Team-BHP - The Hindi Movies Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Hindi Movies Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/55911-hindi-movies-thread-11.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 1362408)
Did not bother to watch Paying Guests.

Watched it on TV yesterday and it was pathetic.

Quote:

99 was a good time pass one time watch though.
+1

Quote:

Buttttt the stupidest movie of this year will be the one in which Rani Mukherjee dresses up as a sardarji and plays in the Indian cricket team. Saw the promo and it was Yuckkkkkkkkk.
And Shahid Kapoor will pay for it - after Kaminey - if this movie releases he is doomed !

I saw New York yesterday. Good movie, well shot, good songs and good humor. All in all a good package. I would give it a 4/5.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 1362390)

PS2: I loved the music. Have downloaded the album and is now playing at home and in the car

Go to YouTube and look for a song by the Indonesian Group Samson. You will get Hai Junoon right there :D

Pritam again !!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy (Post 1338917)
I was driving to town and reached VT station when our Varun Kochar called me and started yelling on the phone deliriously "Awesome movie Tashan - must watch - superb - great - brilliant"

My gf heard all his shouting and I was forced to watch the movie in New Excelsior theatre sitting in the stall - was an awesome experience but for the movie.

He he he :D I remember !! I was watching this with about 15 people ( all cousins ) in Satyam in Delhi. I did actually enjoy the movie !! I am not joking guys !

I then immediately call Gautam in the interval and tell him its a fantastic movie , very funny and all. Later did I realise I made a mistake looking at the movie after the interval.

I think it was more to do with the company I had in the hall. All enjoying, cracking jokes.

A few days back I watched Tashan on TV ( catched it for an hour ). It was horrible and I could not laugh again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy (Post 1362405)
And why do I have this gut feeling that Kambhakt Ishq is going to have pretty similar fate as that of Tashan (which means Varun Kochar is going to love Kambhakt Ishq)? Any one else feel the same ?

The movie looks to be so damn irritating with Akshay and Kareena fighting like kids - damn damn

Yes, I have a feeling too that its going to be even more of a stupid movie than Tashan. Sylvester , Kylie can also not save it and are just useless special appearances.

I am however looking forward to LOVE AAJKAL.

LOL Gautam you are back :D

Saw New York

The Direction is crisp, this sensitive issue has been handled quite well.

The ending is a bit debatable but overall nice, The performances by all three lead actors is good.

My rating 3.5/5

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkochar (Post 1362544)
I am however looking forward to LOVE AAJKAL.

Yep - Love Aaj Kal and Kaminey are the 2 movies I am waiting for.

Even LUCK looks like a movie that has run out of luck in the promo itself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technocrat (Post 1362640)
LOL Gautam you are back :D

Yeah baby I am back.

Love aajkal definitely looks interesting!! Has anyone heard of morning walk?? Except for Anupam Kher nothing looks promising!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy (Post 1362967)
Even LUCK looks like a movie that has run out of luck in the promo itself.

I am waiting for LUCK to see how badly the original (13 Tzameti) has been distorted.

Entire family going for Kambakth Ishq show tonight. Lets see what happens :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 1369244)

You have a very brave family.

2 highly self obssessed actors from Bollywood. :Frustrati

Not to forget it has music from the self obsessed Music Director too lol:

Opps and double oops...

Rediff and Indiatimes have both give it about 1 to 1.5 stars. Looks like a 1000 bucks down the drain !!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 1369244)

With a 5 star rating(combined from around 5 different reviews :D ), i don't think there is much to see what happens. Hope your family treats you kindly tomorrow..

I have already warned them of the looming disaster. I hope that lower expectations at least make it tolerable. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 1362408)
...Buttttt the stupidest movie of this year will be the one in which Rani Mukherjee dresses up as a sardarji and plays in the Indian cricket team. Saw the promo and it was Yuckkkkkkkkk.

There was a movie on the World Movies channel (i think an israeili movie or an iranian movie) where a girl who loves soccer dresses up as a guy and plays in a tournament (Girls are banned from playing so ...).

Guess this could be one of the inspirations for the movie.