Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2010, 14:18   #1456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Will stop over here during my next vacation which will come up shortly to Vizag
I am all ears, what kind of vacation are you talking about? any room left for more? Let's talk about this (and Suryalanka vacation to be organized by me) when we meet next.
Old 6th April 2010, 14:24   #1457
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagvasireddy View Post
I am all ears, what kind of vacation are you talking about? any room left for more? Let's talk about this (and Suryalanka vacation to be organized by me) when we meet next.
Oh Yeah ! Suryalanka. What happened to that trip? Summer is fading fast. We need to act fast to enable that trip
Old 7th April 2010, 00:13   #1458
BHPian

Been longing for some tasty Kheema Parantha's. This search led me to Khansama, Sarvi Lane, Banjara Hills.

Loved their Kheema Parantha's with equally tasty chutney & pickle. This was followed by a round of Special Lassi at Sarvi.

Next Hotspot on my list "Just Parantha's" at Banjara Hills Road no: 12. Heard they've real good variety of parantha's. JP, here I come.

Oh! forgot the customary note: Total Dent on pocket: Rs.260/- (VFM for sure)
Old 7th April 2010, 07:21   #1459
Senior - BHPian

Haven't contributed to this thread offlate as haven't been to any new place except the two below:

1. The Palatte
This is a restaurant inside the Casa Luxurio hotel on Banjara Hills Rd no.4 opp. GVK One. Had gone there with colleagues for the buffet. First impressions is that the hotel being new they have very less crowd. And because of this low numbers, there buffet is more of an ala-carte. They only display whatever is available and if you want it, gotta order and it will come to your table. Food was tasty except the Biryani which was more like fried rice.

Buffet /Person was about Rs 250+ tax but because we were 12 people got a 15% discount.
Rating : 2/5 - Mainly because of slow service

2. Swati Tiffins
Went for breakfast on Sunday Morning to Swati Tiffins. Good clean place but the food is neither Andhra nor Udupi. Had Onion Dosa, 2 plate Idli, 1 cold coffee & 1 hot coffee.
Dent: Rs 186+ Tip
Verdict: Not worth it if you can find a better tiffin place in the vicinity (Paradise doesn't count)
Old 7th April 2010, 11:27   #1460
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post

Next Hotspot on my list "Just Parantha's" at Banjara Hills Road no: 12. Heard they've real good variety of parantha's. JP, here I come.

Oh! forgot the customary note: Total Dent on pocket: Rs.260/- (VFM for sure)
I went to this place a couple of days back.
Placed an order for some Paratha's and Chole.
Also went to the Grabz joint right beside it. Picked up some corn nuggets.

I come back and wait and wait and wait for my paratha's.
There is no order in the confusion that rules this place.

Also noticed that the cook was burning the rotis. The tawa was very hot and the oil had heated up beyond its smoking point.

25 mins after having placed the order, I told them to cancel it and instead went to the new Chef Inam's Steak House under the Masab Tank flyover.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hydera...1/305586982026

They have a very good bbq setup.
I ordered some Mutton gravy and a couple of roti.

The gravy was VERY oily but tasted decent.
The rotis were ok.

Must try out the bbq there.
They were preparing a Tuna on it and it looked very nice.

The parantha's place on Rd 12 gets a big thumbs down from me for very poor management.
Old 7th April 2010, 11:54   #1461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
instead went to the new Chef Inam's Steak House under the Masab Tank flyover.

Chef Inam's ... Steak House 1 | Facebook
Saw this a few weeks ago at Masab Tank and wanted to checkout but couldnot. Good to know that you've tasted it and passed on your feedback about that outlet.

Offlate, I see a lot of Firangs thronging Chef Inam's. Going by this, it does look to be a decent place with good food. Would surely love giving this Chef Inam's a hit & JP a miss for now.
Old 7th April 2010, 13:42   #1462
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Haven't contributed to this thread offlate as haven't been to any new place except the two below:

1. The Palatte
This is a restaurant inside the Casa Luxurio hotel on Banjara Hills Rd no.4 opp. GVK One. Had gone there with colleagues for the buffet. First impressions is that the hotel being new they have very less crowd. And because of this low numbers, there buffet is more of an ala-carte. They only display whatever is available and if you want it, gotta order and it will come to your table. Food was tasty except the Biryani which was more like fried rice.

Buffet /Person was about Rs 250+ tax but because we were 12 people got a 15% discount.
Rating : 2/5 - Mainly because of slow service

2. Swati Tiffins
Went for breakfast on Sunday Morning to Swati Tiffins. Good clean place but the food is neither Andhra nor Udupi. Had Onion Dosa, 2 plate Idli, 1 cold coffee & 1 hot coffee.
Dent: Rs 186+ Tip
Verdict: Not worth it if you can find a better tiffin place in the vicinity (Paradise doesn't count)
Road No.1 has hoardings of Palatte all over the dividers. So food is not good eh? I have been noticing that whenever i try a new joint, the food is either not that great or inconsistent.

Which makes me go back to my regular choices

And, which Swati Tiffins? There is one Swati Tiffin at every nook and corner

Chef Inam sounds like a good joint but pricing info has not been shared.

I been watching a steak program on NGC where they show all popular steak joints in US and how they prepare and all. That program looked juicy...except that i dont eat beef...replace them with mutton...i am all game...LOL

Fellas, How about a Chef Inam Steak meet????
Old 7th April 2010, 16:35   #1463
BHPian

Quote:
Chef Inam sounds like a good joint but pricing info has not been shared.
As far as I remember seeing the board, it isin't that real expensive. Quite light on the pocket for sure. Hope Imran can throw more light on this.

Quote:
I been watching a steak program on NGC where they show all popular steak joints in US and how they prepare and all. That program looked juicy...except that i dont eat beef...replace them with mutton...i am all game...LOL
They serve Mutton, Chicken, Tuna and etc too.

Quote:
Fellas, How about a Chef Inam Steak meet????
Would love to have a Chef Inam Steak House Meet soon. Lets meet up
Old 7th April 2010, 17:47   #1464
Senior - BHPian

I need to take a friend out for dinner today. Need a place around Secunderabad where we can talk. Suggestions please
Quote:
And, which Swati Tiffins? There is one Swati Tiffin at every nook and corner
Paradise Circle.
Old 8th April 2010, 11:37   #1465
Team-BHP Support

Chef Inam is not expensive.

The average price for a bbq was about 200 bucks.

They server beef(tenderloin), mutton, chicken and fish(tuna).

But one good thing I noticed about this place is that every thing is kept in separate containers and there does not appear to be any mixup. The bbq area in fact was very clean and well organized.

The Mutton gravy and 4 roti's cost me about 205.
The quantity was also quite good. BUT OILY.
I was joking that it had more oil than my wife uses in a week's cooking.

There is not much place to sit and eat inside.
I don't remember if it was air conditioned.

The place is a great take out spot.
Not a good one for family eat out.
Old 8th April 2010, 12:26   #1466
Distinguished - BHPian

I happened to pass Chef Inam yesterday night around 9pm and from outside it looked quite small and definetly not a place for family.

It looked as if it can hold a maximum of 10-12 people at a time. I could be wrong.

Then decided to head to Papaji Ka Dhaba for dinner around 10pm.

Chilly Fish
1/2 Ginger Chicken with Rotis
Meat Biryani

Damages : Rs.450

I noticed that for first time our roly poly sardarji owner of Papaji has decided to extend his menu car which has been kind of constant from last 10+ years that i am frequenting their place.

They had a whiteboard places outside mentioning the special for the day. I was so hungry didnt notice it when going inside

It had quite a few chicken kebab dishes and some gravies as well. Missed it, knowing their great rustic taste of NV dishes, i will give it a shot when i am their next.
Old 8th April 2010, 16:45   #1467
Distinguished - BHPian

I reckon forgot to mention :-

Got parcel a couple of times from Mohini, Basheerbagh this week :-

In their snacks, the pepper chicken gets my vote. Juicy and no coating and unlike the pepper chicken you get everywhere.

Kadai Mutton, Butter Mutton and Mutton Tikka Masala is also a must have.

You will faint if you see their pricing ( I mean, in Joy !)
Old 8th April 2010, 17:12   #1468
BHPian

The sweltering head of Hyderabadi Summers always drag me to various outlets selling Ice Creams/Kulfi's. Famous was, is and will be favourite place for POT ICE CREAM. Still love their Mango Pot Ice Cream. Offlate, have deviated from Ice Cream and have been gorging on Kulfi's.

List down two of the best kulfi's, i've had till now.

1. Bombay Natural Kulfi
Bombay Natural Kulfi serve some of the most delicious Kulfi's. Loved Malai Kulfi and Kesar Pista Kulfi. The variety of Kulfi's doesnot end with Malai or Kesar Pista, they also have Pista, Mango, Chocolate, Almond and etc.

Bombay Natural Kulfi has an outlet on Niloufer Hospital Road, near Bazar Ghat. For people coming from Lakdi-Ka-Pul, take a left from Saifabad PS/Old Ayodhya Hotel X Roads and go straight.

Pricing Factor:
Stick: Rs.10/- to Rs.12/-
Mould: Rs.17/- to Rs.20/-
1 KG: Rs.160/- to Rs.220/-
0.5 KG & other options also available.

2. Homemade Amritsari Kulfi
Homemade Amritsari Kulfi takes the cake. Home made and very thick. Made with Pure Basundi. Tastes awesome and you will enjoy this for sure, in any form it turns into. If its freezed, lets call it Kulfi. If it melts and is semi-freezed, lets call it Basundi. If its in liquid state, then lets call it Masala Doodh.

Jokes apart, but tastewise its YUMMMMMMMMMY and worth the money spent on it. Just to let you know, Balaji, Basheer Bagh also sells the same stuff but at a higher rate. He purchases it from this place and sells it in his store.

Amritsari Kulfi can be purchased from the appartments exactly opposte to Hyderabad Nursing Home, Basheer Bagh. She stays in the appartments. Ask anyone there and they will guide you to her place.

Pricing Factor:
Matka Kulfi: Rs.25/-
0.5 KG: Rs.100/-
2.5 KGs: Rs.400/-
You also get other options available, but 2.5 KGs would be the best deal. Anyways, its summer and time to enjoy. Never really asked her for other options, just purchased 2.5 KGs always

Last edited by traveloholic : 8th April 2010 at 17:14.
Old 10th April 2010, 13:03   #1469
BHPian

Tansen @ Ohris, Jalvihar is a very good place for food. I really cannot comment on the non-veg as I am a veg, but heard only good things abt non-veg options from my friends. Veg is heavenly.
Old 10th April 2010, 15:56   #1470
Team-BHP Support

Banana Leaf, 1st Floor, Life Style Building.

Plain Rice.
Malabar Paaratha.
Nellore Fish Curry: Marrel fish, very well cooked with raw mango added for sourness.
Fish Fry: Seer Fish. With a nice paste on it. Deep fried. Good.
Payasam: Let me down.
1 Bottle mineral water.
Complimentary 2 glasses of cold Chikkoo milk shake.

Bill: 666.

Decent Ambiance and very good service.

Most Viewed