Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2011, 20:29   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Is there justice in this world?? I think not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
I have lost faith on Humanity. But on God I still trust.

So how will God make sure that their accounts are settled before they come knocking on his doors??

HOW??
s/he won't. It doesn't work that way.
Old 21st January 2011, 12:11   #92
Senior - BHPian

Re: On Corruption in India

LMAO, after growing up and seeing the world around - ppl still believe in God!
God is a concept put in children's mind to make them behave according to parent's wishes.

God is not going to do anything, we will have to everything.
Ultimately its the person who suffers - who takes the action.
Old 21st January 2011, 19:52   #93
Senior - BHPian

Lets drag this here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...nce-god-8.html

^^Hope to see you there.
Old 22nd January 2011, 12:58   #94
BHPian

Quote:
LMAO, after growing up and seeing the world around - ppl still believe in God!
God is a concept put in children's mind to make them behave according to parent's wishes.
Thank God I'm an atheist! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragul View Post
OT but in the interest of general knowledge -

Regardless of how true it may be, I can't allow any mention of Churchill in idealized tones. That comment was made with racist overtones by a man who willingly sacrificed the lives of a million Indians by creating a famine in India. The same person who called for gas attacks on rebellious Iraqis, in order to “spread a lively terror.”. He stands along with Henry Kissinger as the pair that escaped branding as recognized state or war criminals along with Hitler, Pol Pot, Slobodan Miloslevic, Stalin and others.

You can read more here:

Churchill?s Dark Side: Six Questions for Madhusree Mukerjee?By Scott Horton (Harper's Magazine)

Churchill caused the Bengal famine: Madhusree Mukerjee - Rediff.com News

Bet nobody even heard of the Victorian Holoucast.

HTH
Agreed. Yet, what's more unsettling is the fact that the criminals responsible for perpetrating genocidal communal riots are still scot free in our country today. Heck, some of them weild massive power and enjoy a lot of support. That to me is the most appalling chapter of our country's history.

Last edited by Wolfheart : 22nd January 2011 at 13:01.
Old 22nd January 2011, 19:28   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
if you really want to do it, there are ways to get things done without a bribe. For this you have to be very organized and keep the receipts that you get from offices etc handy. It helps if you have contacts also. Generally there is a tendency to extract more money from people who are not local. Guard against that.
Sir I would beg to differ with you. After getting married I went to the Marriage Registrars office along with my parents and in-laws to get the marriage certificate. As everything was in order (the passports, marriage pics, cards, proof of address etc) I thought it would be a walk in the park.

But O No..No Sir! The corrupt idiot sitting there told me that he will ask the Police to verify that my wife and I have actually got married and only after the investigation is complete would he issue the Marriage Certificate. So I told him on his face that "Sorry I forgot you guys are corrupt along with a modest dosage of expletives". Needless to say he said he'll see how I get my certificate. So I had to go down the route I should have gone through earlier, called up my contacts, a little bribe and was taken straight to the senior officer, got offered tea in his office and was promptly given the certifcate.

Sorry to say but most (infact almost all) of the government employees (Housing, passport, marriage, water, Electricity (when it was not privatised) I have dealt with are lazy and corrupt to the core.
Old 22nd January 2011, 19:44   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brabus E V12 View Post
Sir I would beg to differ with you. After getting married I went to the Marriage Registrars office along with my parents and in-laws to get the marriage certificate. As everything was in order (the passports, marriage pics, cards, proof of address etc) I thought it would be a walk in the park.

But O No..No Sir! The corrupt idiot sitting there told me that he will ask the Police to verify that my wife and I have actually got married and only after the investigation is complete would he issue the Marriage Certificate. So I told him on his face that "Sorry I forgot you guys are corrupt along with a modest dosage of expletives". Needless to say he said he'll see how I get my certificate. So I had to go down the route I should have gone through earlier, called up my contacts, a little bribe and was taken straight to the senior officer, got offered tea in his office and was promptly given the certifcate.

Sorry to say but most (infact almost all) of the government employees (Housing, passport, marriage, water, Electricity (when it was not privatised) I have dealt with are lazy and corrupt to the core.
I think you should have taken an portable DVD player along with marriage Video to play in front of the idiot also next time silently record all conversation and then play it back to him saying you are going to post in you tube & send a copy to news desk
Old 23rd January 2011, 14:27   #97
BANNED

I am a government servant myself.

Nature of my job involves people travelling long distances (for them) for meeting me. Since I have contacts / phone numbers of the people wanting to meet me, I always call them (or they call me) and fix an appointment. If, for some reason, I am unable to make it on the fixed day, I make it a point to call them back and let them know that I would not be in the office / place of meeting.

Of course, I have cut out the real jargon / red tape from the above. We call such "meetings" hearings, inquiries etc.

I make it sure that people do not have to make a contact - either over phone or letter more than 3 times for getting anything done from my office. This number excluding out the first contact, where they submit applications, and the last, where they get to know the result of their application.

But, sigh, when it comes to matters personal to my service - like maintenance of service records, Govt. run insurance (compulsory and useless for me), transfers and postings, I am faced with the evil of corruption. Unless I cough up the "moolah", things do not work ....

If it were not for my 3-5 experience as a commoner visiting govt. offices before I got into service, which steeled my resolve to stay away from corruption, i would have ended up nose deep in that much by now.

This reputation of mine also means that I am kept away from several posts. Err.. "plum posts".
Old 24th January 2011, 00:43   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
I am a government servant myself.

This reputation of mine also means that I am kept away from several posts. Err.. "plum posts".
Sir I salute your honesty however people who get these "plum posts" will ensure this epidemic of corruption lives forever. I wish you best of luck and hope that someday your honesty is rewarded.
Old 24th January 2011, 15:14   #99
BHPian

We are in 88th position in the corruption index.

Corruption by country. Definition, graph and map.
Old 25th January 2011, 20:35   #100
BANNED

Addl Collector burnt alive by mafia in Maharashtra - Yahoo! News

What are we becoming into?
Old 25th January 2011, 21:09   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
yeah, the correct approach would be to call their boss and ask for the 'cut'. Much better than being burnt alive.

These people (criminals) have nothing at stake, going to jail is an additional qualification in their resume. Human rights are not really made for these kind of people.

Quote:
The police have been quick to pursue the case and though a couple of people have been detained, the police say it is too early to blame the fuel mafia for the incident. Government officers in Maharashtra have called for a day-long strike on January 27th to protest their colleague's gruesome murder.
obviously this goes way too high for anyone to investigate.

Last edited by vivekiny2k : 25th January 2011 at 21:18.
Old 25th January 2011, 21:17   #102
Team-BHP Support

In my school they used to say, when facing an issue, do what Jesus would do...

Today, I guess one must do what a raja might do.
Old 27th January 2011, 17:45   #103
BANNED

Quis custodet ipsos custodiet?

The CVC is supposed to catch cases of corruption. It now turns out that the CVC himself is involved in a criminal case.

Committee not aware of charge sheet against CVC: Govt tells SC - The Times of India

While people may say that it is only a "charge sheet", it is a fact that a charge is a decision by the judiciary that a preliminary case is made out against the accused, and there is enough justification to put the accused to the trouble of facing a trial.
Old 27th January 2011, 18:22   #104
Senior - BHPian

@BaCkSeaAtDrIVeR, I wish we had more people like you. But in the swim against the current, not many survive. I remember a beautiful article written by an IAS officer about this. Will try to dig out if I still have the link somewhere.

It's a long way to freedom.
Old 27th January 2011, 23:18   #105
BHPian

Re: Quis custodet ipsos custodiet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
The CVC is supposed to catch cases of corruption. It now turns out that the CVC himself is involved in a criminal case.

Committee not aware of charge sheet against CVC: Govt tells SC - The Times of India

While people may say that it is only a "charge sheet", it is a fact that a charge is a decision by the judiciary that a preliminary case is made out against the accused, and there is enough justification to put the accused to the trouble of facing a trial.
Government's stand on not knowing about the chargesheet is a blatent lie. How dare they lie to the supreme court when the whole country is watching. Well, they know they will get away withit as supreme court itself is corrupt and people don't care.

CVC issue:Govt speaking untruth, will approach SC, says Sushma - The Economic Times
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks