Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2010, 14:34   #211
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
What is your point?
Point is the arguments favoring opening a thread for each language is getting a bit long in the tooth.

You know what, I think there should be a Tamil movies thread. If that is what ends this unnecessary argument. Forget the actual value of such a thread.

Last edited by Spitfire : 21st March 2010 at 14:38.
Old 21st March 2010, 15:45   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Point is the arguments favoring opening a thread for each language is getting a bit long in the tooth.

You know what, I think there should be a Tamil movies thread. If that is what ends this unnecessary argument. Forget the actual value of such a thread.
Spitfire, Please don't get me wrong. It's not just about creating a separate Tamil, Telugu, Kannada or Malayalam movies. I didn't find the justification for merging all into one regional movie thread right , as few extra threads under shifting gears would'nt do much harm IMO. But then who am I to talk about this when the mods have mentioned that this decision is not open for discussion. So i rest my case. Peace.
Old 22nd March 2010, 10:37   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by passionforcars View Post
thanks spitfire

And for all malayalam movie fans here is your site

Snehasallapam - Powered by vBulletin

From now on no need to bother the mods for opening a new thread for Malayalam movies..
Thanks

Any mallu movie worth seeing these days?
Old 22nd March 2010, 11:37   #214
BHPian

Saw 'Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya' yesterday and got very bored of the poor screenplay. I was surprised that my wifey liked it, but she has been teasing me non-stop for the nataks I played to watch the movie (ive been telling her; "Trisha looks hot in saree", "Goutham said 'Trisha looks very sexy in the movie', am not missing it" etc)

Surprised why Trisha was shown like a less-than-average female through-out the movie, barring the climax. I thought the female lead in the 'Jessy' movie was charming than Jessy herself. The way Trisha carried herself in the saree, had done her hair-do, delivered dialogues leaves a lot to be desired.
Old 22nd March 2010, 11:53   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Saw 'Vinnaithaandi Varuvaaya' yesterday and got very bored of the poor screenplay. I was surprised that my wifey liked it, but she has been teasing me non-stop for the nataks I played to watch the movie (ive been telling her; "Trisha looks hot in saree", "Goutham said 'Trisha looks very sexy in the movie', am not missing it" etc)

Surprised why Trisha was shown like a less-than-average female through-out the movie, barring the climax. I thought the female lead in the 'Jessy' movie was charming than Jessy herself. The way Trisha carried herself in the saree, had done her hair-do, delivered dialogues leaves a lot to be desired.
+1 to that. I found the movie very boring. The focus was too much on the style and the screenplay was big let down. Goutham shows a 50-meter stretch of small street on ECR road almost for 50% of the movie. 90% of the movie has the lead pair alone being shown and that too close-up shots. Repeated dialogues. Couple of songs look like Goutham asked his assitants to flim by copying the vettaiyadu velaiyadu and Varanan Ayiram movie songs-similar picturization, locations .
Old 22nd March 2010, 12:29   #216
Senior - BHPian

Guys not sure why you disliked it, I loved the movie, it was very soft suttle with very real life kind of situation. But I hated the songs though, except for one, other were out of a situation.
Old 22nd March 2010, 12:46   #217
BHPian

BTW, One of the reason me feeling bored is the theatre.Prarthana has very bad quality visuals and sound system.
Old 13th May 2010, 11:59   #218
Team-BHP Support

Daddy Cool - (Malayalam)

Mammooty belongs to the Crime Branch in this movie, which greatly revolves around the father-son camaraderie. Both totally dote on each other with Richa who plays the mom providing the supporting role.

The movie provides you with its fair share of laughs although the constant nagging from Richa does get to you soon. Towards the end of the movie, you begin to feel traces borrowed from Tamil movies of the Gautam Menon genre.

Mammooty looks quite dashing and trim as always. Expect to see flashing images in slow motion when Mammooty walks, ala the Mohanlal type walks.

Decent timepass.

Bennyboy Rating : ***

The Regional movies thread!-daddycoolmammoottyphotos51.jpg
Old 13th May 2010, 12:35   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post

Any mallu movie worth seeing these days?
Iam sure there are NONE. Infact i don't watch any of the latest mallu movies. I guess i stopped watching newer ones about a decade back. The only worthwhile ones were made in the golden period of 80's to very early 90's.

Btw, Surya TV nowadays plays movies from this golden era everyday 10.00 PM. Catch them if you can. Worth staying late for classics. The other day i caught 'Ninnishtam Enishtam' - a Lal classic. Great song from it being - 'Illam manjil .. "

Why is Prithviraj not doing sensible roles anymore? This bugger is the only one with talent in mallu film industry, why is he wasting it by building six-packs and running around trees?!!

Last edited by WindRide : 13th May 2010 at 12:38.
Old 13th June 2010, 10:28   #220
BHPian

What is the best place to read reviews on Malayalam movies (new and old)? Is there a site like IMDB?
Old 13th June 2010, 17:01   #221
BHPian

Saw Vedam a couple of weeks ago. 3.5/5. Definitely worth a watch
Liked Allu Arjun's performance after a long time.
Old 29th June 2010, 11:58   #222
BHPian

Watched Raavanan in Tamil, its not at all worth the hype which surrounded it. The locations were a treat to the eye.
Old 16th July 2010, 16:30   #223
BHPian

Ravanan & Kalavani

Watched two Tamil Movies

1. Ravannan
+ve :- Location,Art,Camera
-ve :- No Story , worst Dialogue
Rating 2.5 / 5

2. Kalavani
Better than Ravanan, definitely worth to watch
Rating 4/5
+ve :- Story Presentation,Acting
Old 16th July 2010, 19:38   #224
Senior - BHPian

Watched Mohanlal's new film - Oru Naal Varum!!!
I'm totally fed up with this actor! He has spent 30 years in fim industry and still doesnt know how to select a script! Its one of the worst films released this year in malayalam. Its scripted by Sreenivasan and directed by T.K.Rajeevkumar. As in "Udayananu Tharam" Sreenivasan has tried his best to overshadow Mohanlal but miserably failed this time. Sreenivasan is a failure both as a script writer and actor in this film. First half is so dragging that you even get time for a sleep! Direction is below average. Story can be easily guessed after the first 10 minutes. I dont know why these guys went to bollywood for Sameera Reddy for such a silly heroine charecter. Climax is horrible.

Now all expectations are about Sreenivasan's son's debut movie (as a director) 'Malarvady Arts Club'.

Last edited by Anand123 : 16th July 2010 at 19:39.
Old 16th July 2010, 20:43   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Watched Mohanlal's new film - Oru Naal Varum!!!
I'm totally fed up with this actor! He has spent 30 years in fim industry and still doesnt know how to select a script! Its one of the worst films released this year in malayalam. Its scripted by Sreenivasan and directed by T.K.Rajeevkumar. As in "Udayananu Tharam" Sreenivasan has tried his best to overshadow Mohanlal but miserably failed this time. Sreenivasan is a failure both as a script writer and actor in this film. First half is so dragging that you even get time for a sleep! Direction is below average. Story can be easily guessed after the first 10 minutes. I dont know why these guys went to bollywood for Sameera Reddy for such a silly heroine charecter. Climax is horrible.

Now all expectations are about Sreenivasan's son's debut movie (as a director) 'Malarvady Arts Club'.
Thanks for the heads up and cant believe you still dono why she is here eh ?

Benny ! you saw that! it was a big flop.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks