Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2009, 01:56   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick030581 View Post
Saw the latest instalment of Fast & Furious this weekend. Neat cars but I expected more races, more redlining from the movie. was slightly disappointing. Vin Diesel's stunner from the first flick ( dunno if it was a diesel too ) makes a reappearance. What a beast!
Yeah man, totally agree.
I mean, the more sequels of these movies, come up, I guess the quality gets degraded..
But atleast part 4 had Vin D again, so it was good to see him.
Old 11th April 2009, 13:25   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Saw " Rockanrolla" the Guy Ritchie film. It was a disappointment.

Dialogues ( strong point of a guy ritchie film) weren't funny at all and accent didnt seem too british enough to me

2/5
Not up to the usual Ritchie standards. Revolver was ok, but Ritchie needs to find his Snatch/Lock Stock form fast. Cannot wait for the forthcoming Sherlock Holmes though!
Old 11th April 2009, 13:59   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw F&F-4 last night, i didnt like the movie at all. It was a bunch of computer graphics, bad dialogues, horrible script, bad acting, shaking photography and almost no good looking cars ( except for some fleeting glimpses of the super duper GTR and ofcourse, Vin's old black beast-btw, what car is that?)

For some of chase scenes felt like i was inside a computer game, probably something as bad as NFS.

However, it was good to see Vin Diesel ( he has some presence and almost fills the entire screen) and the villain was pretty neat too.

Go see it if you have nothing better to do.

1.5/5
Old 11th April 2009, 14:09   #214
Team-BHP Support

Saw "The Hills Have Eyes" yesterday. Well, almost. Left it mid way. Too uninteresting and neither scary nor exciting. No rating.
Old 12th April 2009, 10:06   #215
BHPian

I saw "fast n furious 4" yesterday and its an ok movie.
It has a good storyline, but its not so much about cars anymore (unlike fnf1/2/3)
Also I did not understand if this was really fast n furious 2 or 4. As the presence of Han (who dies in tokyo drift) is confusing! Anyone noticed him saying he is gonna go to tokyo? So maybe this is the prequel to tokyo drift and 2fast2furious never happened.
i would give it a 2.5/5.
Old 12th April 2009, 14:57   #216
Senior - BHPian

Saw F&F two days back The chase scenes are good but as said earlier some scenes look like CG. The opening sequence is brilliant (except for the last bit)

Overall 3/5
Old 12th April 2009, 21:29   #217
Team-BHP Support

Taxi to the Dark Side (2007)

Torture.
That is what this movie deals with. It is very graphic and contains a lot of disturbing images. But it makes you feel that the terrorists have just accomplished the main objective of terror. Remove the difference between them and civilized society.
I can understand the beheading of Daniel Pearl. After all it was the work of godless butchers. There is nothing good that one expect from the perpetrators of such ghastly crimes. But the murder of Dilawar by an army. That is so much worse because an army is supposed to follow rules and regulations.
Do watch this movie, but its not for everyone.
Old 13th April 2009, 02:35   #218
BHPian

Just saw "wolf creek" on star movies - really liked this thriller The story really builds up to the actual event and then the struggle of the actors makes you start caring for them! Well made movie and the actors have also done a good job
3.5/5
Wolf Creek (2005)
Old 13th April 2009, 08:20   #219
Team-BHP Support

Finding Nemo

An animated movie with excellent graphics, which are so life-like at times that you sit and marvel at the sheer scale of it all. That apart, the story is average, but will certainly appeal to the younger viewers.

Story deals with a little fish who during an effort to prove himself to his dad lands up in the captivity of divers and finally in an aquarium. His dad sets out to locate him and get him back, but should cross the deep blue ocean in the process, something which he has been scared to do so all his life.

Bennyboy Rating : **
Old 13th April 2009, 10:06   #220
Senior - BHPian

wo wo wo. wait a second! 2 stars to Finding Nemo???
If the movie has no surprise element, it becomes average?
Finding Nemo is one of the best animated movies to come out of Pixar Studios. Look at how each character is built up in the story! Nemo, Dory, his dad, the vegetarian sharks, the whole group of Australian turtles... the list is endless. It is a movie that can be enjoyed by one and all! Observe how it explores a father-son relationship. The similarities with the real world are striking... an overprotective father who doesnt want to let go of his son... the son who wants to go exploring... the bond of friendship between Marlin and Dory.
If you want to see a movie with visual effect marvels but no story, watch Transformers.
Old 13th April 2009, 11:17   #221
Team-BHP Support

Amitoj, i have most certainly appreciated the background work that has gone into the movie in terms of the special effects, as well as the characters. That is a fact, and i agree in totality. I would even go on to say the effects are way beyond comparison with respect to other animation mavies.

I've mentioned that the story as such would appeal more to a younger audience, thats all. It felt too cliched, if you ask me.
Old 13th April 2009, 11:27   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I've mentioned that the story as such would appeal more to a younger audience, thats all. It felt too cliched, if you ask me.
I dont think a movie that would appeal to a limited audience would end up in the top 250 list of IMDb, and stay there even after 6 years.
As for cliched, hmmm... i wonder how many movies are out there with same storyline? Surely, none in the animated form. And none with so much humor thrown in, even in the non animated film world.
Old 13th April 2009, 11:31   #223
Team-BHP Support

Quite a valid argument, Amitoj.
Personally, the humor in the movie didnt really bring about laughter in me. Had i been younger, it would have made an impact, but as of when i did watch it, it didnt.
Old 13th April 2009, 11:41   #224
BHPian

Two movies this weekend, one of which will certainly surprise yall, maybe even as much as it did me when I found it at my local DVD walla:

1. F&F 4: Enough already said about this. Less said the better. A very average movie. Watch it only if you have nothing else to do. And they killed Michelle Rodriguez:(

2. X-Men Origins- Wolverine: I was like :O when I saw it at the local DVD guys'. Decent type movie, very predictable though. Lots of the older characters flit in and out, and some new X-men like Gambit. Must watch for any fan of the franchise, but not as good or tight as the earlier episodes.
Old 13th April 2009, 11:54   #225
Senior - BHPian

Well, i am anyways biased towards animated movies. There is something about how the movie makers are able to mimic human tendencies and morph them into animal behaviour that i find very interesting.

In fact, just couple of days back i saw Bolt. (Bolt (2008))
Story of a dog who thinks he has superpowers, and sets off on a cross country trip to save "his person", with the help of a New York alley cat and an oversized hamster in a glass ball. He comes across some pigeons too, who were absolutely howlarious. Bolt's voice is done by John Travolta. Too bad for this movie that it came out in the same year as Wall E, otherwise it would have definitely grabbed an oscar.

Next i want to watch Coraline (Coraline (2009)). Its not a Pixar movie, but its based on a story by Neil Gaiman. From whatever works of Gaiman that i have read, i am sure it is going to be a unique movie.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks