Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2011, 02:49   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Regional movies thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
guess which the car in ROBOT/Endhiran is ?
PS: It's not a CLK
Umm.. couldn't guess, but would love to know.
Old 17th July 2011, 01:03   #287
Senior - BHPian

Movie: Salt N Pepper (Malayalam)

Watched this movie earlier today (or yesterday, to be precise). A simple romantic comedy, and the romance is between two 40+ characters. Has some good (clean) comedy and performances from the lead cast.
StarrySky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2011, 11:09   #288
BHPian

Movie: Deiva Thirumagal (Thamil)

After a long time a Thamil movie with no negative characters at all, a Tamil movie that soaked my eyes into tears. An exceptional performance from Vikram and Baby Sara. Direction and Cinematography were top class. Music by GV was good in places but still songs like 'Jagadago" could have had better tune and lyrics(It's not easy to be the nephew of two times Oscar winner, the expectations are sky high always). In technical front, it's nice to see Thamil technicians setting a new benchmark in most areas of film making in Indian Cinema.

-Ves - Story treads on a predictable path. Amala Paul looked pretty but did not have a strong characterization.

Last edited by CliffHanger : 17th July 2011 at 11:25.
Old 18th July 2011, 14:10   #289
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 21st July 2011 at 19:33. Reason: Refer to Mod Note in your post
Old 29th July 2011, 18:35   #290
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
Movie: Salt N Pepper (Malayalam)

Watched this movie earlier today (or yesterday, to be precise). A simple romantic comedy, and the romance is between two 40+ characters. Has some good (clean) comedy and performances from the lead cast.
+1. I would rate this as MUST WATCH ! A true movie for foodies. Absolutely fresh theme, nice dialogues, a bunch of good songs and what else would you want!

Orma Mathram:: Just RUN AWAY !! Slow movie with nothing to offer from a story / acting / song perspective. The movie looks like was shot in the early 90s [Camera problem?]. Don't waste your time on this movie.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2011, 21:23   #291
Distinguished - BHPian

Ko [Tamil] :: Just finished watching. Rating it 4.5/5.0 ! What a fast movie and good one too. Every scene is crisp and would have loved couple of more good songs.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 29th July 2011 at 21:46.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 20:55   #292
Senior - BHPian

Saw three movies Tamil movies over the past 4 weeks. Loved all three of them!

180: Loved the cinematography! The movie felt very fresh and it was great seeing Siddarth in a Tamil movie after a really long time. The story was good - and the twist was a complete shock! (Not revealing the twist for friends who want to see the movie) The change in the whole mood of the movie was drastic and it ended on a high note! Love the music!
Rating 4/5

Deiva Thirumaghal: What can I say? Brilliant acting by Vikram, and Nila was super cute! Bring your hanky's because you WILL be in tears through the movie. Emotional and funny at times - one of the few movies where I liked Santhanam! Story was predictable and felt they could have made the whole movie more crisp by shaving about 20 minutes in the middle (the whole hotel scene).
Rating 3.5/5

Kanimozhi: A movie from 2010 which incidentally got horrible reviews. I don't know why but I loved it! Something about it that felt very realistic! Very simple movie and Jai fit the role perfectly. The heroine looked really pretty too. Somehow the movie just struck a chord with me! And no, it has nothing to do with Spectrum Kanimozhi! Rating 4/5

Last edited by anekho : 18th August 2011 at 20:57.
anekho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2011, 03:46   #293
BHPian

Kandireega : Telugu movie good one,romantic thriller
Yudam sei : Tamil : Good one ,Thriller ,Detective movie.
Markandeeyan : tamil : One Time watch movie .
Aarakshan : Hindi : good movie,but story telling became at the second half as one man show.
msvg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2011, 19:46   #294
Senior - BHPian

Watched Pranayam (Malayalam) on Sunday.

I liked the movie - although it's not exactly the kind of movie one would like to watch during festival season. The film is slow-paced. The story is good and the movie has some touching moments and good dialogues.

The performance of the lead cast is very good. Anupam Kher has done well, but his lack of command over the language means that his lip movements don't always gel with his dialogue. Jayaprada has also come up with a good performance - and I see what director Blessy meant when he said that a 60+ lady character who is loved by two 60+ male characters has to be good-looking Personally, I think this is Mohanlal's best work in some time.
StarrySky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2011, 20:30   #295
Senior - BHPian

So has anyone seen Mankatha?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Ko [Tamil] :: Just finished watching. Rating it 4.5/5.0 ! What a fast movie and good one too. Every scene is crisp and would have loved couple of more good songs.
Saw Ko last week. Somehow the movie left me disappointed - felt it dragged on for too long - they could've shortened the whole movie by at least 30 minutes! Story was different and quite interesting though. Definitely did not see the twist coming! As usual loved Prakash Raj's performance. I'm becoming a Prakash Raj fan!

My Rating 2/5.
Old 8th September 2011, 00:48   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
So has anyone seen Mankatha?

Saw Ko last week. Somehow the movie left me disappointed - felt it dragged on for too long - they could've shortened the whole movie by at least 30 minutes! Story was different and quite interesting though. Definitely did not see the twist coming! As usual loved Prakash Raj's performance. I'm becoming a Prakash Raj fan!

My Rating 2/5.

Yes, excellent! Excellent tutorial how not to copy a decade old. Thala should have had better sense. VP and team have always been the copy pussies ( Meew!), but this has to be their highest low. Any car nut worth his salt would have the oceans 11 on a DVD, Any action movie buff can recognize anything that sounds near mission impossible title track.

They have not only lifted off movies, scenes but also had a mad orgy while at it. I did hear they were complaining about Piracy! About how technology aids the digital thieves and things like that.

Like they do not know about the word that goes copyright.

"Prem" as usual was good. As always the comic relief at most VP ventures. One without him might never make it. Mr.Vasanth and co was a natural. Next best. Arjun uncle! nothing more to add. Nothing else to look forward in it really. But, I would say an excellent way to spend guess which movie they lifted and lathed em with threads game!

Dear Thaala, feel sad for you. You did not deserve this as your 50! But, you got style. You're probably the best loved here since you're a true petrol head (Petrol Thalaa) !

SUN HAS TO DO BETTER.

If you rated KO 2.5, May God Err sorry may the heavens have mercy on Mangaatha!

Last edited by YaeJay : 8th September 2011 at 01:09. Reason: Boredom! :D
Old 8th September 2011, 19:08   #297
Distinguished - BHPian

Teja Bhai & Family [തേജ ഭായ് ആന്ഡ് ഫാമിലി] - Better avoided. There is hardly anything to look forward for in the movie. The only attraction seems to be the retro track "Oru Madhurakinavin" ! Rating : 2.0/5.0 !
Old 8th September 2011, 21:42   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaeJay View Post
Yes, excellent! Excellent tutorial how not to copy a decade old. Thala should have had better sense. VP and team have always been the copy pussies ( Meew!), but this has to be their highest low. Any car nut worth his salt would have the oceans 11 on a DVD, Any action movie buff can recognize anything that sounds near mission impossible title track.

They have not only lifted off movies, scenes but also had a mad orgy while at it. I did hear they were complaining about Piracy! About how technology aids the digital thieves and things like that.

"Prem" as usual was good. As always the comic relief at most VP ventures. One without him might never make it. Mr.Vasanth and co was a natural. Next best. Arjun uncle! nothing more to add. Nothing else to look forward in it really. But, I would say an excellent way to spend guess which movie they lifted and lathed em with threads game!

Dear Thaala, feel sad for you. You did not deserve this as your 50! But, you got style. You're probably the best loved here since you're a true petrol head (Petrol Thalaa) !

SUN HAS TO DO BETTER.

Woah. I wasn't expecting much but this sounds bad!

Either way I'll watch it, only because Thala is such an awesome petrol head
Old 9th September 2011, 22:17   #299
BHPian

Disappointing Anekho! But yes one can watch it for thala. They could have just ripped off one movie and stuck to it. A Thalaporter or The Idly Job or 'Samudhram 11' or 'Vegamum Kadumkobabamum' or something of that sort. Given him a proper Petrol head movie. Instead thala proclaims to drive 'tight' and not light. Spirited driving. We all know heros are always on GOD mode, but here we have Give all, GOD, Invisible, drunk and nut modes. As far as I can remember, for all the shooting I did see just one ammo clip being changed. They never run out of ammo. One could suspect if thala got part of his payment as liquid.

Arjun did not get enough screen. None of the chics were even close to what he did. They do educate you, one could dismantle the cargo area of a moving truck with a what looks like a Bosch drill ( ok they are supposed to have some bolt and nut removing slug, it works on batts etc). All of this is done while suspended under a moving truck, on our roads, forget the surface, potholes, speed breakers and bullock carts still plyin on our roads, thala comes off clean, no dust, not a speck! forget the Bullshit err or cow dung!

They didn't have to waste Subbu.

My guess is these dudes as usual got some joker to foot their party bill, enough babes for themselves, had a blast and thought on the go.

Only saving grace is 'Prem'. That dude should direct. Guess he is a natural.

Yuvan has some addictive tunes as usual but the sounds inspired by MI and other popular movies could have been avoided. Being inspired by something is different but hurting a fan is another thing.

Only for the sake of Taala. But please disconnect your brain and thinking capabilities once the show starts!
Old 10th September 2011, 07:46   #300
BHPian

Quote:

SUN HAS TO DO BETTER.

Quote:
Disappointing Anekho! But yes one can watch it for thala. They could have just ripped off one movie and stuck to it. A Thalaporter or The Idly Job or 'Samudhram 11' or 'Vegamum Kadumkobabamum' or something of that sort. Given him a proper Petrol head movie. Instead thala proclaims to drive 'tight' and not light. Spirited driving. We all know heros are always on GOD mode, but here we have Give all, GOD, Invisible, drunk and nut modes. As far as I can remember, for all the shooting I did see just one ammo clip being changed. They never run out of ammo. One could suspect if thala got part of his payment as liquid.

Arjun did not get enough screen. None of the chics were even close to what he did. They do educate you, one could dismantle the cargo area of a moving truck with a what looks like a Bosch drill ( ok they are supposed to have some bolt and nut removing slug, it works on batts etc). All of this is done while suspended under a moving truck, on our roads, forget the surface, potholes, speed breakers and bullock carts still plyin on our roads, thala comes off clean, no dust, not a speck! forget the Bullshit err or cow dung!

They didn't have to waste Subbu.

My guess is these dudes as usual got some joker to foot their party bill, enough babes for themselves, had a blast and thought on the go.

Only saving grace is 'Prem'. That dude should direct. Guess he is a natural.

Yuvan has some addictive tunes as usual but the sounds inspired by MI and other popular movies could have been avoided. Being inspired by something is different but hurting a fan is another thing.

Only for the sake of Taala. But please disconnect your brain and thinking capabilities once the show starts!

Why I like Mankatha:

mankatha is a copy of few of the hollywood films, so is every other movie releasing in india.

Thala was simply awesome in the movie. " I am Impressed, Gimme More !"

Thala likes cars (may be he is a member here)

Thala lives near to my house

Thala is thala !!

Note: i am not thala fan, but after this film, i kind of like him

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks