Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2009, 20:36   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishsegar View Post
It wont be the bank. It should be a collection agent.
I agree. That's what appears to be the case. NO one from a bank's legal dept. tells you they will send you a notice - they actually send it in writing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Chill,

4. Shoot off an e-mail to the bank and every top officer in the bank, (whether in India or not) asking them to show cause why they should not pay you damages for the harassment and why a complaint should not be made to the RBI etc.

5. If possible send a letter to the local police, informing them about the harrasment, criminal intimidation, attempted extortion of money etc. Keep a copy of the letter and the acknowledgement card.

6. Write to your phone company and TRAI complaining that you are getting threatening / obnoxious calls from the number used by the collection agent.
This is very important. You MUST put down in writing and document to the respective authorities as above, & to the banking ombudsman as detailed by other members (and keep meticulous records) of what is being done/told to you. The power of email is amazing, and courts accept copies of email as legally binding documents. These records will subsequently serve you well when push comes to shove.

And finally, stop worrying.
Old 10th February 2009, 20:56   #47
Senior - BHPian

Hey thanks everyone once again for all the help and support. Was having a rough day anyway, and having to deal with these morons was becoming cumbersome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatinchoubal View Post
TBHPians are here, to give you advise and support.
You couldn't be more right. A fellow Team Bhpian and good friend happened to read this, and also happened to know someone higher up at HSBC. I have spoken with the person and he has told me that he will have it sorted out. Really appreciate this gesture. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
Hey if you are on TV make sure you sign an autograph for me.
LMAO. Fact is you're already a bit late for the autograph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishsegar
It wont be the bank. It should be a collection agent.
I called the lady back to get some details that I had to give to the HSBC person. They said it was a bank. A branch in Malad behind In Orbit, Malad. And the persons there were from the "Legal Department" of HSBC bank.

Last edited by Bass&Trouble : 10th February 2009 at 20:59.
Old 10th February 2009, 21:03   #48
Senior - BHPian

B&T, Its an UNsecured Loan, so chill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
They say it is up to me to sue and recover the money. And here I was thinking cheque bouncing was a serious offence.
They are right Sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
The bank is right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I thought it was a criminal offense, now I realise it is not. It is not worth a civil case, I may end up paying more to the lawyer than the cheque is worth.
Actually, you just need to send your vendor a legal notice after the waiting period of a month. Usually that gets the offender on his knees!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
With call centre folks.

be your irritating best.
Wish we could follow that - Excellent Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post

Arrey baap re!! Phir?
Sam Kapasi at his best BTW, that was a good one!
Old 10th February 2009, 22:15   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
I called the lady back to get some details that I had to give to the HSBC person. They said it was a bank. A branch in Malad behind In Orbit, Malad. And the persons there were from the "Legal Department" of HSBC bank.
I don't think that is a bank branch. HSBC does have a large building behind Inorbit, but it is a back office.

Old 10th February 2009, 22:34   #50
BHPian

Quote:

The location is of their processing center behind Inorbit Mall, its not a branch.

The call can be traced from the number, if you can PM me the number I can find out the location.

regards

M M
Old 10th February 2009, 22:46   #51
Senior - BHPian

On the same note, ICICI in an absolutely similar case, just withdrew 20k from a friend's account. Good thing was, he worked in a call center - so he spent full morning tracking down the bankers and filing a consumer court complaint.

Cleared up within weeks!!
Old 10th February 2009, 23:51   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
I don't think that is a bank branch. HSBC does have a large building behind Inorbit, but it is a back office.

You are correct. Its the back office situated there. HSBC doesn't have too many banks in Mumbai. 1 in Borivali, 1 at andheri, 1 at Bandra and some townside.

Quote:
And these legal person can be found running around the inorbit mall on a daily basis in the food court!!!!
Old 11th February 2009, 00:00   #53
Senior - BHPian

Keep calling her back! Post the number here, WE will.

Quote:
Good now you know how to call them! Keep calling - say like every 15 minutes and ask them if they have sent the notice and the papers. Ask all your friends to call too.

If you want post the number here and all of us will call them and ask them if they have sent the notice and the agreements etc. Having a horde of TBHPians (who are known to be a little weird when occasion calls for it - which is most of the time) call them up will sure make them take drastic evesive action! I hope they jump off the sealink or something.

No seriously, if we started this kind of peaceful retaliation those guys will stop using such coercive and illegal techniques.

Cheers.
Old 11th February 2009, 00:55   #54
BHPian

Noone from the other side here so lemme chip in. I work with Citi and these are nothing but cheap collection tactics of outsourced collection agencies. Dont worry at all, these agents normally wont get scared even if you threaten them.
Best is complaint directly to the bank.
Old 11th February 2009, 06:40   #55
Team-BHP Support

First, this is a civil case, a non bailable warrant happens only if there is loss of life, injury or severe damage. An investigation is requred. If such warrants were doled out, the cop shops would be overflowing!
Old 11th February 2009, 10:36   #56
Senior - BHPian

I'm a banking graduate too, No one can issue non-bailable warrant for such cases.

Now coming to ground reality, It sounds like a cheap collection agent playing the game. Ask her the address from where she is working and tell her that you will come there to see the documents.

Otherwise, ask her to send all relevant documents so that you will understand what is the clause they are talking about.

Ask them their email address, it should state hsbc in that address. Send an email to all possible higher up emails CCing to her communication and explain what she discussed over the phone and state it is illegal. So someone from higher up comes up and gives her a guidance how to behave.

Now, for any one facing issues related to consumer rights including banking, telecom, hospital, work place, products please note there is a effective way of going legal available in India. I won 2 cases against ICICI for change of address and SBI for credit cards. It is simple and no need to invest our work hours, just write it in Consumer Online Resources & Empowerment Centre and take the complaint number and communicate to the concern people(caller, banking ombudsman, TRAI, CEOs, COOs, Media etc.) that the case is pening with consumer forum and till it gets resolved other legal dept. cant proceed further.

Guys, believe me it works well in India. The first time a Govt. body works really well for people .. CORE
Old 11th February 2009, 11:37   #57
BHPian

Write in detail how you have been harassed and mentaly tortured and send a mail to all of your friends and known people and keep the HSBC management and the Consumer forum in the CC. Now tell all the people to forward the mail to their friends keeping HSBC management and the Consumer forum in CC. In this way they will get hundreds or may be thousands of mails and they will definitely contact you.

Got a mail like this from some one who had a lot of trouble from Vodafone, within hours his problem was solved.

All the best Dude. Just dont panic. We all are with You.
Old 11th February 2009, 12:06   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjgm View Post
The location is of their processing center behind Inorbit Mall, its not a branch.

The call can be traced from the number, if you can PM me the number I can find out the location.
Hmm, ok. The calls are on my direct landline. No caller ID. I call them back on a mobile number given to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
Ask her the address from where she is working and tell her that you will come there to see the documents.

Otherwise, ask her to send all relevant documents so that you will understand what is the clause they are talking about.
They said they cannot send the documents. The ongoing rant is about how I confirmed over a phone call that I will indeed be a reference for my ex-colleague, and how that is evidence of my implication and liability.

The option for me to see the documents is by going over to some branch in the same area I believe. They apparently have no problems showing me the papers. They have said I am most welcome. The problem is with me going all the way across town and wasting my time over such a matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Good now you know how to call them! Keep calling - say like every 15 minutes and ask them if they have sent the notice and the papers. Ask all your friends to call too.

If you want post the number here and all of us will call them and ask them if they have sent the notice and the agreements etc. Having a horde of TBHPians (who are known to be a little weird when occasion calls for it - which is most of the time) call them up will sure make them take drastic evesive action! I hope they jump off the sealink or something.
Since a person from HSBC has already assured that this can and will be put to an end, I'd rather not resort to all this. The solution he may have would certainly be the most peaceful one.
Old 11th February 2009, 12:40   #59
Senior - BHPian

She cant do a thing, just relax and ask her out on a date - tell her you like strong women who use foul language.
Old 11th February 2009, 12:50   #60
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
She cant do a thing, just relax and ask her out on a date - tell her you like strong women who use foul language.
, probably the best solution B&T can adhere to.

B&T Please for gods sake dont do the mistake of going over to the Branch.

Kindly don't bother on their call, let their representative come down to your location.

This is just one cheap tactic, they'll be waiting to bait you in their trap.

Any references for any loan unless a Blood Related Guarantor, is not liable to repay any Secured or Unsecured Loan on behalf of someone else's default.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks