Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2009, 14:18   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haste View Post
As the thread starter, i forgot to update this thread . Anyways, my parents (who are 59 and 56) bought the policy from reliance...their plan is like this:
- Premium is arnd. 13k per annum
- 3 Lakh cover individually to each one per annum
- At present, it doesn't cover surgical expenses but after 4 yrs. it would...
- Premium would decrease by 10% every year for no claims..
- They were asked to submit few medical tests like the ECG, blood sugar, etc before getting the policy

The rest of the detail i don't much as most of the research was done by my father...

And yes, reliance does have the maximum no hospitals in their network...
Apollo DKV is expensive and no. of hospitals is really less...few months back even the Apollo hospital, New Delhi wasn't covered...if you wanted treatment at Apollo, you have to goto Noida ...donno if its changed now..
I wonder why the premium is so high! If you were willing to pay such high premiums, then any other company would have been a close call too. And IMO, since your parents age is still not 60, there would not have been major issues.

I recently got Reliance Mediclaim policy for my parents (Dad-60, Mom-57) and had a tough time as 95% companies close their doors for people as soon as they touch 60.

For the rest of them, premiums are quite high. It was only Reliance which offered me a cheap premium (INR 6,800) for a 5 lakh floater cover for both.

Yours is the Healthwise policy Silver or Standard Plan? Because all other features that you have mentioned seem the same as my policy. (Mine is the Standard plan)
Old 24th June 2009, 10:36   #92
BHPian

I would like to suggest a combination of health insurance that I had recently taken for my parents. This can be considered especially if you have elderly parents.

1. Oriental Insurance Happy Family Floater - 5L cover for a premium of 12k.
2. United India Insurance Super Top Up Policy Floater - 5L cover with 5L threshold for 4k.

I found Oriental giving the maximum coverage for the least cost and also w/o medical tests upto 60. Oriental does have a 10% copay but can be waived off if the coverage opted for is 6L+.

The United Super Topup gives enhanced coverage at very low premium. It works on top of your primary policy and only when you have exhausted your primary policy limits.

A similar 10L cover with a single health policy would be unimaginable.
Old 24th June 2009, 10:57   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superamerica View Post
I would like to suggest a combination of health insurance that I had recently taken for my parents. This can be considered especially if you have elderly parents.

1. Oriental Insurance Happy Family Floater - 5L cover for a premium of 12k.
2. United India Insurance Super Top Up Policy Floater - 5L cover with 5L threshold for 4k.

I found Oriental giving the maximum coverage for the least cost and also w/o medical tests upto 60. Oriental does have a 10% copay but can be waived off if the coverage opted for is 6L+.

The United Super Topup gives enhanced coverage at very low premium. It works on top of your primary policy and only when you have exhausted your primary policy limits.

Whats the maximum entry age? I would be interested if they allow 60+ entrants.
Old 24th June 2009, 11:43   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Whats the maximum entry age? I would be interested if they allow 60+ entrants.
Oriental is a different kind of plan, where you can be the proposer and add parents as dependents. The policy can be newly availed/renewed till the proposer (You) are 65. For the dependents I see the premium chart going beyond 70 yrs so the renewals should not be a problem.

http://www.insurancepandit.com/healt...cy_Wording.doc

I dont see any age limit on the United Top Up policy. You might want to check the policy document here.

http://www.insurancepandit.com/healt...cy_Wording.pdf
Old 24th June 2009, 12:02   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Upon my survey, they seems to be costliest. For Maternity coverage, lookout for Royal Sundram they also provide the same facility at lower cost. In case you aren't planning a baby recently then you can also look out for Apollo DKV as well, but they give the such coverage after 4 year waiting period only. I found them comparable to reliance as well.
What should be one of the best Insurance Policy for Mediclaim!!!
I already have a family floater policy for 5Lacs from new india insurance and was interested in IFFCO TOKIO's as they offer maternity cover from the 10th month the policy comes into force. Additionally many of the pre and post operative care is also covered.

I have asked the agent to give me a quote for Myself 32, My wife 28 & my son 3years old but he told me that family floater is not available in Iffco and I will have to take the policy seperately. If that's that case the insurance works out to be very expensive.
So would it be a good option to take insurance policy only for the wife and discontinue after the baby is born a year or two later????

Additionally I have scanned the Terms and Conditions and am attaching alongwith this post for everybody benefit!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Health insurance queries? Ask me!-page1.jpg  

Health insurance queries? Ask me!-page2.jpg  

Health insurance queries? Ask me!-page3.jpg  

Old 24th June 2009, 12:09   #96
Senior - BHPian

Just spoke to the agent again
He told me that the maternity cover for the wife will only be available if the husband is insured, but according to him(the agent) the husband can be covered only for 50k and the wife for 500k. The maternity cover is 10% of the sum insured.

Therefore the premium works out 1068 for myself and 8127 for the wife.

Can anyone please clarify if the insurance company can reject the claim on the basis that the husband is covered only for 50k so the claim for maternity will be 10% of that which is 5k???
Old 24th June 2009, 12:14   #97
Senior - BHPian

Harjeev, why don't you pick up the Royal sundram's policy.. lastly I inquired it was a sum of around 5K or so for cover of me and my spouse.

As a policy matter the maternity expenses will be covered after 10th month only.
Old 24th June 2009, 12:18   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superamerica View Post

I am too looking for a top-up policy for my parent's existing United Insurance policy. Any age limits or test required for entering such policy??

What do you mean by 5Lakh Threshold ??
Old 30th June 2009, 12:03   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wonder why the premium is so high! If you were willing to pay such high premiums, then any other company would have been a close call too. And IMO, since your parents age is still not 60, there would not have been major issues.

I recently got Reliance Mediclaim policy for my parents (Dad-60, Mom-57) and had a tough time as 95% companies close their doors for people as soon as they touch 60.

For the rest of them, premiums are quite high. It was only Reliance which offered me a cheap premium (INR 6,800) for a 5 lakh floater cover for both.

Yours is the Healthwise policy Silver or Standard Plan? Because all other features that you have mentioned seem the same as my policy. (Mine is the Standard plan)
I got a mail today that proposal for my dad's medical insurance has been rejected by Reliance. The reason cited is:

'Customer has LAD on ECG and High Blood Sugar level ... profile is high risk for the Policy'

Googling around gave me this answer:

"Left Axis Deviation" (LAD) refers to the pattern of electrical activation that occurs in the heart. LAD is an EKG-specific finding and not necessarily indicative of any specific cardiovascular condition. In fact, LAD is the most common EKG "abnormality" observed in adults, occurring in almost 10% of the adult population. LAD, however, may also occur in the presence of one of multiple cardiac conditions, including: thickening of muscle mass in the left ventricle (left ventricular hypertrophy), inferior-wall heart attack, high blood potassium levels, congenital abnormalities such as an ostium primum atrial septal defect, and artificial cardiac pacing. It is important to recognize these potential conditions, since unique treatments often apply to each of these conditions. In isolation, LAD has little clinical significance.

Now my questions are:
1. Is the above reason a cause for concern? What precautionary measures should I take to ensure my dad's health is not affected?
2. Which other health insurance should I look at? Hows Star Health and Allied?

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 30th June 2009 at 12:05.
Old 1st July 2009, 09:42   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now my questions are:
1. Is the above reason a cause for concern? What precautionary measures should I take to ensure my dad's health is not affected?
2. Which other health insurance should I look at? Hows Star Health and Allied?
1. Your father needs to meet some doctor.
2. I know one group health insurance policy where in your pre-existing illness is covered after 6 month's till the policy in force from Oriental Insurance.

Last edited by Technocrat : 1st July 2009 at 14:43. Reason: Please avoid quoting the entire post if its on same page, thanks
Old 1st July 2009, 13:48   #101
BHPian

Quote:

Reliance people had denied a single floater policy as they said its only applicable for people below 55 years...after that you have to take the policy individually...I don't know how they have given you the policy maybe they have different policy state wise or my agent cheated
And yes most of the other company premium too was coming close or more than this amount...so we decided to go with Reliance as it has very wide range of network...

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Also avoid quoting the entire post if its on same page

Last edited by Technocrat : 1st July 2009 at 14:42. Reason: Please read the note in post, thanks
Old 3rd July 2009, 19:20   #102
BANNED

All about health insurance for senior citizens :

All about health insurance for senior citizens: Rediff Money

Medical Policies - Senior Citizen Corner - Citizens: National Portal of India
Old 9th July 2009, 10:10   #103
Senior - BHPian

A known introduced to a ICICI Health plan where-in one needs to pay a sum of 20,000 Rs for a period of 5 years only for a sum assured of 5 Lakhs and there after the health insurance will be valid till 75 Yrs. age. However, after 5 years a lumsum amount can also be withdrawn as well from the said account.

For me, it sounds like an ulip account where-in the accumulated amount is used in paying the premium. I found it as a better preposition, in spite of paying 6-7,000 every year why not pay for a hefty amount for 5 years and get relaxed.

Somehow I am not able to judge the product un-baisely due to money saved while opting the said plan..

Any views ??
Old 9th July 2009, 12:32   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
A known introduced to a ICICI Health plan where-in one needs to pay a sum of 20,000 Rs for a period of 5 years only for a sum assured of 5 Lakhs and there after the health insurance will be valid till 75 Yrs. age. However, after 5 years a lumsum amount can also be withdrawn as well from the said account.

For me, it sounds like an ulip account where-in the accumulated amount is used in paying the premium. I found it as a better preposition, in spite of paying 6-7,000 every year why not pay for a hefty amount for 5 years and get relaxed.

Somehow I am not able to judge the product un-baisely due to money saved while opting the said plan..

Any views ??
Do you have the scheme name? I havent heard anythign like this till now. I mean paying 6074 per year for 5 lacks till 75 years is a total of 2,64,000. This seems more beneficial.
Old 9th July 2009, 16:32   #105
Senior - BHPian

Will inquire exact name and post by tomm.

Still i find the scheme as a better cost preposition !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks