Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2013, 15:04   #511
Senior - BHPian

re: Life's like that: Real life anecdotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by renu.bhagwat View Post
After filling diesel in my Indica Vista at a local fuel pump, the attendant asked me the following question just to confirm his doubt..."madam...gaadi diesel ki hi hai na?? :-$"
When we used to own an Indica2000 back in..err..2000 , we used to get this experience all the time, only reverse.
The concept of a petrol Indica was virtually unknown and we had the base version to boot.
Every single pump we used to visit used to redirect us to the "other" queue , and the racket the 1.4L CI block made didnt help things either.

When we first bought it, we took an uncle around for a ride. He was impressed with the space inside and the supple ride (compared to rivals) , and even made a remark "Its a great car, at normal speeds, I cant even tell that this is a diesel".

PS : Your name and DP reminds me of a batchmate from school. Welcome to Tbhp!
Old 2nd July 2013, 15:06   #512
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Samurai : Actually you should be worried.
I think you could have given pointers to:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...sel-car-7.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...etrol-car.html
Old 3rd July 2013, 04:36   #513

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Samurai...
Remember as i said...i was laughing... :-D
Not the other way round.. ;-) and just to assure you...i state the fuel that needs to be filled in as people generally assume that girls dont drive diesel vehicles...
Old 19th February 2014, 10:50   #514
Team-BHP Support

I was talking my friend yesterday and told me a hilarious incident they had with their tenant. His flat is rented by 3 working girls who are unmarried. Some of his correspondence still arrives at that flat. Once my friend's wife (landlady) called the tenant to check on a mail.

landlady: Hi, has there been any mail at the flat?
girl tenant: ugh... what?
landlady: Mail... in our flat.
girl tenant: Maam, it happened only once. A friend was visiting in the evening, it started raining really hard and didn't stop all night. So he slept here and left in the morning. it won't happen again.
landlady: ????
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 11:40   #515
Senior - BHPian

This is more innocent than funny.

My sister shows my mom a sound clip her friend sent from chennai using watsapp.

Mom: Teri friend toh chennai mein hai phir kaise bheja tujhe?
Sis: wats app pe
Mom: aur kya bheej sakte hai iss se?
Sis: sab kuch
Mom: so can your brother send money
Sis: paisay ki photo bheej sakta hai

The other day my mom shocked me.

Suddenly i recieve a lot of messages from her and all in SMS lingo. I asked her if my sis was typing it she sends " U Stupid. I am d 1 msgin U !"

I was like

Finally i replied back, your generation is not supposed to be up this late.

Pramod
Old 19th February 2014, 18:41   #516
Oxy
BHPian

Re: How do you stick a bell on a wall? (Pics of Quirky Signs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC View Post
Hilarious thread!!..
Sometimes auto correction in Microsoft can be deceiving. Once somebody sent me his " Genital remainder" over e-mail.
Tell me about it.

I once sent a mail to one of our seniors named Nirmal, and Cced it to all my team management.

"Hi Nirmal" became "Hi Normal".

Someone replied back saying "He's not Normal".

And another reply followed which said "Well, that's not really news".
Old 20th February 2014, 09:59   #517
BHPian

Re: How do you stick a bell on a wall? (Pics of Quirky Signs)

I once wanted to call my lead over to my desk for a second.

My office communicator sent her his. "Can you please come over for a sex"?

Thankfully she didn't press charges. :(
Old 20th February 2014, 11:23   #518
Senior - BHPian

this about more than 7yrs back, i had a BSNL telephone back then at home. we had just moved into a bigger house after marriage and i had gotten the telephone line shifted to the new house. for some reason the broadband wasn't working. i called up BSNL customer care and this is how it went:

helpline personnel: yes, how can i help?

me: could you provide me with the primary and secondary DNS servers as the one configured doesn't seem to work.

helpline personnel: what is DNS?

me: <shocked> can you connect me to your technical department? maybe they can help.

helpline personnel: <after thinking for a minute> please wait.

helpline personnel: please talk to our senior technician <hands the phone to a guy>

me: sir, could you provide me the primary and secondary DNS servers as the ones configured don't seem to work.

senior technician: sure sir, please write down.

me: <ready to take down the details>

senior technician: 192.168.1.1

me: are you sure?

senior technician: yes sir, this will surely work.

me: thank you <sigh>

next day i went and applied for an Airtel telephone connection and have been happy ever since.

true story *green grinning fella*

Last edited by IronH4WK : 20th February 2014 at 11:30.
Old 20th February 2014, 15:35   #519
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Pune

Fergusson college road. Stretch outside Police grounds.
There is a perfectly fine four lane road with a divider in between to separate oncoming traffic.
Just one change was made a couple of years ago, the traffic was made one way direction in this stretch towards Agriculture college.
Essentially traffic is supposed to move in only one direction on both sides of the divider. Perhaps to save the trees on the divider being chopped off.

Nevertheless, 745 am on a wintry weekday morning. Exactly outside the Police grounds gate. Sun trying to peek out amid the leafy canopy and competing with the smog

A car heading in the correct direction blocked another car that was trying to chug up the wrong way. Both drivers got out to have an argument.
I was immediately behind the car. All other vehicles stopped too, so I stepped out for some entertainment.

The usual accusations and abuses started flying thicker and faster. Things started taking a turn for the worse and one of the drivers moved threateningly toward the other with a pointed crooked finger on a raised hand. A biker standing nearest was trying his darnedest best to separate the two who were trying to fight.

Loud derisive laughter pierced through the melee. It was from a couple of cops were returning from the other side of the road, perhaps their usual tea place.
The two fighters stopped in their tracks and all others turned to the source of laughter. One of the cops stopped laughing for long enough to point out that the two car drivers who were fighting had stickers of the same political party (ruling) and the biker separating them was from the opposition party.

Probably the first time I have ever seen both parties (wrong pun, as technically it was the same party!) in the fight turn back with their tails between their legs.
selfdrive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2014, 11:51   #520
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Official Joke thread

Happened to me yesterday. Had to write this down and share. Call from a Vodafone ‘Relationship Manager’

RM: Can I take 2 min of your time?
Me: Ok
RM: I am the assigned relationship manager for your (I think, that’s cool- I get a RM and all). I am there to help you with any issues/question you may have. You can reach me 9-6 Monday to Saturday.
Me: Ok. Awesome.
RM: Are you facing any issues currently?
Me: Yes I have an issue. My outgoing SMS is not working. I have tried everything, calling your Customer Care, setting/updating service numbers, even trying a different phone. No luck. Can you help fix this?
RM: (After a long Silence. I can hear her thinking. Oh no, this was just a standard call. I did not expect issues). Sir can I put you on hold. (Goes away for at least 3-4 min. I wait)
RM: Sir, Can you try this. Go to settings, update SMS service center number, restart your phone and try.
Me: I have tried all that multiple times. Does not work.
RM: Sir you try once more and see
Me: Ok (Maybe they did some magic in the backend)
RM: (Here comes the twister) Sir, you try as I said, if it does not work, you send me an SMS and I will call back
Me: What????
RM: Sir, send me SMS in the format XXX<Space> XXXX and send it to XXXX
Me: So I should send you an SMS that my outgoing SMS is not working????
RM: (Long Pause: Finally the wheels turning in the RM’s head fall into place and all the tube lights come on.). Oh Sir, you give me a call and then I will help you fix
Me: Ok (Cut the call as I finally ran out of patience)
Old 27th August 2014, 11:56   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Happened to me yesterday. Had to write this down and share. Call from a Vodafone 'Relationship Manager'

RM: Can I take 2 min of your time?.........Me: Ok (Cut the call as I finally ran out of patience)
Obviously, the RM is a Manager of 'good' relations, for those 'bad' relations, you the traditional (useless) help-desks tsk tsk
Old 9th September 2014, 12:21   #522
BHPian

This happened last year when I was in Montreal, Canada. We a gang of five friends were getting ready to go out in the evening, when we noticed a shiny black Maybach parked in the opposite apartment's car parking. We all wanted to take a picture with it, so off we went racing down. After we had taken photos to our heart's content, we were coming out of the car park, when a guy who was just pulling into the parking station stops and pointing to the Maybach he said - "You can park your car here, this is private property" hehehehehehe....

P.S.This is a true incident!!

Last edited by gabrielthomas : 9th September 2014 at 12:23.
Old 9th September 2014, 12:27   #523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielthomas View Post
This happened last year when I was in Montreal, Canada. We a gang of five friends were getting ready to go out in the evening, when we noticed a shiny black Maybach parked in the opposite apartment's car parking. We all wanted to take a picture with it, so off we went racing down. After we had taken photos to our heart's content, we were coming out of the car park, when a guy who was just pulling into the parking station stops and pointing to the Maybach he said - "You can park your car here, this is private property" hehehehehehe....

P.S.This is a true incident!!
you meant you can't park your car here, right?

else you lost me
Old 9th September 2014, 13:07   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
you meant you can't park your car here, right?

else you lost me

yeah - sheesh!! Sorry for the Typo and Thanks for pointing it out..
Old 18th September 2014, 19:10   #525
Distinguished - BHPian

Not a joke but a humorous real life incident.......

In 1950 my late father (of the Indian Navy) was under training on a British carrier learning very hard to be a naval officer. Those were the days before NDA, Khadakvasla and the Naval Academy, Goa. The Indian Midshipmen (as under training sea dogs are called) didn’t want the boredom of Sunday church service on the carrier's deck so convinced the ships Executive Officer (ie the number two guy) that they will hold their own Indian ‘church service’ in the wardroom. And so it was. The Executive Officer would peep in every Sunday and see the Midshipmen singing, clapping hands and swaying. He would return satisfied that ‘oriental hymns were in progress’ (as recorded by him in the ships log). The blighters were playing ‘Antakshri’. and so it went on for 9 months.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks