Arrey baap re! Phir?
We will prosecute you!
Arrey baap re! Phir?
We will arrest you!
Arrey Baap re! Phir?
We will issue non-bailable warrant!
Arrey baap re! Phir?

Sooner or later it stops.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 10th February 2009 at 13:26.
Old 10th February 2009, 13:27   #32
Senior - BHPian

Sam you should be banned ! , Bass is having trouble and you are making fun .
Old 10th February 2009, 13:30   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Somehow, I am sure Ajay understands, lol
Old 10th February 2009, 13:48   #34
Senior - BHPian

Banks' goon squad at work again!

Chill,

Scams like this abound. If you are not the borrower or a guarantor, offence is the best defense, talk very politely but firmly with the caller.

1. Ask her for her name, address, employee number, father's name, home address, etc. She is perpetrating a crime by calling you - warn her that you will prosecute her.

2. Ask for the bank's name, address, name of the responsible officer (CEO, COO, etc.) These dudes are ultimately responsible for the actions of the agents employed by them (if the agent is not employed by them they are liable to be punished for having disclosed confidential information to 3rd parties).

3. Ask her to send you copies of all the correspondence, documents, guarantees, loan agreement etc. ASAP.

4. Shoot off an e-mail to the bank and every top officer in the bank, (whether in India or not) asking them to show cause why they should not pay you damages for the harassment and why a complaint should not be made to the RBI etc. If it is an international bank like HSBC, tell them that you will prosecute them both in India as well as their home country. (If nothing else it will keep the general counsel in the bank busy and he will chew the backsides off the local goons in a hurry.) A desirable side effect might be that some poor lawyer who is suffering from the recession might get some billable hours on the bank's account.

5. If possible send a letter to the local police, informing them about the harrasment, criminal intimidation, attempted extortion of money etc. Keep a copy of the letter and the acknowledgement card. (I know that the police will not do anything, but it might come in handy later to have proof that you approached the police.) If you want, you can send the same complaint to the Police where the head-office of the bank is located - this way the local khakhi will harass them and make em pay - the suits in the top floors hate having the cops calling on them.

6. Write to your phone company and TRAI complaining that you are getting threatening / obnoxious calls from the number used by the collection agent.

7. Post the name of the Bank setting out their antics in as many fora as possible.

Remember that over the last few years the courts have gotten real aggressive with the collection agents and their antics. The courts and the RBI have warned the banks that they and the principal officers of the banks are personally liable for the actions of their agents. If I remember correctly, the supreme court has warned that the Chairman / CEO of the bank will be jailed for the stupid antics by their agents.

If the agent is stupid enough to pursue you, go for them hammer and tongs, you just might make enough money out of it to buy yourself a nice upgrade!

See also the thread on harassment by Kotak Mahindra - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ndra-help.html

Cheers,
Old 10th February 2009, 14:37   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Whenever someone says anything like that I have a favourite nswer:

Arrey baap re!! Phir?
So when she calls you again and says
Your friend owes us money!!
Arrey baap re! Phir?
We will prosecute you!
Arrey baap re! Phir?
We will arrest you!
Arrey Baap re! Phir?
We will issue non-bailable warrant!
Arrey baap re! Phir?

Sooner or later it stops.
There is another round going these days. Instead of going through such a long dialogue, we simply say, we are from Satyam, they gasp and fall over others to hang-up.
This applies to sales as well as collection calls
Old 10th February 2009, 15:04   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
There is another round going these days. Instead of going through such a long dialogue, we simply say, we are from Satyam, they gasp and fall over others to hang-up.
Satyam Shivam Sundaram.

Thats a great one.
Old 10th February 2009, 15:10   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Laughter is the best medicine!

I do use something on those lines when I am in a chatty mood. I chat up the guy/gal who calls. Ask them where they are from, what their parents & siblings do. Compliment them on their diction, tone etc.

I ask them about their job, their pay package, the weather, the stock market, their vehicle, etc. A cool 15 or 20 minutes later I tell them that I know nothing about the subject of their conversation! Citibank collection agents who call my number for a certain Mr. Zakir Pasha (whoever he is), know me well by now.

But then, Bass's predicament is different and presents different opportunities.

Cheers,

Quote:
Well mobike, not just the call centre guys even your very own nemesis in Ghanpur was speechless when Thakurji told him that you were from Satyam - after that he took whatever Prabhu offered!

Cheers.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Technocrat : 10th February 2009 at 19:28. Reason: see note in post
Old 10th February 2009, 15:17   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats correct Avinash, it happened to me twice after Raju;s confession, I simply start by telling them I am a Satyamite. There politely say we will call you back.
I am relieved now from those junk calls

Abhi
Old 10th February 2009, 15:31   #39
Senior - BHPian

IMO, there are two options:
1) Ignore and
2) Play with them and win the game.

1) Ignore them.
Next time you get a call, record that call. Ask them to give all the detailed codes ( laws ) under which you are booked, what was amount, etc. Eat their head a bit. Every time they call, eat head and then forget that phone call. Act so cold that they get irritated.

2) Win.
Next time you get a call, ask her about her employee no. etc., and inform her that if the charges prove false, you will be filing case against her. Then pressurize her to let her boss or senior person in legal department talk with you. Threaten him/her max., dont inform them you are recording call and tell them you can go to media also. Ask for laws ( I mean like act 138 etc. ) under which you will be booked. If they fail to inform you that, then ask for notice and tell them if the notice is pasted on your door, it will be there on their homes also or on the bank and in newspapers.

EDIT : Go to their office, and tell them you are here about the legal issue. Sit there for one day and ask them to show the details. If they say " against company policy " ask for company policy. Dont move out. Just go on asking about all details and laws. Spend one day like this, visit again tomorrow. Record all this. Then if they cannot do anything useful to show original form or company policy, tell them you have recorded all this and straight go to media and then on youtube.

Also if they withdraw the charges, file a case against them.

These are jokes being made out. When I had BSNL internet connenction, on that phone line I got calls for same purpose around 4 times. In the last call, I informed that this is wrong number. The case was this : Somebody gave my phone number, these useless humans bribed others and extracted my address from BSNL and they confirmed this address and told me they are sending notice. I replied back, if that comes, their homes and famalies are history.

The worst part is that they are ever ready to get personal and behave in such a way that other family members are also affected. A issue is made out of nothing.

Be firm and also be rude, extremely rude. That is the only language they understand.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 10th February 2009 at 15:36.
Old 10th February 2009, 15:45   #40
BHPian

Hey B&T,
Read through the whole thread. One simple advise, would be dont panic and also keep posted. TBHPians are here, to give you advise and support.
Old 10th February 2009, 17:58   #41
Senior - BHPian

Best way, If you got a smartphone - install Blacklist application and just put there phone number in the list. Once number is in the list they cant connect to your phone. I do the same for all tele marketing calls or unneccessary calls.
Old 10th February 2009, 18:35   #42
BHPian

Just record all of this and try to goto the media, maybe you could sell your story. I am sure some channel will want to show this since they are always hungry for a story. Hey if you are on TV make sure you sign an autograph for me.
Old 10th February 2009, 18:35   #43
BHPian

It wont be the bank. It should be a collection agent. The bank's legal department will not call you for these things considering that they know the regulations.
Raise the issue with the banking ombudsman as many have mentioned.
Old 10th February 2009, 19:20   #44
Team-BHP Support

Why not sell her car audio next time she calls. Just mess around with her. Also do as suggested in post # 30.
Old 10th February 2009, 19:24   #45
Senior - BHPian

B&T these guys have gone crazy, I am also facing issues with an installment which was debited from my account but the bank says they never got it.
Dont worry bro they cant do anything but if they keep harrassing you would suggest you complain to the Ombudsman. Ravveendrra has some real good tips and experience in such cases. I am sure he can also help if you want to take any steps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks