Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2017, 19:54   #481
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "Provident Fund" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Another option if you are joining a new company is to provide the updated contact details to them to get it corrected. With UAN around, there shouldn't be an issue with continuity.
That is correct. A new PF number will anyway be allotted under the new company, with the same UAN. So ensure that your personal data is correct under the new PF number and you're fine.
Old 25th January 2017, 16:26   #482
BHPian

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I am in touch with the PF desk of my current organization as well as HR of the new organization. Hope I am able to get the issue resolved without much delay.
Old 25th January 2017, 16:31   #483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistakenguy View Post
Thanks guys for the suggestions. I am in touch with the PF desk of my current organization as well as HR of the new organization. Hope I am able to get the issue resolved without much delay.
Please don't do two things at the same time, that is practically a guarantee that the PF office, or your old / new office finance people, will mess things up.

You should just stick to have your new office fix this for you.
Old 25th January 2017, 16:34   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Please don't do two things at the same time, that is practically a guarantee that the PF office, or your old / new office finance people, will mess things up.

You should just stick to have your new office fix this for you.
Thanks hserus. Will get the new office to fix this.
Old 25th January 2017, 16:45   #485
BHPian

Many might be aware of this already, still posting for those who aren't;

PF SMS alert facility to check PF balance has been started - Simply give a missed call on 01122901406 from your registered mobile number and you will receive the SMS from EPFO. The SMS will contain Name, UAN, DOB, Total contribution etc.
Old 7th February 2017, 14:44   #486
BHPian

My organisation generated a new UAN for me when I joined instead of using the old UAN. Now I have 2 UANs. It is utterly stupid. The portals don't work either.

So here is my situation, I hope someone can give me pointers as to how to fix this:

1. PF 1 - 2011 March
2. PF 2 - 2015 Sep (This is linked to UAN 1)
3. PF 3 - 2016 Feb (Self Linked to UAN 1)
4. PF 4 - Current PF (Linked to UAN 2)

I have never withdrawn my PF. What are my options? I see there is a form 13 to transfer all your PFs to existing UAN. Is that my only way to go? If yes, what is the typical timeframe I am looking at?

Also, is there a way to get all balances of my PFs in a hard copy from a PF Office?
Old 7th February 2017, 21:14   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
What are my options? I see there is a form 13 to transfer all your PFs to existing UAN. Is that my only way to go? If yes, what is the typical timeframe I am looking at?
Not sure of this new UAN portal but in old portal there was a way to bring all your existing PF numbers under single UAN number. Alternate would be to contact your local HR and ask them to transfer all your previous PF balances to current PF account and close the old accounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Also, is there a way to get all balances of my PFs in a hard copy from a PF Office?
Pls file a online RTI quoting all PF numbers to get PF balance for all your accounts. They will send you a signed stamped statement.

https://rtionline.gov.in/
Old 7th February 2017, 21:21   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Not sure of this new UAN portal
Is the portal operational ?
I have been trying to login to https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.g...mberinterface/
First I used to get a 'SQL error'. Tried again today and got a 'Connection failed' error. Is it working for anyone else ?
Old 7th February 2017, 21:42   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by perty View Post
Is the portal operational ?
I have been trying to login to https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.g...mberinterface/
First I used to get a 'SQL error'. Tried again today and got a 'Connection failed' error. Is it working for anyone else ?
I tried just now and got a 'closed connection' error. Looks like their server is down. I suggest you try again tomorrow.
Old 8th February 2017, 00:05   #490
BHPian

I have been trying to transfer my PF account from my old company to my new one, the online portal is not working, I have been unable to login to the site.
Is there an offline way to complete the transfer?
Old 8th February 2017, 00:45   #491
Senior - BHPian

Don't use the RTI route until you have approached the proper authorities.

The usual headache is that your HR at the old company may not have updated the date of relieving you (last day of employment) with the PF authorities by the time of your onboarding. So a new UAN is automatically generated by the PF office.

Of all these methods I suggest you first call the helpdesk 1800 number below and then go to the regional / sub regional office your old PF account is maintained under. Even easier if both are at the same office if not you might end up having to visit both the offices to sort it out.

Quote:
Send E-mail to Help Desk - employeefeedback@epfindia.gov.in

Help Desk - 1800 11 8005

Web Site - www.epfindia.gov.in

Contact EPFO Regional/Sub Regional office under which your Establishment is complying
Quote:
Not sure of this new UAN portal but in old portal there was a way to bring all your existing PF numbers under single UAN number. Alternate would be to contact your local HR and ask them to transfer all your previous PF balances to current PF account and close the old accounts.

Pls file a online RTI quoting all PF numbers to get PF balance for all your accounts. They will send you a signed stamped statement.

https://rtionline.gov.in/
Old 8th February 2017, 09:48   #492
BHPian

Quote:

Of all these methods I suggest you first call the helpdesk 1800 number below and then go to the regional / sub regional office your old PF account is maintained under. Even easier if both are at the same office if not you might end up having to visit both the offices to sort it out.
I have 4 different PF Offices as well in that case

1. Bangalore
2. Bommasandra
3. Pune
4. Thane

There is going to be considerable trouble to visit all of these 4 for a statement. No easier way out? I will call the helpdesk number today. However, almost no one picks the individual PF office number.

Doesn't the RTI sound more promising

@Motorpsycho - There is a form 13 which can be generated (usually by the exiting Org) and hard copy sent to the previous companies. This is for transfer though.

Last edited by pratyush6 : 8th February 2017 at 09:51.
Old 8th February 2017, 09:56   #493
Senior - BHPian

The helpdesk is different. In your case go to your current PF office with details and speak to their officer first, let him / her suggest a way forward
Old 8th February 2017, 10:32   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Don't use the RTI route until you have approached the proper authorities.
I did not faced any issues when i filled a RTI for knowing PF balance.
Any specific reasons for not doing so directly since dealing with PF official is a nightmare in itself.
Old 8th February 2017, 10:34   #495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did not faced any issues when i filled a RTI for knowing PF balance.
Any specific reasons for not doing so directly since dealing with PF official is a nightmare in itself.
Do you escalate to honda or maruti senior management immediately when you have a minor issue at a dealer? Same thing.

I have had very straightforward treatment at a PF office when I went there to get a 12 year old pf account with hardly 20k in it, that I had just found the papers for after I thought I lost them, and got them transferred to my current PF account.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks