!
Would love to know how you came to know about it?

I had booked a table for 4 but, we got delayed and dropped the plan since they said will serve only till 10:00pm. Did they serve beyond that as well?

So, we four headed off towards Bar-One at Tadbund on saturday night
Old 1st February 2010, 14:30   #1300
Senior - BHPian

Me and Bidisha also went to Ebony Hotel but since their Sizzler Chef was on leave, we also decided to leave. Headed towards Indijoe's had a good meal. But I guess running full houses has got into their head. On showing the expired Worcester Sauce bottle, he nonchalantly told me that they fill it up from a master bottle which I'm sure is not the case. Also I saw that they have started adding 10% service charge as well on top of the 14.5% VAT. So we didn't give any tip.
Old 1st February 2010, 14:37   #1301
Distinguished - BHPian

Ani, how was the sizzler? As good as the Yoko's one?
Old 1st February 2010, 14:48   #1302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ani, how was the sizzler? As good as the Yoko's one?
Indijoe's have a larger offering on Sizzler. Bidisha had a Kung Pao Chicken Sizzler which came with noodles and I had a Jack Daniel Double Barrel Steak & Chicken sizzler which I had for next day breakfast as well.

Food: 4.5/5
Overall experience : 3/5

And Avi to answer your question, yes I think it was better than Yoko's
Old 1st February 2010, 14:52   #1303
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Indijoe's have a larger offering on Sizzler. Bidisha had a Kung Pao Chicken Sizzler which came with noodles and I had a Jack Daniel Double Barrel Steak & Chicken sizzler which I had for next day breakfast as well.

Food: 4.5/5
Overall experience : 3/5

And Avi to answer your question, yes I think it was better than Yoko's
Wow, do they really marinate that steak in JD?
Old 1st February 2010, 15:02   #1304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow, do they really marinate that steak in JD?
Well the description in the menu said cooked with some kind of Jack Daniel Sauce
Old 1st February 2010, 15:06   #1305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well the description in the menu said cooked with some kind of Jack Daniel Sauce
Awesome. I am sure that taste is to die for. Unfortunately, i dont eat the original steaks ( only lamb ones). We had once ordered an entire Raan cooked in the army man's favorite beverage in Ohri's Banjara Hills.

It's taste was mind-numbing and if i remember that dish was priced at Rs.600 or something and this was a few years ago.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks