Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2009, 13:12   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
They said they cannot send the documents. The ongoing rant is about how I confirmed over a phone call that I will indeed be a reference for my ex-colleague, and how that is evidence of my implication and liability.

The option for me to see the documents is by going over to some branch in the same area I believe. They apparently have no problems showing me the papers. They have said I am most welcome. The problem is with me going all the way across town and wasting my time over such a matter.

Since a person from HSBC has already assured that this can and will be put to an end, I'd rather not resort to all this. The solution he may have would certainly be the most peaceful one.
Considering the resolution in the offing thanks to a friend in HSBC, this may not apply to Bass, but, for your information:

1. You have in your phone conversation only said that you know this guy who took the loan i.e. you have confirmed his existence, you have not given him a charecter certificate or undertaken to repay on his behalf. Ask them to go tie themselves up in knots. (Tell them that your Uncles are policemen and lawyers)

2. They are bound to send you copies of the alleged papers - one can demand to have them sent over. If they do not send copies over - it means that they have nothing that can stick - call their bluff!

3. If you can post her number, mebbe Steeroid and I can ask her out on dates! (She who lives in a glass house should not throw stones.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
, Any references for any loan unless a Blood Related Guarantor, is not liable to repay any Secured or Unsecured Loan on behalf of someone else's default.
Hmm, that is a new proposition, fortunately unknown to law. No way! Even if that guy who borrowed was my own son or father, I am not bound to repay his debts of any nature, whether secured, unsecured or whatever. I become liable only if I have signed a document (properly stamped) undertaking to pay the debt in case of a default by him.

Cheers,
Old 11th February 2009, 13:35   #62
Senior - BHPian

Two things

Firstly - IGNORE these ppl... They have NOTHING on you!

Secondly - whatever you do PLEASE do not be indecent with the lady. The laws are rather skewed and even a frivolous complaint by a woman against any man means a mandatory arrest and 15 day judicial remand (jail) - you can move for bail ONLY after the 15 day remand has expired.

My recommendation is to file a case with the jurisdictional police station alleging coercion, intimidation etc. Send a copy of the complaint to the banking ombudsman too. Believe me you will NEVER hear from them again - not to mention you can start planning your next upgrade!
Old 11th February 2009, 14:53   #63
Senior - BHPian

Like everyone has said earlier Ajay, Chill. A bank tried to get rude with me a while ago on some other issue and i just plainly told the lady from the legal dept. that i was recording her call (in which she had mentioned her name designation etc.) and that i would not hesitate to hand it oevr to the police if i ever get a call in that issue from her or her office. Its been 3 years now,i have not received any call form them. Anyways you have members from the banking world who have given you their expert advice.

but i have a serious issue re a credit card (major screw up by bank- trying to put the onus on me) by a Hsbc. Anyone from HSBC here who can guide me, please Pm me
Old 11th February 2009, 15:20   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
I am not a guarantor.
hen chill. as a reference you have NO financial liabilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Even in case of cheque bouncing banks do nothing.
but you can file a case under section 420.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
My recommendation is to file a case with the jurisdictional police station alleging coercion, intimidation etc. Send a copy of the complaint to the banking ombudsman too.
This is what I would do.
Old 11th February 2009, 15:28   #65
Senior - BHPian

I am a bit late on this thread but after reading whole thread I feel proud of being a T-Bhpian.

You have done the best thing by finding a contact inside HSBC who will look into the matter. As for this calling woman, I think threatening her might not be the best thing, they do these kinds of calls throughout the day and will be ready with an answer to each threat you give. Instead let her know that you are a well informed person and you know all the things which can be done against her act. Make her believe that you know that they can't do anything to you. (A banker will never threaten you for a legal notice; they will send you one immediately if they can) and tell her that the only way they can get your co-operation is if they request.

If she wants your co-operation in this matter then first she must stop talking like a broken record. And if she requests you for co-operation then ask her to send maximum details in written and also (if you want) ask her to give current contact number of your friend as you don’t have that. Tell her that you can talk with him, but can't do anything more than that.

Do not call her, only talk when she calls or else forget them.

If she still tries to threaten you, simply upload the recorded conversation on Youtube and give her the link and tell her that you are serious on taking further action.
Old 11th February 2009, 15:36   #66
GTO
Team-BHP Support

They haven't been able to get money out of your friend, and are only trying to get you into pressurising him to pay up. Known tactic. Relax.
Old 11th February 2009, 16:58   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
She cant do a thing, just relax and ask her out on a date - tell her you like strong women who use foul language.
Man, now you know, how to charm the ladies.
Old 11th February 2009, 17:48   #68
Senior - BHPian

just saw this thread. Good its resolved, but a scary, harrowing and totally needless experience.
Old 11th February 2009, 17:49   #69
Senior - BHPian

They're still calling. Just hung up right now. I've heard the same old rant so many times now, I know it by heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
She cant do a thing, just relax and ask her out on a date - tell her you like strong women who use foul language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
B&T Please for gods sake dont do the mistake of going over to the Branch.
Although I have absolutely no intention of going, or inclination towards the same, just curious - why "mistake"?

Last edited by Bass&Trouble : 11th February 2009 at 17:53.
Old 11th February 2009, 18:19   #70
Senior - BHPian

Can it be a prank your GF/ex-GF playing with you ? Valentines day around the corner so maybe, some permutation combination. Just maybe ??
Old 12th February 2009, 03:32   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Can it be a prank your GF/ex-GF playing with you ? Valentines day around the corner so maybe, some permutation combination. Just maybe ??
I almost died laughing on reading this!!
Old 12th February 2009, 03:47   #72
BANNED

Oi maa!
What on earth is happening here? And out of all the four wheeled creations in the universe, why B&T? ? ?
Watch whom you lift with your Sierra next time.
Old 12th February 2009, 08:07   #73
ECM
BHPian

B&T
When you get next call tell that lady that the number she is dialing is in do not call registry,several attempts of her will force her to pay huge penalty.
OR
Buy a cellphone with a call filter facility and put that number in blacklist OR choose an option to receive calls from contacts only which generally I do in my cellphone.
Meanwhile contact a good lawyer and explain this situation to him.
Old 12th February 2009, 09:46   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Rofl, fell of the chair laughing, in this case, he definately 'signed' up for this
Old 12th February 2009, 13:51   #75
Senior - BHPian

two Kolkata members are working with the concerned bank in Kolkata. you can get some information through them (if possible) - check your PM.

wish you all the best.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks