Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2013, 21:45   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Gas Connection for my new home!

So I finally got my gas connection from Indane.
Cost: Rs.3500/-. Single cylinder connection + Gas lighter refill for the gas lighter.

After numerous followups, I finally got to submit my application in the first week of October 12. In between the Govt had stopped issuing connections. I was finally asked to come in the first week of January-2013, then was issued the connection in the last week of Jan. I submitted my photos, PAN card copy, rent agreement copy, Voters id card copy.

Now need to apply for a 2nd Cylinder- DBC (double bottle cylinder )
Old 8th May 2013, 15:53   #62
BHPian

Guys,

just visited transparency portal of Indane to have a look. Guess what, my Consumer number is not listed anywhere. It was there in March when I noticed it.

Also, IVRS booking is not getting through for the gas booking. Did anyone face this issue in Bangalore ?

Please take a look at the transparency portal
Old 8th May 2013, 17:27   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Guys,

just visited transparency portal of Indane to have a look. Guess what, my Consumer number is not listed anywhere. It was there in March when I noticed it.

Also, IVRS booking is not getting through for the gas booking. Did anyone face this issue in Bangalore ?

Please take a look at the transparency portal
I just transferred my gas connection from Noida to Bangalore.

I can see my name in the transperency database.
Old 17th June 2013, 19:34   #64
BHPian

Submitted my documents for a new bharat gas connection today including HR agreement copy, Passport copy, DL copy and Electricity bill.

I was told it would cost Rs7,000.00 for a new connection (including stove, cylinder, regulator and the pipe). Is it correct amount or am I being overcharged?
Old 18th June 2013, 11:44   #65
BHPian

You are being taken for a ride. The charges have been mentioned in the Bharatgas website. The total would come close to 2.5k IIRC.
And, you are not obliged to get the stove, piping, gas lighter and whatever crap they choose to offer you as part of the 'package'.
Just stay firm and watch them oblige.

Regards
Old 24th June 2013, 14:18   #66
BHPian

I did not have my PAN card with me currently. Also, being new to bangalore I did have the ration card or voter's ID.

I was told it is normally 6.5k for a new connection and extra 500 if I did not have the Ration card or voter's ID.

I guess I need to be firm with them. but my thoughts are, if they cancel out the booking stating inadequate documents I need to run to another gas agency again.
Old 26th June 2013, 13:32   #67
BHPian

If I am to transfer a connection from Pune to Bangalore, do I need to have an address which has NO registered gas connection?

I am planning to transfer it to my parents' place, and they already have one connection. If I cannot do this, what are my options? I visited the gas agency but faced the usual stony-faced (or was it ignorant) expressions and received no help at all. Can someone elaborate please?

Cheers,
Rahul
Old 17th July 2013, 12:15   #68
BHPian

Recently I relocated to Trivandrum from Thrissur. Iam sharing the gas connection transfer procedure which I have done as it might be helpful for fellow Bhpns. I use HP. Procedure for other PSUs may also be same.

1) Surrender all gas cylinder(2nos) and regulator with your agency. They will give the deposit you have paid for regulator and gas cylinder and a transfer note. I got a refund of Rs2650.00.
2) Documents requirred at the new home are a) Transfer note b) copy of rental agreement c) affadavit in normal paper if you have ration card in the new address else affsdavit in Rs100 stamp paper attested by notary d) 2 photos e) copy of identity proof.
I paid for deposit of regulator and 2 gas cylinder (Rs 2650) and cost of two full cylinders (Rs 889). I went and picked up the cylinders from their warehouse by evening.
Affadavit attached

Last edited by ontheroad : 17th July 2013 at 12:17.
Old 29th July 2013, 15:49   #69
BHPian

Got a new HP gas connection (Double Bottle) for my home in Bangalore. The documents that I submitted were:
- Rent agreement copy
- PAN Card copy
- Affidavit (since I do not have a ration card)
- Electricity Bill
- KYC form

An inspection was done to verify if my current stove is ISI registered and if I have any other PSU gas connection. The charges for the same was Rs. 250.
They forced me into buying the gas lighter with refill and the rubber tube - but otherwise pretty courteous staff and overall a smooth experience.
Total cost came to Rs. 4600.

Dealer was Mathru Agencies, Sanjay Nagar.

cheers
Old 30th July 2013, 12:08   #70
BHPian

I need to get a gas connection for my new house in Kukatpally, Hyderabad. Which one should I go for?
I am not sure if my Indane connection in Chennai is still active, if yes, I can transfer.
If not?
Currently, we enjoy the piped gas connection in my apartment from Bharat Gas. Can I use them to get a cylinder for my new house?
And which gas connection is trouble free in procuring and VFM?
Old 29th August 2013, 10:44   #71
BHPian

Mates,

Was trying to get a second cylinder since one 1.5 years from Bharat Gas in Sembakkam.
When ever I go, same reply, " Pls come after 1 year"
By any chance, did any one face any similar situation in Chennai.

Regards,
Maverick79.
Old 3rd September 2013, 11:23   #72
BHPian

Any bangalore guys facing issues with Indane Gas Delivery in East Bangalore ?

Booked it around 15 days back. No news about delivery. Even the toll free number to book the gas is inactive.

Even all India Toll Free indane complaint phone number 18002333555 is down.

Wonder what to do now. Any guidance will be highly appreciated.

Btw, did anyone try PGPortal for addressing similar issues.

Appreciate your help
Old 18th October 2013, 11:12   #73
BHPian

Hi,

Did anyone opt for Intra-Company gas connection transfer, launched recently in Bangalore ? Really getting pissed off with my current dealer.

Would like to hear your experiences on the same.

Appreciate your attention and help
Old 18th October 2013, 11:59   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Did anyone opt for Intra-Company gas connection transfer, launched recently in Bangalore ?
Iam not sure, but I guess this is for the 5KG cylinder launched newly. This is on sale through selected petrol bunks and can be exchanged at any outlet.
Old 18th October 2013, 12:58   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Iam not sure, but I guess this is for the 5KG cylinder launched newly. This is on sale through selected petrol bunks and can be exchanged at any outlet.

No this is not that 5KG cylinder scheme.

This the silmilar to Mobile number portability applied to gas connections were in you can switch among BP,HP, Indane etc .

But the process is really long and cumbersome

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks