Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2010, 17:49   #1321
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightdrive View Post
The one near City Centre Mall? Haven't been there myself but a colleague who has been there a few times said they serve very good starters, a little expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
Avi Bhai, been there a year back and the one thing I remember were there starters..I am sure you would like them a lot.

Don't remember the damages, guess they were reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
They are a very very reasonable place with awesome muzik and great food. Try their chilly baby corn and Chicken Machurian. Food though is slightly on the higher side.

Oh if you are lucky you might find some live band playing as well.

Hope the above satisfies your query about the essentials
Thanks for your responses, even if it was after a bit of prodding.

I have decided to go to " Live Sports Bar" which Kirkiri went recently and he was all praises about it. It's on J.Hills Rd.10 and also it is closer to someone that i am going with.

As usual, will get back with a " Happiness Report"
Old 3rd February 2010, 18:38   #1322
BHPian

Yum!
I'm heading to hyd next week for a good 1 month and this thread is gonna be my bible

Any idea where I can get Lukhmi
Old 3rd February 2010, 19:55   #1323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post
.......Any idea where I can get Lukhmi
The Hyderabad House chain with various outlets across the city.

Don't know how it compares in quality to other places as that's the only place I've had Lukhmi.
Old 4th February 2010, 11:52   #1324
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yum!
I'm heading to hyd next week for a good 1 month and this thread is gonna be my bible

Any idea where I can get Lukhmi
Of all the things you asked, its Lukhmi?. Hyderabad is more famous for following :-

Mutton Biryani ( not chicken)
Patthar Ka Gosht
Sheek and Boti Kebabs ( Try Bade Miyan, Yummy)
Paya
Haleem

For Lukhmi, head straight to old city and try it in Shaadab, Aadhab etc.

Quote:
The Hyderabad House chain with various outlets across the city.

Don't know how it compares in quality to other places as that's the only place I've had Lukhmi.
Their Lukhmi is crap. Even Biryani has become terrible. Avoid HH like a plague

Last evening went out with a couple of my customers to Live Sports Bar, Rd.10 J hills. Very nice ambience with a large screen but it was not switched on. Decent music played all through the evening by their inhouse DJ.

Place was more than half empty ( probably the location is quite weird, pretty interior from main road)

They had an offer which i am guessing is there almost everyday. Recently popular danish beverage was offered ( 1+1). Each costing Rs.140

Ordered the following :-
20 Danish Beverages : Rs. 1400
Chilly Babycorn : Rs. 135
Veg Manchuria ( 2 No's) : Rs. 270
Hari Mirchi Chicken Kebab: Rs.180

Total Damages : Rs.2300

Food was requested to me made spicy and it was reasonably good.

Considering the amount of stuff we ordered and end damages, it is indeed a VFM place to chill out.

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th February 2010 at 11:53.
Old 4th February 2010, 12:02   #1325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Last evening went out with a couple of my customers to Live Sports Bar, Rd.10 J hills. Very nice ambience with a large screen but it was not switched on. Decent music played all through the evening by their inhouse DJ.

Place was more than half empty ( probably the location is quite weird, pretty interior from main road)

They had an offer which i am guessing is there almost everyday. Recently popular danish beverage was offered ( 1+1). Each costing Rs.140

Ordered the following :-
20 Danish Beverages : Rs. 1400
Chilly Babycorn : Rs. 135
Veg Manchuria ( 2 No's) : Rs. 270
Hari Mirchi Chicken Kebab: Rs.180

Total Damages : Rs.2300

Food was requested to me made spicy and it was reasonably good.

Considering the amount of stuff we ordered and end damages, it is indeed a VFM place to chill out.
Is that all you are going to give us in the name of "Happiness Report".

Man give us some more info to spice up the report like the food you had.
Old 4th February 2010, 12:14   #1326
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Is that all you are going to give us in the name of "Happiness Report".

Man give us some more info to spice up the report like the food you had.
One was gora, another indian. One was veg, other was non-veg. I got smashed between this confusion.

We just ordered snacks and you wont beileve this.

After dropping them at 10:00pm, I took a official conference call for an hour sitting in the car in some lane in secunderabad and then went home and had Maggi for dinner
Old 4th February 2010, 12:47   #1327
BHPian

Quote:
....I'm heading to hyd next week for a good 1 month and this thread is gonna be my bible ......
Quote:
.......Hyderabad is more famous for following :-

Patthar Ka Gosht
Paya
Haleem..........
You are forgetting some other foodstuffs that Hyderabadis (or rather, Hyderabad Team-bhpians) enjoy. With special Hyderabadi names.

Examples: Danish Beverage, Armyman's Beverage, Jack Daniel Sauce, Special Orange Juice, Educational Beverage.

Have I missed out any?
Old 4th February 2010, 15:15   #1328
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You are forgetting some other foodstuffs that Hyderabadis (or rather, Hyderabad Team-bhpians) enjoy. With special Hyderabadi names.

Examples: Danish Beverage, Armyman's Beverage, Jack Daniel Sauce, Special Orange Juice, Educational Beverage.

Have I missed out any?
Ofcourse my dear friend, you missed out on my favorite " Kala Kutta"
Old 5th February 2010, 10:09   #1329
Distinguished - BHPian

Last evening, caught up with a friend at a place called " Night Flight" which is in Himayathnagar and about 100 meters from my home.

I have been there just before my vacation in Dec'09 and didnt get a chance to post it. But, since my second experience was good thought will share it.

Nice ambience and one section is completely like an inside of an airplane. same seating arrangement. Really awesome. But, thats no-smoking zone.

We prefered to sit outside and ordered the following :-

Kingfisher Packaged Drinking Water: 6 No's
Charles Fish
Chicken Barrah Kebab
Special Kandhari Chicken ( Gravy Based)
Tandoori Roti's and Phulka's

The waiter instantly recognized us as we both had been there in Dec'09 and wah-wahed the food then.

He suggested us to take Charles Fish which was special of the day. It was simply awesome. Beautifully marinated, spiced with freshly cut green chillies. It took our breath away and put a sting into our eyes.

Barrah Kebab deserves a special mention, its a must order if you go to this place. Marination and spices have practically sunk into those tender pieces of chicken.

Kandhari chicken was also a revelation. Spicy and lovely flavour.

We decided that this place deserves a visit atleast once a month. I plan to parcel stuff too as its stone throwaway from my place.

Best part, the bill came to Rs.1200 ( dont know the break-up as my friend paid up) which was quite reasonable. They have a 2+1 offer on the tougher stuff.

For the first time in my life, i got caught right outside the premises of the hotel as i took the car out of the basement parking took a left and within 10 meters they were standing. I used my nego skills and brought down their adamant fine request of Rs.800 challan to Rs.100 non-challan based fee
Old 5th February 2010, 11:22   #1330
BHPian

Quote:
Of all the things you asked, its Lukhmi?. Hyderabad is more famous for following :-

Patthar Ka Gosht
Paya
Haleem

For Lukhmi, head straight to old city and try it in Shaadab, Aadhab etc.
yes mobike, I i'm indeed a big fan of Biryani, esp the one at Shaadab. infact even the one at Mandar (Food triangle).

Last time iwas there i was unable to try my hands on Lukhmi hence this wierdo question. Also heard a lot bout Bade Miyan, was unable to go since i did not get any company and my direction sense in Hyd is not good

This time around i'm on a mission to review all the places that serve authentic biryani

It would be nice to catch up with the Hyd BHPians soon, and anyone going to Bade Miyan jus give me a PM shall tag along..

Last edited by kraft.wagen : 5th February 2010 at 11:26.
Old 5th February 2010, 11:45   #1331
BHPian

Quote:
It would be nice to catch up with the Hyd BHPians soon, and anyone going to Bade Miyan jus give me a PM shall tag along..
Bade Miyan has a branch or should we say an outlet in the exit driveway of Babu Khan Mall ; opposite G Pulla Reddy Sweets / Walden / CM's Camp Office / Kalaniketan Mall ; next to Spar / Westside / Amrutha Mall ; same building as Terrace Bay ; located at Somajiguda Circle.
Old 5th February 2010, 12:01   #1332
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
yes mobike, I i'm indeed a big fan of Biryani, esp the one at Shaadab. infact even the one at Mandar (Food triangle).

Last time iwas there i was unable to try my hands on Lukhmi hence this wierdo question. Also heard a lot bout Bade Miyan, was unable to go since i did not get any company and my direction sense in Hyd is not good

This time around i'm on a mission to review all the places that serve authentic biryani

Mandar's Biryani is inconsistent. You can also try Bahar at Hyderguda, they churn out a nice plate of Biryani.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Bade Miyan has a branch or should we say an outlet in the exit driveway of Babu Khan Mall ; opposite G Pulla Reddy Sweets / Walden / CM's Camp Office / Kalaniketan Mall ; next to Spar / Westside / Amrutha Mall ; same building as Terrace Bay ; located at Somajiguda Circle.
I prefer the original outlet on Tankbund. Nice place to sit out in the evening and hot rumali's with their authentic mint chutney with those sliced onions and hot sheeks and boti's being served plate after plate.

Their Sheeks are melt in the mouth type. But, i like their Boti Kebabs more.

Come to think of it, we should do a "Boti Meet" which should be fun
Old 5th February 2010, 12:31   #1333
BHPian

Quote:
Mandar's Biryani is inconsistent. You can also try Bahar at Hyderguda, they churn out a nice plate of Biryani.

I prefer the original outlet on Tankbund. Nice place to sit out in the evening and hot rumali's with their authentic mint chutney with those sliced onions and hot sheeks and boti's being served plate after plate.

Their Sheeks are melt in the mouth type. But, i like their Boti Kebabs more.
Yep heard this place Tank bund. Shall add Bahar to the list too

Quote:
Come to think of it, we should do a "Boti Meet" which should be fun
this sounds fun
Old 5th February 2010, 12:47   #1334
Senior - BHPian

Can I have the exact location of Bade Miyan at Tank Bund please? Need to take my family there next weekend.
Old 5th February 2010, 12:50   #1335
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Can I have the exact location of Bade Miyan at Tank Bund please? Need to take my family there next weekend.
While going from Boats Club on to Tank bund. Get exactly mid-way, on the right you will see " Sri Potii Ramulu" ( not sure if i got the name right, he is a famous telugu poet) statue. you can park your car on the kerb and go down the stairs to reach Badi Miyan.

Pointer :-

While going from Hyderabad on Tank bund, you cannot take a u-turn due to heavy traffic. So plan to come from Sailing Club end, then BM will fall on your left side. Go slow since i being a regular there have missed many times picking out the place as its not very visible from the tank bund road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks