Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2009, 12:06   #226
Team-BHP Support

What is the absolute worst movie you have seen? I mean it is so bad, made you so mad that you really want to start a fire and burn that DVD?

My vote goes to I love Huckabees.
Old 13th April 2009, 12:12   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
What is the absolute worst movie you have seen? I mean it is so bad, made you so mad that you really want to start a fire and burn that DVD?
Good question!
For me, its S1m0ne (S1m0ne (2002)).
Only movie that i have actually fallen asleep watching. Too much of Al Pacino in that one.
And if you consider Bollywood, then it would be No Entry. The only movie that has actually given me a headache.
Old 13th April 2009, 12:18   #228
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Well, i am anyways biased towards animated movies. There is something about how the movie makers are able to mimic human tendencies and morph them into animal behaviour that i find very interesting.
Very true. The role of the penguins in the 'Madasgar' series is something which i thoroughly enjoyed, and will not forget for a long time to come.

Quote:
My vote here goes to the movie 'Teeth'. I have even posted a review here on this.
Old 13th April 2009, 12:27   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, i am anyways biased towards animated movies. There is something about how the movie makers are able to mimic human tendencies and morph them into animal behaviour that i find very interesting.
Then I believe you must have loved Final Fantasy when it came out first atleast I did. In few scenes it was hard to accept that its an animation

And I agree 2 star is very low for Finding Nemo but then again everyone has different tastes & preferences
Old 13th April 2009, 12:32   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Then I believe you must have loved Final Fantasy when it came out first atleast I did. In few scenes it was hard to accept that its an animation
I remember watching it on TV some time back. There was this scene in the movie where the girl's hair is blowing in the wind, and if you didnt know already that its animation, you wont have known the difference!
But, animation for human form isn't as appealing as it is on talking animals (and robots) for me.
Old 13th April 2009, 13:14   #231
BANNED

Quote:
My vote goes to I love Huckabees.
I heart Huckabees was pretty bad.

Some more recent watches, I could barely sit through.

- Eagle Eye
- Shoot Em Up.
- Le Divorce
- Raising Arizona
- Golden Eye

One very old & hyped (at that time) movie - I almost fell asleep in the theatre
- Who framed Roger Rabbit

Last edited by carboy : 13th April 2009 at 13:15.
Old 13th April 2009, 13:32   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But, animation for human form isn't as appealing as it is on talking animals :d (and robots) for me.
I agree Final fantasy was just an exception as in it was very close to reality otherwise I like people animation too e.g The Incredibles , my all time favorites in recent times are

- Lion King (all parts)
- Finding Nemo
- Madagaskar
- Ice Age (1 & 2)
- The Incredibles
- etc etc

There are more in Tv serials too but that would be OT here
Old 13th April 2009, 13:32   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

One of the worst movies I have seen is "Bad Taste" - I will not say this was a bad experience as I am a huge fan of B-grade movies and this was an absolute treat.

Unbelievably, the movie was produced and directed by Peter Jackson (LOTR) and starred himself, lol.

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-bad_taste_poster.jpg

Here is what wikipedia said about the movie

Quote:
Bad Taste is about aliens that come to earth with the desire of turning humans into food. Jackson created extensive special effects for the film, including one infamous alien vomit drinking scene utilising some muesli mixed with green food colouring. Jackson also takes two acting roles, enabling him to include a scene in the film where he fights himself.
Let me share with you an excerpt from the script synopsis.
Quote:
An alien answers the door and captures Giles who wakes up in a tub of water with the alien leader telling him that he is to be eaten. Later, Derek wakes up and finds that he fell in a seagull's nest. He realizes that his brains are falling out the back of his head, so he stuffs them back in using a hat to hold them in place.
Hilarious and decidedly horrible, this movie. I thought it was wonderful. I recommend it for those people that can handle this sort of thing.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 13th April 2009 at 13:38.
Old 13th April 2009, 13:58   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree Final fantasy was just an exception as in it was very close to reality otherwise I like people animation too e.g The Incredibles , my all time favorites in recent times are

- Lion King (all parts)
- Finding Nemo
- Madagaskar
- Ice Age (1 & 2)
- The Incredibles
- etc etc
Incredibles was incredible, no denying that!
And my list wont be any different from yours, except that Wall E and Cars would be at the top, followed by Shrek.

@Sam: I just had lunch!! That movie's description nearly made it all defy gravity.
Old 13th April 2009, 14:50   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And my list wont be any different from yours, except that Wall E and Cars would be at the top, followed by Shrek.
Damn how did I miss Cars, another sweet movie

I liked Wall E only from the part when he enters the spaceship, was great thereafter. Shrek somehow I have always seen in bits & pieces but whatever I have seen I liked.

Btw have you seen Walt Disney's Robin Hood & the Jungle Book(very Old movies these are) they were simply amazing

Last edited by Technocrat : 13th April 2009 at 14:51.
Old 13th April 2009, 15:07   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Btw have you seen Walt Disney's Robin Hood & the Jungle Book(very Old movies these are) they were simply amazing
Ah Jungle Book, not the Disney one, but the one shown on DD long time ago is my more favored one, perhaps because thats the one i saw first.
Havent seen Robin Hood though.

I wish they had made a movie from TaleSpin as well.
Old 13th April 2009, 16:05   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Havent seen Robin Hood though.
Was a nice Movie to watch as a kid

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-robin-hood.jpg
Old 13th April 2009, 18:08   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Finding Nemo

An animated movie with excellent graphics, which are so life-like at times that you sit and marvel at the sheer scale of it all. That apart, the story is average, but will certainly appeal to the younger viewers.

Bennyboy Rating : **
Shocking bennyboy ratings.

Finding Nemo is one of the best movies that I have seen. Don't know if it is because my first son was around 3 years old when I first saw the movie, but the movie is a treat for everyone. Must have seen it at least 2 dozen times.

@ Techno... add "Sword in the Stone" to that, another great Disney Movie.

Last edited by esteem_lover : 13th April 2009 at 18:12.
Old 13th April 2009, 19:16   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
You mean this one

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-ss.jpg

Sorry havent seen it but since it was during Walt Disney's time I am sure it must have been good
Old 13th April 2009, 23:21   #240
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Shocking bennyboy ratings.

Finding Nemo is one of the best movies that I have seen. Don't know if it is because my first son was around 3 years old when I first saw the movie, but the movie is a treat for everyone. Must have seen it at least 2 dozen times.

, Finding Nemo should get alteast 4/5. It is cute, sad, beautiful, heart wrenching, wonderful, awesome graphics all at the same time

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks