Team-BHP - The Regional movies thread!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Regional movies thread! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/56597-regional-movies-thread-13.html)

I'm an inherent fan of Punjabi Movies.. (Never born and brought up in Punjab).

Seen ALL Harbhajan Mann movies so far. Even Chit Chor, Mitti Da Diva, Jatt Te Jameen etc etc.

So, anyone with a similar taste?? :)

This sounds more like "maruti" thread, "hyundai" thread and "rest of the manufacturers" thread....

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 1738220)
Made the thread useless IMHO.

+1.

Separate the threads mods :mad: it's hard for to talk about all regional cinema in thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anekho (Post 1738384)
+1.

Separate the threads mods :mad: it's hard for to talk about all regional cinema in thread.

I just found out that this was discussed extensively in the support section, I was not aware of it. Decision was taken after long discussions. Sorry, we won't have one thread for each regional language. We can't have shifting gears turn into a movie section.

Edit: This decision is not open for discussion.

Just to reiterate:

We cannot afford to have 25 movie threads discussing movies in various languages. English and hindi movies have enough volume to warrant separate threads. This thread remains as the place to discuss all regional language thread.

Request your understanding.

Thank You.

Managed to finally catch up on the Marathi movie Harishchandrachi Factory.

What a delightful little gem!! The movie is about Dundiraj (Dadasaheb) Phalke and his attempt to make India's first motion picture , Raja Harishchandra, made in 1913. It portrays all the trials and tribulations faced by Mr. Phalke, including the terrible social taboo associated with motion pictures back then, but is shown in a good, lighthearted way.
Definitely a worthwhile watch! :thumbs up

I have only heard excellent reviews of Harishchandrachi Factory. Guys, will it be any fun watching it with subtitles ?

Friends,

While posting in this thread, can we have the subject of the post or the first line of the post to indicate the language please?

My topic of interest is just one regional language. I really don't want to read the entire post to find that the movie being discussed is of a different language.stupid:

Mods, anyway to enforce this?

Appreciate the help.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 1740210)
I have only heard excellent reviews of Harishchandrachi Factory. Guys, will it be any fun watching it with subtitles ?

Well, I watched it with subtitles, and though they are quite good, like all subtitles , sometimes fail to capture the subtle nuances of the language. Nevertheless, a good watch , if you dont keep the expectations very high.Worth procuring a copy and watching at home. Debutante director Paresh Mokashi seems to have made it on a tight budget though...

Tomorrow is going to be a great day for Kannada Cinema.

The last movie of the late legendary Superstar, Action Star Dr.Vishnuvardhan will be released.--- Aaptharakshaka.

Need to catch up with this movie.

Watched Vinnai Thaandi Varuvaaya, a slow paced movie, reminded me of 500 days of summer. Good light music by AR Rahman.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AR
Watched Vinnai Thaandi Varuvaaya, a slow paced movie, reminded me of 500 days of summer.

Yes, quite similar.
Apparently, the Tamil audience got the 'director's ending' and the Telugu version has an alternate ending.

I am not a big movie fan and watch movies on and off.

So this movie DVD landed up at our place while my parents were here in Bangalore for a short visit.

The story revolves around a grandfather and his grandson. The grandson of probably 8 years has cancer of the retina and the only solution is to remove them making him lose his sight.

It follows the grandfathers journey from knowing about the diagnoses to actually preparing himself and his grandson for the surgery.

Some scenes are so simple but yet so well enacted. There are a lot of scenes where you will probably shed a tear or two.

Worth a watch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 1762299)
Yes, quite similar.
Apparently, the Tamil audience got the 'director's ending' and the Telugu version has an alternate ending.

Yes. But songs are pretty good. Especially Hosannah and Omana penne, you can't just stop watching! I never watched a simbu film in my life, but this was the first time and not disappointed as well.

Any reviews on Mundhinam Partheney ?