Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2010, 23:32   #511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
BUMP!!! 18 days in a row...I cant believe this is actually happening. I smoked for 10 years guys. craving now a days is not that much. effects are good and positive.
@Throttleking.
Great going man. . It is happening. Just let the days pass and the craving will vanish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post

Thanks for sharing buddy. Wish you good health for many many years!
You're welcome Wolfheart.
Its good to hear that you've stopped for over 3 months. Keep your pals motivated and see yourself being slowly dragged away from the addiction.
Old 16th April 2010, 10:41   #512
BHPian

Used to smoke 3-4 cigarettes a day. These days, it came down to 1 or 2 and somedays none.
During night drives, I just cannot drive on without a dose of black tea and smoke in between, whenever I feel drowsy.
Old 29th April 2010, 14:08   #513
BHPian

BUMP again!!! more than a month and still going strong. this thing is really amazing.
Old 29th April 2010, 14:53   #514
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if i have posted in this thread. So here goes.

I took to smoking at a very young stage of my life and continued to smoke for ten years. I used to easily smoke 10-15 cigarettes in a day. This continued till the day I met my partner in 2005.

Though she did not ask me to quit, she told me that my father is also a smoker and I dont like it so dont smoke in front of me. Dont know what took over me but that day on Jan 11 2005, i kicked the butt and till date have not even had a single puff for the kick of it. Have stayed a non-smoker for the last 5+ years. There is a marked improvement overall in my health, appetite and marital life since my wife is elated that i kicked the habit.

So folks please make up your mind and find out the joys of quitting smoking.
Old 29th April 2010, 15:04   #515
Senior - BHPian

You guys are smoking the wrong thing. The smoke seems to be smoking you!!
Old 29th April 2010, 15:07   #516
Senior - BHPian

Take an x-ray of your chest. If you see black cob-webs, it's good encouragement to stop smoking.

Two weeks back my blood test showed too much cholestrol, so I have quit tea (milk), bakery snacks and oily foods. I am almost living on grass, and I am walking half an hour a day. It was very tempting to start my old diet again, but now I am getting used to it. Depends on how much your life is important to you and your family.

I plan to take blood test again when I break my new diet.

Last edited by jinojohnt : 29th April 2010 at 15:11.
Old 29th April 2010, 15:15   #517
Senior - BHPian

Some people find it difficult to get over addictions. These people have a tendency to get addicted, to get hooked. And there are many who just quit is if it is nothing. Its worth a matter of research in itself.

For those who have quit successfully here is something which will make them realize the importance of their achievement. Researchers have found that it is easier to give up on drugs than to give up on smoking.

Way to go guys. Its no mean achievement kicking that habit.
Old 29th April 2010, 15:18   #518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
You guys are smoking the wrong thing. The smoke seems to be smoking you!!
What kind of leaves does Jay smoke?
Old 25th May 2010, 15:28   #519
BHPian

bump again!!! 2 months and i am still going strong. get the craving only when drinking with bloody smokers he he he

by the way anyone heard or tried electronic ciggie? Electronic cigarette, E cig, E cigar, Smokeless cigarette, E cigarette, Vapour cigarette, Electronic cig, Ecig
Old 25th May 2010, 15:50   #520
BHPian

oh yea that craving when you go drinking is a bit un controllable , so i quit drinking for a long long time , so quitting smoking drastically cut down my drinking which was a great side effect ., now i drink just once or twice a month and that too just not totally drunk , life is good !
Old 31st May 2010, 15:54   #521
Distinguished - BHPian

Done the Impossible !!!!

Out of all the people, I never thought that i would be able to do it as i use to enjoy smoking to the hilt ( never had any remorse or regret) even if my smoking was careful and done with a lot of thought ( Like not buying packs/ buy only 2-3 at a time etc).

I use to smoke about (5-6 ciggs/day) and this number used to go up to 10 ciggs/day when i drink which was twice a week. Not sure, if that is less or more but compared to folks that i hang out with, it does seemed less to me.

Well, life has been quite good till date. Work hard, Party harder types, sleep a bit less and this was taking a toll on my health.

After a small un-comfortable bout of uneasiness on last thursday morning, I decided to take charge of my life.

First thing was to immediately quit smoking, So i did it abruptly without thinking.

So I'am smoke free since Thursday evening (5/27). Hope this great run continues forever.

3 Full days of No- Smoke

Second thing on my list is to curb drinking to maybe once a week from the current frequency of twice or on a few occasions even thrice a week.

Third important thing on my list to cut back on non-veg food. I love it but, will slowly and steadly will master this weakness too.

So Gents, Wish you all a Happy No-Tobacco Day
Old 31st May 2010, 17:53   #522
Distinguished - BHPian

Well done and good luck for the future. Do remember that you may still need that will power months and years in the future. Be prepared for the urge to pop up when you least expect it.

Veg/Non-veg is a complex issue, and one on which people become very dogmatic. I wonder, though, whether it is not the amount of fat and carbohydrate in our diet, rather than if it is animal/vegetable origin that matters?

Happy No-Tobacco day to all!
Old 1st June 2010, 00:08   #523
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Well done and good luck for the future. Do remember that you may still need that will power months and years in the future. Be prepared for the urge to pop up when you least expect it.

Veg/Non-veg is a complex issue, and one on which people become very dogmatic. I wonder, though, whether it is not the amount of fat and carbohydrate in our diet, rather than if it is animal/vegetable origin that matters?

Happy No-Tobacco day to all!
Thanks. I know the urge will always be there. Praying for that strength to stick to my resolution.

Regarding the grub, typically NV food get tastier if cooked in lot of oil ( generally thats the tendency we have in our country and not many know or have patience to cook it lightly and still prepare it deliciously) and i am also a lover/victim of that masala coated kebabs, oil dripping gravies et.all which are killers.

What i intend to do is stick to lighter meat ( Fish and Chicken) preferably grilled and cooked lightly.
Old 1st June 2010, 10:53   #524
Team-BHP Support

Mobike008. I had my last cigarette on Sept 01, 2008.

Since then I have not smoked, but have occasional thoughts about smoking. Mostly when I am alone or simply feeling bored.
The urge has become kinda rare. But it sometimes comes back with a lot of force in it.

Guard against it.
This is the biggest challenge I face in my struggle to remain clean.

And its worth it.

The basic changes in my quality of life make it worth it.
I am never worried about stinking the place up.

Almost a month after I stopped smoking, I happened to be in an elevator with some one who had just smoked.
For the first time I felt truly sorry for my family who put up with such a noxious smell.
That is my driving force.

I will never subject my family to the horridness that is smoking.

A smoker is a convict on parole. One cigarette and its back to jail. --a quote I read someplace.
Old 1st June 2010, 11:05   #525
Senior - BHPian

Last 27th May I completed two years without a puff. BBlost great going brother. Mobike great effort. Don't give up the resolve. I still get those urges once in a while. When the cravings hit you do anything but pick up the cig.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks